Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 3 Dec 2003, 00:10 (Ref:801976)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10 years ago today, John Bingham died of complications from AIDS

I saw on the front page of the site that today is exactly 10 years ago that John Bingham died of complications from AIDS. I had the pleasure of not only meeting John Bingham but getting a ride around Sears Point with him in a BMW back in the late 80's. At that time it was my first time around a racing track and I will always remember that ride. When you are 14 or 15 and get a pro to take you around a 'death' lap around a track like Sears Point in a street BMW, you remember it for ever, even if you raced Formula cars around that track...

John Bingham was an instructor at Skip Barber racing and a racer as well. I remeber years latter, maybe a year or so before he died that he was able to gather some money together to do 1 Barber Pro-Series race and promptly won it. He used the price money to do another, and I think he won that as one too. John was a good driver, one that never got a shot to show his stuff and a heck of a nice guy that is missed by anyone who knew him or met him.

Rest in peace dude.