Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Jul 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4119304)   #6101
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
EB and Grif, many thanks for your kind remarks, it iis always nice to get some feed back, now and again = makes it all worthwhile. So just for you two I dedicate this selection to you. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
See Red 07 066.JPG   See Red 07 071.JPG   See Red 07 077.JPG  

See Red 07 078.JPG   See Red 07 082.JPG   See Red 07 085.JPG  

Old 12 Jul 2022, 19:40 (Ref:4119306)   #6102
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And these;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red 07 217.JPG   See Red 07 225.JPG   See Red 07 237.JPG  

See Red 07 250.JPG   See Red 07 256.JPG   See Red 07 232.JPG  

Old 12 Jul 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4119307)   #6103
bauble
Veteran

England
Also;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red 07 110.JPG   See Red 07 124.JPG   See Red 07 127.JPG  

See Red 07 135.JPG   See Red 07 141.JPG   See Red 07 184.JPG  

Old 12 Jul 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4119308)   #6104
bauble
Veteran

England
And a bonus selection;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red 07 167.JPG   See Red 07 183.JPG   See Red 07 086.JPG  

See Red 07 185.JPG   See Red 07 260.JPG   See Red 07 198.JPG  

Old 13 Jul 2022, 07:30 (Ref:4119347)   #6105
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lovely set of photos Bauble, looking at the jpegs they are from the 2007 See Red meeting at Donington, which was the second and last time I visited the circuit. (With family in not too distant Grantham I am not infrequently in the area but something else, e.g. hunting easter eggs seems to take priority). I spectated and took pictures from the outside of the circuit at the Old Hairpin and on the inside just a bit further along. With my ancient Zenith and 200mm lens the result was tiny cars in the middle of the photo, so presumably the top part of the circuit was better for photography. What is it like since the circuit changes ? (If I ever get to Donington again !).
Old 13 Jul 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4119352)   #6106
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
A lovely set of photos Bauble, looking at the jpegs they are from the 2007 See Red meeting at Donington, which was the second and last time I visited the circuit. (With family in not too distant Grantham I am not infrequently in the area but something else, e.g. hunting easter eggs seems to take priority). I spectated and took pictures from the outside of the circuit at the Old Hairpin and on the inside just a bit further along. With my ancient Zenith and 200mm lens the result was tiny cars in the middle of the photo, so presumably the top part of the circuit was better for photography. What is it like since the circuit changes ? (If I ever get to Donington again !).
Thanks for your remarks GC, I'm not sure the track has changed dramtically since 2007, but these pictures are frrom MGCC 2nd July 'Summer'Meetimg.

Picked mostly to show the circit rather than my spectacular photography.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4883.JPG   IMG_4903.JPG   IMG_4948.JPG  

IMG_5048.JPG   IMG_5082.JPG   IMG_5090.JPG  

Old 13 Jul 2022, 08:50 (Ref:4119358)   #6107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looking good. The circuit has changed a little since 2007. Do like looking a pictures of those type of meetings. Definitely Donington is one of the best circuits for spectators in this country, as well as being fun and exciting for the drivers
Old 13 Jul 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4119376)   #6108
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I recall running my Metro at Donington in 1992. I spun exiting Coppice then a lap later went through the chicane on two wheels. The CoC of the day was somewhat annoyed.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4119378)   #6109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
With my ancient Zenith and 200mm lens
Hehehehe I had a Zenit (E?) camera as well.... my first ever 35mm SLR. That would have been early 70's from memory. I do remember that the bonus was it had a Pentax thread so I could 'borrow' Dad's zoom lenses from his Pentax set up. It was a great (cheap) camera at the time (certainly cost less than 50 quid).... I remember going to Brands and used to gravitate to the (at the time anyway) Kodak area over the bridge on the inside of Druids. Free to those who used Kodak film. I didnt (Being tight I used to use Agfa because they were 27 exposure films and only got charged as 24's for d&p!) So i used to pick empty Kodak film boxes out of the bins, put my Agfa film canisters in the Kodak boxes and was able to show 'Kodak' films in my camera bag and get access no problems.

I think ultimately the Zenit shutter curtain inside started sticking. Cost of the repair was going to be more than the cost of the camera. By then I had an income and swapped it out for an A-1 Canon.

Happy days .
Old 13 Jul 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4119379)   #6110
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I recall running my Metro at Donington in 1992. I spun exiting Coppice then a lap later went through the chicane on two wheels. The CoC of the day was somewhat annoyed.

Sounds like you were a right hooligan back in the day Peter.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4119390)   #6111
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's an MG meeting and not a single picture of MGs!!!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jul 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4119397)   #6112
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehehe I had a Zenit (E?) camera as well.... my first ever 35mm SLR. That would have been early 70's from memory. I do remember that the bonus was it had a Pentax thread so I could 'borrow' Dad's zoom lenses from his Pentax set up. It was a great (cheap) camera at the time (certainly cost less than 50 quid).... I remember going to Brands and used to gravitate to the (at the time anyway) Kodak area over the bridge on the inside of Druids. Free to those who used Kodak film. I didnt (Being tight I used to use Agfa because they were 27 exposure films and only got charged as 24's for d&p!) So i used to pick empty Kodak film boxes out of the bins, put my Agfa film canisters in the Kodak boxes and was able to show 'Kodak' films in my camera bag and get access no problems.

