Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2003, 22:40 (Ref:657439)   #1
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Any one going to Goodwood FOS?

If any of you are off to Goodwood this weekend, please come and have a word on stand 140 - you will be very welcome (and offered a cold drink) . There you will find Automobile Historique, a magazine aimed at guys who love the history of the sport. The current issue features a report on the LM Legend race, written by yours truly. Hopefully, the next issue will include a long interview with Willie Green.
It is in French, but available with an English translation. Other goodies on view on the stand.
Hope to see lots of you there!!!!!

Last edited by Kpy; 9 Jul 2003 at 22:41.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 23:03 (Ref:657446)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody hell, so many people to remember to visit!

I mean, there seem to be countless marshals from 10/10 marshalling there
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:08 (Ref:657610)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame, I really will get there one year.....
Old 10 Jul 2003, 08:19 (Ref:657641)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Crikey, Ayse, it's almost on your doorstep,well 55 miles, and there are marshalls on 10/10ths offering to give their spare tickets away .................
Old 10 Jul 2003, 11:55 (Ref:657805)   #5
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I popped in to see you at Le Mans but you were out - I bought a copy of the magazine (with a porsche feature) very good it is too. I'll see if I can find you this time.

Wish I'd known about the free tickets - I just bought mine. Ah well.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 14:49 (Ref:657949)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Crikey, Ayse, it's almost on your doorstep,well 55 miles, and there are marshalls on 10/10ths offering to give their spare tickets away .................
You aren't very far away Ayse, Kpy is right.

You could get in within an hour of leaving your house.

You won't regret it, and while it's my biggest event of the year, Le Mans is yours, you won't rate it as highly perhaps as i do, but you'll certainly want to come back the next year anyhow!
I still haven't been to the Revival meeting, i really wanna do that.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:24 (Ref:658728)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've no doubt you're absolutely right pirenzo and I really must get there one year. But I do have to tread slightly carefully after a trip to Le Mans.....

Besides, I want to do the circuit races this year - I take it there still on for some time in September?
Old 11 Jul 2003, 12:55 (Ref:658761)   #8
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Revival meeting's September 5-7th. I've been once and really enjoyed it but I think I like the FOS better. Partly because of the wider range of cars but also because I wasn't smartly dressed enough for the paddock which was rather disappointing. I didn't think I looked too bad really. Ah well.

Last edited by stefan; 11 Jul 2003 at 13:00.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 13:00 (Ref:658768)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's the one.

Do you know the dates?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Jul 2003 at 13:00.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 13:02 (Ref:658770)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hang on - you must have amended your post as I was doing mine? Just to make me look silly......easily done
Old 11 Jul 2003, 13:05 (Ref:658771)   #11
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
I slightly misunderstood your original one - so I changed it to make me look less silly. Two silly people confusing each other by writing replies in reverse.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 21:24 (Ref:659211)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
If you enjoy seeing cars of all types, from all eras, like Can-Am 917's, GT40's, Lotus 72's, Hurst Hemi Specials (), Group B rally cars, and 24 litre Napier Railtons, then the FOS is for you.
If you wanna see single seaters and sprotscars and bikes all pre 1966 then the Revival meeting is for you.

I was at the FOS today, and it was fantastic, though i completely forgot to visit anyone from here, i spent most of the day up the top of the hill anyway. As it happens, i couldn't remember to do anything. Not even my camera. Spose that's what you get for getting up at 4am, having gone to bed at 2am Kinda worried that i'll forget where i am and wander onto the track if i got to LM....
Old 12 Jul 2003, 16:39 (Ref:659616)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The FOS is live on Motors TV this weekend. Just been watching Can-AM and 1970 Sports Cars, along with the M3 GTR and Pikes Peak Toyota.
Old 12 Jul 2003, 18:38 (Ref:659657)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That Pikes Peak Toyota Tacoma pick up truck is very very very fast. On that narrow hill it send a shiver down your spine, i mean that thing was really going for it. It went up the hill in 45.1 seconds
It just comes hurtling towards you, and the sudden feeling of insecurity was frightening. He was just going too fast for my liking.