Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3241253)   #1251
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That Aviary has more provenance than Pipers 917 . . . allegedly
Old 1 May 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3241290)   #1252
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why?,they are both recent builds.
Old 1 May 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3241324)   #1253
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Why?,they are both recent builds.
Yeah but the wood on the aviary is older than Pipers 917.
Old 1 May 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3241359)   #1254
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a fifty grand bill if you push the latch lever the wrong way?
Old 1 May 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3241361)   #1255
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
No, just two black eyes from my wife as the canaries and budgies fly south.
Old 1 May 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3241386)   #1256
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they did do that,they would probably get in touch via Twitter.
Old 1 May 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3241399)   #1257
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
If they did do that,they would probably get in touch via Twitter.

Have you got a book of those replies, Terence?
Old 1 May 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3241415)   #1258
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Old 2 May 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3241781)   #1259
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Nah - he just wings it.....
Old 2 May 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3241792)   #1260
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tim, please don,t get into a flap about these replies. Why did,nt you use feather edged boarding for the aviary though and i hope you used a claw hammer to put it together.
Old 2 May 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3241796)   #1261
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Tim, please don,t get into a flap about these replies. