Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2001, 12:20 (Ref:60979)   #1
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here it is Ferrari fans:

Michael will have a go in it on the 1st of Feb. As with others, the nose is significantly lowered, the front wing looks wider and shorter to me. Other wise not much of a change in the livery (which is a good thing).

Lots of pics at F1-live and F1.online BTW.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 12:28 (Ref:60981)   #2
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jean Todt apparently claims its different in all areas. I was a bit scared at first with the new regulations. But it appears that Ferrari have been proactive in their approach. The lowered nose cone is something I didnt expect to see as long as Byrne was at the helm. I just hope that the Mclaren doesnt look all too different next week.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 12:55 (Ref:60989)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ran out of red paint at front wing ?
Old 29 Jan 2001, 13:39 (Ref:60996)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WHOOPEE......this car sure looks like a winner. I really dint expect the low nose cone and it sure looks sleek...but unfortunately, it means the new car doesnt look to unique from the rest of the grid... But, still, i love it....!!!

I think it would look better in Australia when the new barge boards, front wings and rear wings are fitted onto the car... but for now, i am ONE HAPPY MAN!

Old 29 Jan 2001, 13:41 (Ref:60997)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote: "Other wise not much of a change in the livery"

hehhe...the only change i can detect from the pictures is the brilliant "1"....!!!~
Old 29 Jan 2001, 16:57 (Ref:61015)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what a surprise...it's red!

As for the car, it is probably the most conventional looking shape so far... a bit of a boor.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 17:22 (Ref:61021)   #7
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although it is beginning to look like all the rest, I think it is an improvement. I was never a fan of their prominent prow.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 19:29 (Ref:61046)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*whack!**rustle!*
ugly stick and ugly tree..alll at once.... i know this is wearing a bit thin, but jeez! what an ugly bunch of cars. if it don't look fast, it won't go fast.

is it just me, or does the end of the noecone look like it needs a good manicure and a lick of purple nail varnish?
Old 29 Jan 2001, 22:58 (Ref:61079)   #9
TRD
Rookie

TRD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it looks really good. So much for the "more white" livery eh? They've gone from the highest nose to possibly the lowest nose in the field. I like the way it slopes down, it sort of reminds of the noses of the early 90's before the suspended front wing era. What happened to the delta front wing? I really liked that idea from last years car.
Old 29 Jan 2001, 23:19 (Ref:61082)   #10
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can really see the droop on that nose in the profile shot...

I love it. I suspect the delta wing didn't contribute, so it was replaced with a conventional wing profile.

Old 30 Jan 2001, 02:30 (Ref:61105)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I saw it on TV and it looked great. However, can anyone tell me why Ferrari are going back to a droop nose?
Old 30 Jan 2001, 08:02 (Ref:61121)   #12
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its due to the new technical regulations. Byrne basically said that changes in the rules forced certain distinguishing changes to be made. I guess this includes the front nose cone.
Old 30 Jan 2001, 09:19 (Ref:61122)   #13
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me likes it....tho the nose reminds me too much of Todt's!!

Damn, why cant they have golden mags????

and yeah the Delta wing...wheresitgone??

Anyways, so its gonna be the 'dip-nose' ferrari in Sepang..yippeee!!!
Old 30 Jan 2001, 15:47 (Ref:61154)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
me likes it....tho the nose reminds me too much of Todt's!!

It's a Ferrari, and it's red, which to me means: Beautiful. If I'm going to put my finger on one thing, it must be the white on that front wing.
Old 30 Jan 2001, 16:51 (Ref:61157)   #15
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just by putting the nose back down where God intended it to be, Ferrari has gone from the worst to one of the best looking cars in the field. I agree powder-gold wheels would look better, and those stick-on tic-tac and FedEx decals belong on the back of a van, not on a Ferrari.

Other than those nit-picks, I think its molto bella.
Old 31 Jan 2001, 03:24 (Ref:61261)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

Read from tifosi-club.com that the low nose cone could be subjected to a change to high nose mid season should the situation requires...
Old 31 Jan 2001, 12:24 (Ref:61324)   #17
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yukk... vomit!!!

To me the car looks weird.. like an ugly mongrel, a chimera between a contemporary car and one for the early nineties. This is the first narrow track car with a low nose. I was going to post as soon as I saw it but it is so unusual I have given a bit of time to mull it over. It looks killer form some angles but form certain angles it look like a regular car that has been left in front of the fire and melted a bit from the side elevation the front wing endplates hide the treatment of the end of the nose.

It would look better without all the horrible flick-ups, barge boards etc. The front wing should have been black in my opinion but there you go.

Not the prettiest Ferrari ever but it is purposeful looking but to my eye the nose box looks like a factory second. “Sorry Michael we have run out of the primary nose boxes and you are going to have to use one from the ‘batch that went wrong!’”
Old 31 Jan 2001, 14:02 (Ref:61346)   #18
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have u seen a Tapir.... ?