Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 3 Oct 2018, 04:40 (Ref:3854220)   #176
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time, Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHill View Post
Re 23, there is a photo and article on the car in Robin Bouchers book, Drive it! Hillclimbing and sprinting,Haynes publishing 1977.
Chris Dowson (the potato farmer) died recently.
I met Doc Willoughby and Charles Adrian but they made no mention of Chris Tipping.
The MAE that i fitted came out of the Lola F2 SL60/2 that originally belonged to Midland Racing Partnership, the engine had been fitted at an earlier time in its life.
I was told that Arch motors built 58 frames and 2 were intended as spares and that Radio London owned 1 of them, how true all this is i do not know but i believe we should share all of our knowledge so that some one can sought out the wheat from the chaff other wise fiction can become fact.
Welcome Damon Graham Devereux...

Time moves slowly in your neck of the woods?

DOWSON Christopher John Of Bricklehampton Passed away peacefully on March 11th, 2015, aged 65 years. He will be sadly missed by all his Family and Friends. A Memorial Service will be held at Elmley Castle Church on Wednesday, April 1st, at 2 p.m. Family flowers only, donations, for The British Red Cross, may be sent to E Hill & Son, Funeral Directors, Pershore WR10 1HZ. [Published in the Evesham Journal on 19 Mar 2015]
Old 19 Jan 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3877098)   #177
cdeery
Rookie

cdeery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know current location and condition of Brabham BT-15 F3-3-66?
Old 30 Jan 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3880765)   #178
die_silberpfeile
Rookie

die_silberpfeile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello everyone ... I have a big question, can someone tell me what number is actually a bt 15, stamped by brabham, I have these options ....

1)

2)

3)

4)
Old 30 Jan 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3880769)   #179
die_silberpfeile
Rookie

die_silberpfeile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be nice if someone uploads a photograph of the original chassis numeration of a bt15
Old 14 Mar 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3890474)   #180
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just found some BT15 documentation.
Attached Thumbnails
BT 14 15 16.jpg   BT15 1.jpg   BT15 2.jpg  

BT15 3.jpg   BT15 4.jpg  
Old 5 Mar 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3961793)   #181
Paul Tickner
Rookie

Paul Tickner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Braham BT15/18-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
This car has turned up a last.

Currently in the USA. I found it advertised for sale by sheer luck on the,
"1000cc F3 Historic Racing Association" web site in the UK. Now fitted with a twin cam engine US$50,000, seller is Jay D Galpin.

Just phoned Mike Brett and told him I had found our old Brabham, he said he is not going to make a come back.
I never owned this car but I prepared it for Mike Hartley to race in F4 in 79 & 80.
We struggled for the first year with a lack of power but John Allan rebuilt the motor before the last race and Mike won at Silverstone with a lap record. Mike then came third in the championship in 80 to Ian Briggs and Brian Turner.
I raced it myself in 80 in a couple of end of season Monoposto races, then again for a full season when owned by Tim Williams in 83. I had my first race win in the first race of the season, much to the frustration of Ian Rowley who came second, and finished 3rd in the Championship behind Mike Whatley and Max Camps.
It was remarkably competitive for an 18 year old car! The rear suspension had been updated to 18 spec at some point and it was very chuckable.
It would be good to know it's in good hands.
Attached Thumbnails
File0004.jpg   83 Brabham combe grid.JPG   1983 Brabham combe 1st win.JPG  

1983 Snett behind Max Camps.jpg  
Old 15 Jan 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4029322)   #182
Dom8
Rookie

Dom8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeery View Post
Thi BT-15 was purchased by a friend in 1974 or 75 from Dwight Egolf who was in Reading Penna. It was a FF and he drove it in SCCA regionals at Summit Point, Pocono and Nelson Ledges. Sold it in 1976 or 77. I remember the "Man And Women" movie story and that this car was in it.
F3-3-66 is doing fine. The chassis and some of the body work is present. Two different gearboxes and a Cosworth engine, seemingly freshy rebuild. Turns over by hand. Valves look new.
There are pictures from the car in the movie. After moths of looking in boxes I found the data plate and two racing record books for the car.
It was purchased by Stephen Ferron who passed away. He was a close friend of mine. He intended to rebuild the car but got himself in too many activities as he was very active as technical director at historical races. His widow Melissa has no interest in the car and I have been helping her to find out more about it. On my first try on google I found your mention of F3-3-66
Please, anyone who has more info or has an interest please email me at dfcla8@aol.com
Old 7 Mar 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4039381)   #183
Kwgrandson
Rookie

Kwgrandson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

Looking for some help, I’m trying to locate my grandfather’s ( Keith wright) old brabhams from what I can glean from here he was the owner of either BT15 16-65 or 20-65 there seems to be conflicting reports? And from what he tells me he also had a BT28?

He’s getting on a bit now and I’d like to try and find out where his old cars are and possibly get some pictures or at some point post covid ( iif possible ) get him the opportunity to see one of them in the flesh.. I’m sure it would mean a great deal to him..

If anyone could help or shed any light on this it would be great to here from you he was a privateer racer who raced saloon cars and the f3 for a while I think late 50’s early 60’s

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 7 Mar 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4039384)   #184
phdm
Racer

Belgium
Liège
phdm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwgrandson View Post
Hi All,

Looking for some help, I’m trying to locate my grandfather’s ( Keith wright) old brabhams from what I can glean from here he was the owner of either BT15 16-65 or 20-65 there seems to be conflicting reports? And from what he tells me he also had a BT28?

He’s getting on a bit now and I’d like to try and find out where his old cars are and possibly get some pictures or at some point post covid ( iif possible ) get him the opportunity to see one of them in the flesh.. I’m sure it would mean a great deal to him..

If anyone could help or shed any light on this it would be great to here from you he was a privateer racer who raced saloon cars and the f3 for a while I think late 50’s early 60’s

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I guess the BT28 would have been the ex Tim Schenken second car, BT28-23. The car is now in Australia.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4039445)   #185
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

The BT15 was chassis F3-16-66, ex-Barry Maskell. The last I heard it was owned by Anna Dizane (Wantirna, Victoria).

The BT28, as Phillippe says, was BT28-23, and there may be Australian posters here who can tell you who owns it today.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 07:02 (Ref:4040477)   #186
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown View Post
Hello

The BT15 was chassis F3-16-66, ex-Barry Maskell. The last I heard it was owned by Anna Dizane (Wantirna, Victoria).

The BT28, as Phillippe says, was BT28-23, and there may be Australian posters here who can tell you who owns it today.
I believe it is now owned by Jeff Brown in Victoria Aus. (Was it the ex Schenken car?) I believe Jeff got the car from Robert Foster maybe a decade ago.

FWIW Jeff Brown was running at Phillip Island in the Historic meeting a week or so ago, entered in a BT28. Running with #69. You can see that from the entry list here. Presumably the same BT28 although I cant confirm 100% beyond AFAIK he did own BT28-23
https://vhrr.com/forms/2021-PI-Competitors.pdf

Hope this helps. The VHRR who ran the meeting are quite helpful and maybe an email to them might secure an email address or contact details for Jeff Brown. Or they might forward any enquiry on to him.