Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Jul 2000, 08:35 (Ref:20706)   #1
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What is young Mr Blair doing with himself these days ?
Old 3 Jul 2000, 08:13 (Ref:21066)   #2
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good question fatman - perhaps he's run off with Dave Pinkey?

I think he's still with Arena, they just make vague noises about developing a car for a manufacturer. Not sure if they actually are or if they just hinting they'd like to.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 12:20 (Ref:21102)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark is not racing this year, due to a combination of reasons.Mainly down to the lack of the right BTCC cars at the right time.

For 2000 he is pursuing his business interests outside of motorsport.

ADR Motorsport are running an extensive british rally programme this year in Peugeot 106 Cup, GpN and WRC cars.

As for the future, who knows ?
Old 3 Jul 2000, 12:40 (Ref:21107)   #4
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
call me nosey but what are 'his business interests outside motorsport'?
Old 3 Jul 2000, 19:57 (Ref:21200)   #5
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realised I still have Mark's E mail so I asked him what he is up to, he very kindly sent the following reply.

Quote:
No I'm not racing this year at all. We had every intention of competing in the BTCC again this year but had loads of problems trying to secure a car. It's amazing that the manufacturers were worried about poor grids but were still reluctant to offer deals to independent teams!

I don't have any plans for the future at the minute regarding motorsport. ADR Motorsport has successfully moved back into rallying (running several WRC, Grp A and Grp N cars in various championships) and I am now working for a living!!!

I will definitely be back in motorsport at some point in the future but will be competing for fun rather than a career. With that in mind I'm not sure whether I would go back to rallying (which is where I started) or circuit racing.

One thing is for sure, whatever I drive will have to be RWD/ 4WD and have far too much horsepower!!!!!!
He also sait that the team looked at the class B but decided it wasn't for them.

I don't know what it is that mark does for a living, but I think its a shame he isn't still racing. In my opinion he was a developing talent.

Old 3 Jul 2000, 20:16 (Ref:21210)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Rik!
Please thank Mark for letting us know, and wish him the best in the future.

Good point - what did happen to Pinkney ?
Old 4 Jul 2000, 02:31 (Ref:21316)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait, I thought the manufacturers were supposed to offer their '99 cars for cheap to the Indies to increase grid sizes in '00? Didn't Alan Gow make them promise that? OTOH, I guess the whole bet is off now that TOCA was taken over by BMP?

Yeah, OTOH, I guess the manufacturers want to recoup as much of their investment as possible? OTOH, if Mark Blair knew about Matt's many off track excursions and Colin Blair, he should have still raced? ;-)
Old 4 Jul 2000, 21:12 (Ref:21496)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Pinkney is repairing a burnt house, skiing, sailing, playing golf and looking after his businesses. He is considering BTCC next year if he gets sponsors or something else (please choose BTCC - you can beat Morrisson any day).

He is also celebrating his birthday tomorrow says Autosport.