Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2990834)   #51
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine also in the post, and this year they even sent me a letter pointing out my last year's medical is still valid, so saved a few bob there. First time I've even thought about applying for it before January hence the medical overlap.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2990838)   #52
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting point about the medical Colin, my last medical was in March this yr, so if I apply for my 2012 licence before march can I use the same medical & does it matter for the rest of the yr when in theory I have no valid medical?
Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2990849)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105 Mad View Post
Interesting point about the medical Colin, my last medical was in March this yr, so if I apply for my 2012 licence before march can I use the same medical & does it matter for the rest of the yr when in theory I have no valid medical?
Correct, send the form off and leave the doctor's bit blank. See this thread.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2990960)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Tweeks catalogue just arrived,in fact two of them ,"whats happened to your hair Jason"
Old 24 Nov 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2990997)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the same letter Colin,but didn't believe I didn't need another medical! Had that done today,license sent off as well. Pleased with my blood Pressure,actually still got some!
Old 25 Nov 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2991073)   #56
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Disappearing soon for a while to use my winter allowance to heat the swimming pool !
I've Just stuck this on my YouTube site that I filmed back in August at a festival just down the road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRMm5KKiS24
The lead guitarist plays my guitar a "little" better than me I think !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Nov 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2991131)   #57
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Down in Daytona they would call you a Snowbird Gordon, old people that live in the Northern States and Canada spending the winter in Florida. They were just beginning to come into town as we left.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2991161)   #58
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Down in Daytona they would call you a Snowbird Gordon, old people that live in the Northern States and Canada spending the winter in Florida. They were just beginning to come into town as we left.
Which begs the question Al - were you starting to feel more at home when they arrived?

(Sorry, sorry but someone was bound to say it!)
Old 25 Nov 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2991184)   #59
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I had the same letter Colin,but didn't believe I didn't need another medical! Had that done today,license sent off as well. Pleased with my blood Pressure,actually still got some!

E-Mail this morning telling me that I should have my license in a few day's!!!!!!!!
Old 25 Nov 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2991204)   #60
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand from my friend in England that the winter allowance has gone down this year..........it's the only thing in his household that has.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2991503)   #61
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, winter heating allowance down from £250 to £200. Also, if you had it last year you will automatically get it this year, but if this is the first winter that you qualify, you have to apply for it, apparently.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2991507)   #62
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yep, winter heating allowance down from £250 to £200. Also, if you had it last year you will automatically get it this year, but if this is the first winter that you qualify, you have to apply for it, apparently.
What's the minimum age you can apply for it?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2991508)   #63
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although i dont yet qualify for WHA,i've probably saved £100 on heating oil because of this fantastic mild november weather.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2991512)   #64
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tim, you have to be 60.

Robyn, just as well really isn't it given the price of domestic heating oil. I don't have a choice either, since we can't get gas in our village!
Old 26 Nov 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2991526)   #65
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
I always feel i've got a bit of independance having oil heating and a log fire.

Plus i flat refuse to deal with "British Gas",the money grabbing ba$$tards.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2991534)   #66
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105 Mad View Post
I'm thinking of sending mine off without a new medical.BUT reading the small print it says the application has to be made within 3 months of the medical(my last one was dated 4-1-11).I had the letter stating current medical is still valid.
Will i get a new licence without a new medical?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2991536)   #67
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!

Having only just retired and never having to take an interest such things (I'm probably in 'denial' about getting old(er) ), I knew nothing about this WHA milarky.
Thanks guys. Just filled in the form, although I don't see why I need to send a copy of my Birth Certificate as surely the DWP already know how old I am ?
I shall put some of the money towards the cost of the 10/10ths Festive Fry Up at the Ace Cafe.
Are there any other 'old peoples hand outs' that I'm missing out on?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2991564)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I'm thinking of sending mine off without a new medical.BUT reading the small print it says the application has to be made within 3 months of the medical(my last one was dated 4-1-11).I had the letter stating current medical is still valid.

From previous experience and as long as they are consistent- Yes. (But obviously need to be applying now.....)

Mr Smith, welcome to the WHA club! Trust you have Bus Pass and Senior Railcard as well?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2991565)   #69
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mr Smith, welcome to the WHA club! Trust you have Bus Pass and Senior Railcard as well?
I'm planning on getting my car back next month (it's been 'confiscated' by 'higher suthority' who didn't think I was well enough to drive!) so hopefully I won't need them.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2991570)   #70
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Yes.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2991578)   #71
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post

Are there any other 'old peoples hand outs' that I'm missing out on?
Free bus pass?
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2991580)   #72
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I'm planning on getting my car back next month (it's been 'confiscated' by 'higher suthority' who didn't think I was well enough to drive!) so hopefully I won't need them.
Even if you still drive they are useful for 'Park and Ride' schemes.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2991582)   #73
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought this may be of interest. In car from Ferrari 430GT2 at Zhuhai a couple of weeks ago. Check out the Audi spin right in front of me at about 1m30sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuFcM7zp5A

Also shows how much of a sprint race these modern endurance events are. 6 Hours like that.

Looking forward to more historics in 2012!
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2991587)   #74
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Correct, send the form off and leave the doctor's bit blank. See this thread.
yes, I just did this as well and already on its way back to me.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2991589)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess what,just had two more "tweeks" catalogs in the post today.
Closed Thread