I think ultimately the Zenit shutter curtain inside started sticking. Cost of the repair was going to be more than the cost of the camera. By then I had an income and swapped it out for an A-1 Canon.

Happy days .
My Zenit was a twenty-first birthday present and it lasted me for over thirty years when my wife bought me a Canon DSLR for Christmas 2013. I think mine was a bog standard model as my professional photographer brother advised me to part ex it for the next model up (possibly the E ?). I had to buy a an adaptor to mount the telephoto lens and seem to recall that mine cost the the princely sum of £32 in 1981. I always used Kodak as Fuji would tear if used, and apart from some problems with light getting in where it shouldn't, my Zenith gave good service but in the end my wifes embarrassment at sitting next to me while I carefully made sure the light trap cotton was in place when I loaded a film and the insulation tape supporting the telephoto lens became too much and so that Christmas I became the proud owner of Canon EOS.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4119401)   #6113
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a Zenit at about the same time. Moved on to a Pentax (interchangeable lenses) then took the plunge and bought a Canon AE1 in 1982, which later became two. I've still got them. I used to roll my own film (ISO 120 IIRC) but needed supa snaps to develop and print.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4119427)   #6114
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
When I went to work in London in the late 70s ( for the then PO telecomms) my then boss ran the HQ camera club, and encouraged me to get involved, and I bought a Canon AV1, and got introduced to the delights of loading my own film from bulk stock (B&W) and doing my own developing - the dark room was in the basement of the building I worked in, and since I was single and stuck in London Mon-Fri I had plenty of time to play at it - got to quite enjoy it, and subsequently bought an AE-1, and a range of lenses.....

I've still got them, but haven't touched them for years, as digi made for an easier life - never graduated to a DSLR, though......
Old 13 Jul 2022, 17:55 (Ref:4119428)   #6115
bauble
Veteran

England
I have always used Canon, as they seem as good as anyone, I had two film cameras, with zoom lens, before getting a 350D, with a Sigma 250mm lens. I used that for years, and probably is responsible for the greatset number of the pictures on this site, I then bought a second hand 500D, and now have a used 7D. I currrently have a 70-300mm zoom, and have just added a 70-300mm USM lens with image stabalisation. A riiculous luxury for the use I have, but I need to keep up with Percy who has much beeter kit than I do (The blighter is also a much better phootographer than I am)

Funnily enough I never owned a Zenith - how sad.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Sat 030.jpg   IMG_0939.JPG   IMG_0946.JPG  

IMG_0948.JPG   IMG_0951.JPG   IMG_0989.jpg  

Old 13 Jul 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4119429)   #6116
bauble
Veteran

England
A freind once told me it was not what was between your hands, but what was between your ears that made a good photorapher. Can't say what that says about me.

Competition time; Spot the Jaguar.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0796.JPG   IMG_0842.JPG   IMG_0846.JPG  

IMG_0858.JPG   IMG_0865.JPG   IMG_0860.JPG  

Old 13 Jul 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4119430)   #6117
bauble
Veteran

England
Good luck;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red 07 186.JPG   IMG_0982.JPG   See Red 07 191.JPG  

See Red 07 192.JPG   See Red 07 197.JPG   See Red 07 187.JPG  

Old 13 Jul 2022, 19:28 (Ref:4119438)   #6118
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That's an MG meeting and not a single picture of MGs!!!

Isn't ther third car exiting the chicane in the last picture an MG Metro Turbo?
Old 13 Jul 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4119443)   #6119
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Isn't ther third car exiting the chicane in the last picture an MG Metro Turbo?
Now I enlarge it at home you're right. And that's a naturally aspirated MG Metro in front of it.

Old 14 Jul 2022, 07:53 (Ref:4119482)   #6120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Which layout were you using? The long or short one?
Old 14 Jul 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4119510)   #6121
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote "Bauble"

"Competition time; Spot the Jaguar."

Please sir, I spotted it sir!

Liked the Alfa pics more, though
Old 14 Jul 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4119515)   #6122
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Quote "Bauble"

"Competition time; Spot the Jaguar."

Please sir, I spotted it sir!

Liked the Alfa pics more, though
Which one was the Alfa?
Old 14 Jul 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4119539)   #6123
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

A few more pics from the Thruxton Historic meeting starting with the Midget/Sprite races.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7166 (2).JPG   IMG_7468 (2).JPG   IMG_7536 (2).JPG  

IMG_7164 (2).JPG   IMG_7477 (2).JPG   IMG_7534 (2).JPG  

Old 14 Jul 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4119542)   #6124
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Next up the HRDC Allstars race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7589.JPG   IMG_7554 (2).JPG   IMG_7558 (2).JPG  

IMG_7560 (2).JPG   IMG_7575 (2).JPG   IMG_7587 (2).JPG  

Old 14 Jul 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4119544)   #6125
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
THRUXTON HISTORIC

Last edited by GCCheddaris; 14 Jul 2022 at 20:13.