Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jan 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2100694)   #51
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it'll be a largely modified car at Melbourne.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2100699)   #52
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F2008 makes the F2007 look good!
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2100708)   #53
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the high res versions. Its my new desktop wallpaper.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2100709)   #54
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Everything circled in green should be gotten rid of because they're hideous. The mirrors should be moved as well

Then it'll be an F1 car

But it'll still win
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2100711)   #55
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new range of 2008 cars will explain to you why F1 really need to stop teams from using aerodynamic add-on flips and sorts. The complex look is a result of the regulations.

The Ferrari looks nice not from a beauty point of view (at least, the looks have yet to grow on me), but it looks nice simply due to its pure functionality and purpose in its design details. But the same could probably be said of every other F1 car in modern time. Every year, the new Ferrari looks similar on first glance to the previous years, yet, look closer, and new evolved ideas in the details seem to appear upon every closer inspection.

Looks like one angry missile. Makes the F2007 look soft. And if it's quick and reliable, it'd be good.

Still, don't quite like the painted wheel hubs. I'd prefer the real rims, or keep the hubs black.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2100723)   #56
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Still, don't quite like the painted wheel hubs. I'd prefer the real rims, or keep the hubs black.
Couldn't agree more. It looks naff, just like NASCAR's painted-on headlights.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2100725)   #57
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think we'll be seeing these ungainly cockpit sides on almost all of the '08 cars. Technical regulations dictate a much more substantial cockpit side after Alex Wurz's crash in Australia last year.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2100727)   #58
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Jab, are you secretly Andy Gray?
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2100728)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why didn't you just circle the entire car?
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2100737)   #60
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A jambo jet will look very much sleeker if you remove it's wings.

A bowl will probably look better if it's flat.

Problem is, it won't be functional in it's given role.

If what you care for is all beauty with little consideration for its functional role, try the ladies in some backstreet pub, probably enjoy it more. F1 isn't for you.

And if this is vulgar, well, doctor's advice is to stay away from the remaining car launches. It may send you into a stroke.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2100743)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its hard to tell from these pictures but the wheelbase looks about the same to me, I thought they were going for a slightly shorter wheelbase?
Old 6 Jan 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2100751)   #62
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
If what you care for is all beauty with little consideration for its functional role, try the ladies in some backstreet pub, probably enjoy it more. F1 isn't for you.
Gordon Murray's cars were pretty quick, and they were almost always aesthetically pleasing. However, I appreciate this is a different era.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2100765)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The regulations shape the cars unfortunately. They are so aero reliant, I suppose it is inevitable we have these odd looking things.

An elegant car is rare. The 2005 McLaren and 2003 Williams and Ferrari were probably the only recent ones.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2100782)   #64
F1Flagger
Rookie

United States
NorthEast Pennsylvania
F1Flagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cockpit sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
The cockpit sides look higher and more prominant than before.
Yes they will all have higher cockpit sides due to the new regs.
I read Button's take on thme is that the shorter drivers might be affected by them. Reducing their line of sight.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2100785)   #65
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some more photos are online:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/gallery.php?catID=3224
Old 6 Jan 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2100841)   #66
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It is the oddest looking F1 car I have ever seen...
Old 6 Jan 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2100843)   #67
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
It is the oddest looking F1 car I have ever seen...
Really? Looks like the F2007 to me with a couple of tweaks.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2100846)   #68
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well it's extremely high tech looking, aero for days and not much else from what I can see.. Elegance appears to be a thing of the past..
Old 6 Jan 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2100871)   #69
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like it, i think it looks really mean, it looks great.

cant wait to see the mclaren.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2100913)   #70
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Side-on it looks a typically ugly F1 car, from above or the front that front wing makes me feel sick.

Not a good start to the launch season
Old 6 Jan 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2100951)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Still, I suppose it isn't just a slight evolution. It is an aggressively changed car from last season.

Here's hoping it....no, better not say that.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2100959)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran20

cant wait to see the mclaren.
You won't have to wait long.My guess is that it won't be red.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2100963)   #73
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AT what time is it ?
Old 7 Jan 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2100974)   #74
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
You beat me to it!

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 7 Jan 2008, 01:25 (Ref:2100978)   #75
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
well it will have day-glo orange/red , but i would say it won't be marrenelo red .