Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Nov 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2990686)   #26
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(decides to say nothing about getting in free last year)

To be honest, I'd be inclined to save my £30 for more fuel and go to Race Retro instead. I much prefer the retro show anyway and it tends to be a bit different year on year, Autosport does get a bit samey after a bit.

(Got into that free as well...)
Old 26 Nov 2011, 03:28 (Ref:2991464)   #27
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I joined BRSCC at this years show so I'm hoping I get my free ticket for the show! I have applied online to BRSCC for my entry so it should turn up when they start issuing them
Old 5 Dec 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2995447)   #28
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone has heard who will be speaking at the Watkins Lecture on the Friday?
Old 5 Dec 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2995501)   #29
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
(decides to say nothing about getting in free last year)

To be honest, I'd be inclined to save my £30 for more fuel and go to Race Retro instead. I much prefer the retro show anyway and it tends to be a bit different year on year, Autosport does get a bit samey after a bit.

(Got into that free as well...)
I fully agree - went to Autosport last year (free of charge, but nothing to do with being a marshal, just being lucky enough to work for a company with a connection to Haymarket), and I wouldn't have paid for it. Race Retro is much more enjoyable, especially if they can arrange to turn off the wind machine and sprinkler system while the rally stage is running!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2996354)   #30
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
I don't suppose anyone has heard who will be speaking at the Watkins Lecture on the Friday?

McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh in conversation with Maurice Hamilton
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2996415)   #31
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deley View Post
As much as i like to hear the opinions of MW i think if theyve got MH onboard then derek warwick would be a brilliant person to have, the interviews them two have had together down the years are a joy to read,though infrequent warwick has done a load of different things in motorsport including pushing for safety and most recently including being an f1 steward which would be a great thing to go into detail, he's a much livelier character and whitmarsh if i was listening to him at length id fall asleep eventually, though i like to see MW on f1 coverage just not the lecture

your thoughts...
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2996428)   #32
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
As much as i like to hear the opinions of MW i think if theyve got MH onboard then derek warwick would be a brilliant person to have, the interviews them two have had together down the years are a joy to read,though infrequent warwick has done a load of different things in motorsport including pushing for safety and most recently including being an f1 steward which would be a great thing to go into detail, he's a much livelier character and whitmarsh if i was listening to him at length id fall asleep eventually, though i like to see MW on f1 coverage just not the lecture

your thoughts...

thoughts ......

a) there is absolutely no need to criticise the MSF or their arrangements for the Watkins Lecture
b) you don't have to go to it

Dave
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2996434)   #33
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
thoughts ......

a) there is absolutely no need to criticise the MSF or their arrangements for the Watkins Lecture
b) you don't have to go to it

Dave
out of context it may seem
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2996453)   #34
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think it was. Every year we get rather self opinionated views of the lecture or the presenter (perhaps when Bernie Ecclestone was the 'lecturer' it was justified ) whereas, in truth, its a packed, appreciative audience, largely from the marshalling community.
It shows remarkable support for the MSF and long may it continue. We should be very proud of their work.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2997489)   #35
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Quote:
Thanks, deley. I have a lot of time for Martin Whitmarsh and I know Maurice Hamilton to be an extremely astute and informed commentator, so am definitely looking forward to this lecture.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2998197)   #36
TheSpiderMan
Rookie

England
Stockport
TheSpiderMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC Stand

Does anyone know if the club is wanting a race car for the stand in Jan??
Life should not be a journey into the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, oh no.. but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO what a ride'
Old 14 Dec 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2999493)   #37
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpiderMan View Post
Does anyone know if the club is wanting a race car for the stand in Jan??
Do you mean the BMMC stand?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 20:04 (Ref:3001340)   #38
TheSpiderMan
Rookie

England
Stockport
TheSpiderMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC stand

Yes, the BMMC stand at the show. My Renault spider was on it about 10 years ago. I have a few cars and thinking if they want a car my RS500 race car would attract attention for the club. I'm also a marshal, but usually am racing
Life should not be a journey into the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, oh no.. but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO what a ride'
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:12 (Ref:3001390)   #39
hellblade
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
hellblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i got my ticket booked, this is my first one so should be pretty sweet.

I dont mind spending a few hours on this BMMC stand to give the guys a break, how would i go about putting my name down (am a bmmc member).
Old 7 Jan 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3008644)   #40
John Wisson
Rookie

John Wisson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport NEC show

Hi

Can marshals get a discount for the NEC exhibition? I think last year there was a code we were given when buying tickets online. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John
Old 7 Jan 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3008655)   #41
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the info you need is here...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130843
Old 7 Jan 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3008663)   #42
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now merged
Old 7 Jan 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3008708)   #43
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have printed off my badge via the registration through MSA (Discount) but am not sure where to present it at the NEC! Do I need to exchange it for a ticket?
Old 8 Jan 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3008768)   #44
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
I have printed off my badge via the registration through MSA (Discount) but am not sure where to present it at the NEC! Do I need to exchange it for a ticket?
If they're anything like our Press Passes, you just walk up to the gate with it and they'll let you in!
Old 8 Jan 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3008819)   #45
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark, the STIG is correct just present it at the entrance and they will scan the barcode.

Just for yours and everyone elses information the BMMC stand is in Hall 7, number 7020, which is on the opposite side of the hall from the Atrium. If you are not sure check the big floorplan display just inside the halls.

Look forward to meeting you there.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3008887)   #46
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thankyou.
I asked because what I have is a printed bit of paper, rather than a badge. But if it gets us in then no problem. This will be the first time I have had to pay!!!
Old 8 Jan 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3008899)   #47
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Unless the system has changed Mark, you will get a plastic 'holder' when you check in, into which your printed slip slides, just forming a 'badge'.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3008924)   #48
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
So where do I check in?
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3008930)   #49
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

The first time that you go through the security check as you go into the show when your ticket is electronically 'swiped'.
This is all assuming that the system is the same as in previous years.
Old 8 Jan 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3008932)   #50
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Thanks John, hope to see you there!