Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Mar 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2428693)   #26
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great guide.

We used an A4 sized version (couldn't arrange an A3 printer in time) of it at Turn 9 at Albert Park and it was certainly better than the "Official" version all marshal posts are given (a colour photo copy from the event programme).

Can I suggest you add a mention that the 1st team car has Hi Viz Red stickers on it's top camera mount and the 2nd team car has Hi Viz yellow as they are easier to pick in the real world than a helmet hidden inside the cockpit at 200km/h

Hint for others trying to pick the Toro Rosso's & Red Bulls apart head on (as in Blue Flag marshals, look for the yellow or gold coloured nose cone
Old 30 Mar 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2428806)   #27
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Can I suggest you add a mention that the 1st team car has Hi Viz Red stickers on it's top camera mount and the 2nd team car has Hi Viz yellow as they are easier to pick in the real world than a helmet hidden inside the cockpit at 200km/h
Sure, I did that for the 2008 guide, but no one could confirm 100% if this would be the case for 09, prior to the first race.

The Malaysian update will have the yellow and read markers, probably a keyline around the number box as per last year.

Small updates to some liveries, and if i get confirmation from my contact at Brawn that it isn't a one-off Button and Barrichello lids
Old 30 Mar 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2429073)   #28
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if Brawn arrive in Sepang with a slightly different livery to show off the Virgin colours... have your crayons at the ready Andy!
Old 30 Mar 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2429133)   #29
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Brawn arrive in Sepang with a slightly different livery to show off the Virgin colours... have your crayons at the ready Andy!

Yeah, I already have some information,,,but not sure if it will make Malaysia. As my guide will go-online before anything gets announced or seen...probably, it is likely to be OzGP spec
Old 30 Mar 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2429158)   #30
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Yeah, I already have some information...
Is there anything you can reveal at this stage?
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2431121)   #31
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

The Formula One Spotters Guide has been updated, ready for this weekend. I couldnt get confirmation on any livery changes to the Brawn or the helmets....although I believe those helmets were one offs.

You can download the guide at www.spotterguides.com
Old 2 Apr 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2431219)   #32
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

After playing I-spy... the Brawn has the Virgin sponsorship and yellow wheels, the Force India rear wing has been painted with more green, and the drivers numbers have been highlighted red or yellow as appropriate?

Good work Mr B.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2431274)   #33
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Don't forget to change the Mclaren livery to one with a great big target on, so the stewards have something to aim at.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2431541)   #34
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie View Post
After playing I-spy... the Brawn has the Virgin sponsorship and yellow wheels, the Force India rear wing has been painted with more green, and the drivers numbers have been highlighted red or yellow as appropriate?

Good work Mr B.
3 other changes to find
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2431561)   #35
Afrodud
Rookie

Australia
Afrodud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The word 'Toyota' on the toyota's rear wing, there's a new logo infront of the torro rosso's sidepods, there's a new logo also on the williams air box.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2431588)   #36
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jenson still has the highlighter pen yellow helmet on today. Looks like they will be for the whole season?

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge...atID=1102-3703
Old 2 Apr 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2431905)   #37
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Jenson still has the highlighter pen yellow helmet on today. Looks like they will be for the whole season?
I wouldn't think so. Expect a livery change in time for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2432201)   #38
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot Andy. The guide is great as ever
Old 17 Apr 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2442778)   #39
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
saw that. Dont know if thats a one-off or a permanent change. He's had a few one off's before. I'll see if I can dig around. If anyone sees/knows about this, let me know

ta
According to Lee McKenzie, apparently the Union Jack design will be back in time for Silvestone at the latest.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2442843)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
According to Lee McKenzie, apparently the Union Jack design will be back in time for Silvestone at the latest.
Putting on my pedantic hat, I guess you mean Union Flag?
Unless Silverstone will be that wet that they'll be sailing rather than driving.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2442882)   #41
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Putting on my pedantic hat, I guess you mean Union Flag?
Didn't realise there was a difference, please accept my apologies.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 18:35 (Ref:2446490)   #42
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wasn't quite sure where to post this, this thread seems as good as any. Brawn will indeed have a new livery at some point, as GPL are taking pre orders for a "late season livery '09" range of die-casts.

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/moto...a-one/brawn-gp
Old 21 Apr 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2446497)   #43
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Wasn't quite sure where to post this, this thread seems as good as any. Brawn will indeed have a new livery at some point, as GPL are taking pre orders for a "late season livery '09" range of die-casts.
I saw that too... I wonder if there will be a significant livery change, or will the difference only be in the sponsors logos?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2447591)   #44
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

Small update for this weekend just to accommodate the day-glow Brawn lids. Made a few small changes as well. Don't intend updating this anymore unless a significant livery change or driver change (calling Mr.Piquet)

download at www.spotterguides.com
Old 23 Apr 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2447858)   #45
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Small update for this weekend just to accommodate the day-glow Brawn lids. Made a few small changes as well.
Red Bull shark-fin, Brawn GP front wing end-plate...?

Top notch graphics again Andy.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2448120)   #46
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
few other things, but just really small stuff, more to bring Brawn up to date really
Old 23 Jul 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2506736)   #47
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

I have updated the F1 Spotters Guide. V4 includes updated liveries, some of the significant chassis changes and Jaime Alguersuari at STR.

You can download the guide here as PDF or JPEG:- http://www.spotterguides.com/content/view/21/44/
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2506836)   #48
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers Andy. Nice avatar
Old 24 Jul 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2506992)   #49
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
also available here on Ten-Tenths.com

jab- thanks, it free for people to use if they want it. Larger version on Midweek Motorsport Facebook Group
Old 29 Jul 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2511256)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Good work Andy.

Looking forward to the Schumacher one.