Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Nov 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1459178)   #1
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Racing - do they have any idea?!

IMHO I must say I am very concerned about the daftness of many of Ford Racing's decisions.

Things that would made sense in my opinion, yet don't get done:
- Pull the plug on FPR, give ALL that money to SBR, and brand SBR as the FPV Racing Team or some such. Hard working SBR deserve to be the first 100 employee V8 super team, as V8s head into an era of WRC/Indycar sized racing teams.
- Britek waste of time and space, they just aren't needed on the grid although they are a nice team, what a silly deal just to sign Bright.
- Tell DJR to actually say "losing is not an option" and actually pull out all stops until they win on a regular basis, if they keep doing what they are doing they are not going to start winning unfortunately. :|
- Seton is as fast Whincup for sure, guaranteed for seat #88. Why the hell sign Whincup over Ford favorite Seton? If not Seton, why not signing up a hard-charging Ford team leader like Steven Johnson or especially Jason Bargwanna to spice up the battle for the lead - they are both much much faster than Whincup guaranteed IMHO.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1459201)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly this is not a new topic... I think there are so many strategically marginal decisions from the Blue Oval since the '70's, we are limiting ourselves just looking at the most recent of times.

The clever response, as I have been saying for a number of years now, is what they are already investing in... the engine powerhouse at SBR, as SBRE.

The logic behind this is simple... Ford pays an external contractor (in this case SBRE) to build engines for multiple teams. SBRE put the resources behind serious development and preparation... and these engines are the class of the field. This should be applauded.

In some ways Ford havent taken the execution far enough. The engines from the factory SBRE equipe should be the main thing dealt at contract time with other teams.

SBR, 888, BJR and LMS have access to SBR power.... all Ford assisted teams... 3 of the 4 with works spec engine supply.

Where the smarts would come into this... would be for SBRE to supply the entire Ford field... in the main series anyway... where those teams enjoy the support from Ford Racing... anyone else can make their own arrangements and suffer the budget impost of catching the SBRE development cycle.

Why cant we see DJR or FPR running SBRE engines? All the lovely Ford money could be spent on engine development instead of coffee machines
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:06 (Ref:1459204)   #3
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Ford Racing - do they have any idea?!"

No.

The mood at B'meadows is that FPR will probably be in it's last season in 2006, then the Britek Team will rebadge as Ford Racing (take over FPR Facilities) and Duddrive will be left to punch out road cars.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1459211)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz
"Ford Racing - do they have any idea?!"

No.

The mood at B'meadows is that FPR will probably be in it's last season in 2006, then the Britek Team will rebadge as Ford Racing (take over FPR Facilities) and Duddrive will be left to punch out road cars.
Or indeed take over a Toyota Supercar racing contract

Anyone notice that Mr Winterbottom seems to have signed a deal with FPR/prodrive and not specifically the Ford factory?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Nov 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1459281)   #5
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard just before that his deal is actually just with Prodrive and not specificly FPR which could be interesting for Frosty.