Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Jan 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2109859)   #51
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its on now and its bloody great, lot more on the Healeys as well and the in cars shots sound beautiful just what I need to give me the enthusiasm to screw that old V8 engine back together, great stuff. Only problem the VAT aint getting done!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2109868)   #52
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Al - shall watch it tonight - luckily I can receive Dave in Spain. Even the BBC i player and ITV internet programs cannot be utilised on a non UK ISP even if not live - where is the sense in that - anyone who has managed to obtain these services outside the UK please, please..... PM!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2109880)   #53
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the programme is a great idea and I love watching it but they really need to keep on top of the editing. In todays episode there were a number of times that we were watching inboard shots of the Healey & Aston yet the sound was from the 'Vette. At one point the car changed gear without the driver moving the lever Also, when the Aston had a problem in the 'race', why were there Group C cars milling around in the pitlane too (yet not in any other pit lane footage) bit of poetic licence with the camera??

Agree with previous comments regarding the music, even the missus commented on it getting in the way of the car noises but she was even less enthusiastic when she couldn't make out what the drivers were saying because of it.

Nevermind, all the pros overweigh the cons, I'm ready for next week already
Old 20 Jan 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2109912)   #54
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In todays episode there were a number of times that we were watching inboard shots of the Healey & Aston yet the sound was from the 'Vette.
Maybe they had gone down on a couple of pots Moose! I must admit now you mention it I used to have big healys in my yoof and one on straight through exhausts and the sound was not that familiar.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2109942)   #55
Moosehead
Veteran

Aw, C'mon Al, I'm a Ford man but even I can tell the difference between a Big Block Chevy and a Healey six
Old 20 Jan 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2109944)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah but a Chevy always sounds like a 6 cylinder with a couple of plugs out!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2109963)   #57
Moosehead
Veteran

Well, yours might Can't say I've ever noticed

Watch it again tonight, 7pm & 8pm & look for the motionless gear change (that may be in the Aston)
Old 20 Jan 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2110022)   #58
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Yeah but a Chevy always sounds like a 6 cylinder with a couple of plugs out!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its tyring if I endlessly have to explain the difference between music and banging. but I am sorry my grand grand dad was a Russian composer and I love Healeys
Old 20 Jan 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2110059)   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just saw 20 minutes or so betwixt getting home and putting Arthur to bed,

He loved it, 'cool racing cars' he's rather taken with the Aston DP214 !

I thought it was an excellent programme this evening, far better than the Porto meeting, for obvious reasons I think. there was more of everything we like with the exception of music, if you can call it that, the 4,6, & 8 cylinder sound track suffices well, and I say that as a musician.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2110066)   #60
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It should have been titled "The Roger Wills Show" Nice Corvette
I thought it was excellent and the music wasn't playing all the time. What circuit were they using? It looked like the International but the times seemed too slow.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2110081)   #61
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was the GP circuit. I haven't seen it yet but had a lot of calls tonight - apparently I'm on there a bit. Driving the car I own but don't love......
Old 20 Jan 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2110112)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was from the GP circuit,nice to of had the crew in the Aston Paddock,it was a shame about the sound track though,V8 in the 214 changing gear mid corner!!.Is it true that the 214 was one of the first continuation cars ?
Old 20 Jan 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2110144)   #63
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
It was the GP circuit. I haven't seen it yet but had a lot of calls tonight - apparently I'm on there a bit. Driving the car I own but don't love......
I think it should have been called 'Roger Wills does Silverstone' My friends watching it with me said you seemed quite a nice chap - I said you don't know him!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2110193)   #64
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
My friends watching it with me said you seemed quite a nice chap
Yes not like a yuppie at all!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2110197)   #65
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No Al. Just bragging about having friends!
Old 21 Jan 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2110241)   #66
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My Dad and I were wondering while watching it tonight, what do all these guys do for a living?
Old 21 Jan 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2110331)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing--They are all CoCs.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2110333)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Thier not allowed in Russia Al.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2110346)   #69
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
My Dad and I were wondering while watching it tonight, what do all these guys do for a living?
Watch the first episode [Porto], it said on that one, can't remember now....
Old 21 Jan 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2110406)   #70
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't suppose anyone recorded this, did they?

Would dearly love to have watched it, but only read this thread as the programme was finishing (on Dave+1)....!

Regards,

James
Old 21 Jan 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2110410)   #71
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
must have clashed with Dancing on Ice ;o)
Old 21 Jan 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2110480)   #72
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed 'GT Racer' last night - but what I thought was most amusing was the target demographics of the audience, as far as the advertisers were concerned ... did anyone spot the adverts for a teenage girls magazine (for them not "about them"!) repeated in every commercial break? Who do we think the advertisers thought would attract such an audience ... Anyone on here???
Old 21 Jan 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2110481)   #73
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Nothing--They are all CoCs.
I see your sense of humour hasn't improved for 2008 .
Old 21 Jan 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2110482)   #74
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Is it true that the 214 was one of the first continuation cars ?
Definitely not a continuation. Probably a replica. See here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....21&postcount=2

I didn't see the programme. Who was driving the Aston? That will probably tell me whether it was the surviving original (of two built) or one of the replicas.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2110516)   #75
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Dunno but you can tell they are all chequebook racers