Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 2009, 07:24 (Ref:2570564)   #251
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the likelihood of either Vaulkhard or Chilton becoming champion depends a little bit on machinery.

Matt Neal is a case in point - he had family backing to fund strong challenges on the title and with a car as capable as the Integra underneath him, he became champion. I can see a situation where Chilton could replicate this feat - either if the Focus can improve as much this season as it did last, or if the first Arena/AON (or other team he's driving for) NGTC car is quick out the box.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2570969)   #252
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What with a handy showing at the ETC at the hands of Thommo and Engstrom, do you see anybody trying to run Honda Accords? Or are all the chassis accounted for in the DTC/STC? It certainly had a substantial straightline speed advantage, I imagine it would be pretty hard to beat around somewhere like Thruxton or Snett
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2571107)   #253
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the Accords old-shape or current-shape?

SAABs, Audis, Mercedes... all those STCC efforts in tremendous saloons... the potential for touring car racing is so fantastic.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2571108)   #254
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Airwaves (...) have been blown away this year ...
Old 28 Oct 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2571213)   #255
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they stay on I hope they can Kick Up a Gear and go for the title...
Old 28 Oct 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2571264)   #256
BMW Bandit
Rookie

BMW Bandit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is 'Hazza' family funded then? I always thought he was sponsored by the Hub, i.e. THE HAYMARKET HUB. who own and operate the Tyne and Wear rapid transport system (The Metro).

Or does Daddy or Mummy own that?
Old 28 Oct 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2571522)   #257
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Old 28 Oct 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2571596)   #258
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Bandit View Post
Is 'Hazza' family funded then? I always thought he was sponsored by the Hub, i.e. THE HAYMARKET HUB. who own and operate the Tyne and Wear rapid transport system (The Metro).

Or does Daddy or Mummy own that?
Here's your answer: http://www.nebusiness.co.uk/business...40-23962883/2/
Old 29 Oct 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2571762)   #259
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today's Autosport says Andy Neate has been testing for WSR this week. He says he is close to securing funding to drive a 3rd car next year
Old 29 Oct 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2571842)   #260
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Today's Autosport says Andy Neate has been testing for WSR this week. He says he is close to securing funding to drive a 3rd car next year

Interesting if he has hovered on the radar for WSR for a while, his accident delayed this moving foward.

I think he was a sponsor on the car for the last two years Ceversion (apologies on spelling or if I am wrong).

He will need a lot of testing to get up to speed as he's been out of racing for a while I understand.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2571860)   #261
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought he had retired from racing as the injuries he sustained in the Britcar event could paralyse him if it was aggravated again??
Old 29 Oct 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2572054)   #262
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Interesting if he has hovered on the radar for WSR for a while, his accident delayed this moving foward.

I think he was a sponsor on the car for the last two years Ceversion (apologies on spelling or if I am wrong).

He will need a lot of testing to get up to speed as he's been out of racing for a while I understand.
Yes, he's Chief Technical Officer for Ceravision. He was due to be appear with the team in 2008, but there was a hitch and Jelley got the drive instead. Seen him a few times this year, he still looks like he hasn't got full movement of his neck back as he seemed to turn his whole upper body when he needed to turn his head. I wish him all the best though in his quest to get back into racing.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2572178)   #263
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
What of Anthony Reid for next season? I thought he put in quite a respectable performance considering he hasn't driven a touring car in a long time and certainly hasn't driven a rear-wheel drive one before.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2572182)   #264
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What of Anthony Reid for next season? I thought he put in quite a respectable performance considering he hasn't driven a touring car in a long time and certainly hasn't driven a rear-wheel drive one before.
I saw no "respectable" performance, if anything it has closed the book on a come back to the BTCC.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2572193)   #265
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Triple Eight Jaguar GT4
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4167

Looking more and more there will be no 888 in BTCC next season.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2572239)   #266
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not good.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2572408)   #267
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gio talking to Team AON in the BTCC as well as Lada and Chevy in WTCC according to touringcartimes
Old 30 Oct 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2572414)   #268
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I thought he had retired from racing as the injuries he sustained in the Britcar event could paralyse him if it was aggravated again??
I had thought the same, so I'm surprised to hear this story. I was marshalling at Silverstone on the day of his accident and it was a horrific crash which caused an hour-long Safety Car period. But if Andy feels that he's willing and able to race again, then I wish him all the very best.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2572439)   #269
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could gio talking with Aon hint at possible ford backing next year? seeing as he's also talking with manufacturer teams Chevy and Lada in WTCC?
Old 30 Oct 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2572452)   #270
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan290888 View Post
could gio talking with Aon hint at possible ford backing next year? seeing as he's also talking with manufacturer teams Chevy and Lada in WTCC?
Possibly, although I suspect it's more a case of Gio speaking to teams (Manufacturer or Independant) who are willing to pay him to drive. Similar to the Thompson/TD situation last season.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think Gio talking to team means manufacturer involvement.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2572488)   #271
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very true... but would AON want a new "No1" driver considering as far as im aware the team is built around Chilton?
Old 30 Oct 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2572668)   #272
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I saw no "respectable" performance, if anything it has closed the book on a come back to the BTCC.
Last race at Brands? With due respect to Andy, I'd take Reid as a 3rd driver over him who I'm still unsure as to whether he's 100% after his accident.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2572672)   #273
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Last race at Brands? With due respect to Andy, I'd take Reid as a 3rd driver over him who I'm still unsure as to whether he's 100% after his accident.
In all seriousness, how good was Reid's drive in R3?

I understand it looks good on paper rising so far up the field, but the field was kept bunched up by Neal making the job easier.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2572723)   #274
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
It's down to funding though. Andy has funding, Anthony does not.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2572922)   #275
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's down to funding though. Andy has funding, Anthony does not.
To be honest, I don't believe that. Reid is a very well known driver with bags of experience and the typical touring car-driver image, controversial and not afraid to rub to get past.

As I've said, with due respect to Andy I don't know if he fits the bill in my opinion.