Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3607453)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Castle Combe (CCRC) HRDC

Includes single race for HRDC 'BTCC' cars and 500cc F3
Old 22 Sep 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3674287)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/use...0AC%202016.pdf
Old 22 Sep 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3674312)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm back out in a 500. Very excited 😀
Old 22 Sep 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3674329)   #4
racemech
Rookie

United Kingdom
racemech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello.

Does anyone have an entry list they could upload please?

Thank you,
racemech.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 06:08 (Ref:3674473)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not publicly available yet as far as I know, but we have 40 cars in our FISCAR Inter-Marque race.

Should be great meeting.

Iain, is Roger Woodbridge bringing his XK120 OTS? Even if FISCAR is fully subscribed there are a couple of other races suitable.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Sep 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3674486)   #6
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be my first visit to Castle Combe. Any good viewing-spots tips gladly accepted.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 09:20 (Ref:3674498)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everybody goes to Quarry Corner, the first major bend after the start. At Old Paddock you can see Quarry and the road down to Tower. I don't like watching at Tower you can't see so much but what you do see is intense stuff. Camp Corner isn't that interesting but you do get to see the cars trickling into the pits at the end of the race and can get the odd photo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3674567)   #8
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Midgetman –*thanks for the briefing.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3674675)   #9
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racemech View Post
Hello.

Does anyone have an entry list they could upload please?

Thank you,
racemech.

Finals and tickets arrived this morning.

Here is the entry list for most of the races - the F3 500s and HRDC races are not included on this list as I assume the entries have not gone via the CCRC.

Also included is the timetable in case you haven't found it already.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Castle Combe0001.pdf (2.56 MB, 46 views)
File Type: pdf Timetable Combe.pdf (55.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 24 Sep 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3674680)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There maybe some late additional entries, hopefully. Some of those grids look unusually light.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Sep 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3674818)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey John what about a class for Dizzy Delta's .
Old 24 Sep 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3674819)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Crikkeee. Normally the 500 are last race where ever they go . Early start then .
Old 25 Sep 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3675098)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Midgetman –*thanks for the briefing.
My pleasure. One tip. Walk around the track anti clockwise. You're pretty close to the action at times, well worth just stopping and watching as the cars head towards you.

It's my second home almost! I work there still at the kart track at Old Paddock.

Old 28 Sep 2016, 06:15 (Ref:3675629)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmmmm weather not looking very good
Old 28 Sep 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3675728)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
25 C this eve just North of Lyon......
Old 28 Sep 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3675754)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
28 C in the Algarve, 33 yesterday.
Old 28 Sep 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3675761)   #17
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh well, at least the spray will block out the eyesore that is the infield. Every cloud
Old 28 Sep 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3675763)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

I love the solar farm. How long is their contract for? It won't be just a couple of years, meaning the circuit won't be turned into a housing estate in my lifetime.

Old 29 Sep 2016, 07:08 (Ref:3675873)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Don't often disagree with John, but on this one I'm with you Max. It hardly registered last year and it appears in none of my photos.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3675945)   #20
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might still be possible to book yourself on a classic track lap for charity on Friday:
http://www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk/ne...be-race-track/
Old 29 Sep 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3675961)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Don't often disagree with John, but on this one I'm with you Max. It hardly registered last year and it appears in none of my photos.
Errr John who.
Anyway, I am looking forward to Saturday..Rain or shine.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3675963)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to enjoy watching some of the outings into the cereal crops particularly by the FFord guys, I remember one memorable occasion when Robin Parsons some years ago was dicing for the lead with 2 other guys when all 3 disappeared stage right into the crops and the only thing you could see was their helmets, next minute Parsons throws his steering wheel at his competitor across the field! It certainly had the spectators at Bobby's amused. Sadly, whilst the solar panels are no doubt beneficial from a commercial point of view thereby ensuring the circuit's ongoing survival, midsummer there used to be nesting skylarks which would take off sporadically in a magnificent display, good viewing between races!
Unfortunately I can't make this weekend but I hope to make the club finals the following week. It used to be much better when there was the double header weekend with the historics, etc on Saturday and the club race finals on the Sunday, it made a good weekend for a long distance traveller like me staying over on the Saturday.

Last edited by justracing; 29 Sep 2016 at 17:03.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3675981)   #23
brands
Veteran

I'll agree to disagree

Entry list, on the CCRC site : http://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/assets...ES-WEBSITE.pdf
Old 29 Sep 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3675992)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

Haha that's me always controversial. Don't worry about the skylarks, the nature is just as booming there. I'm at the kart track all hours, and it's as lovely as it ever was.

Old 30 Sep 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3676110)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Max, am I right in thinking there is a foot path from circuit that goes to the village. Need food and beer tonight.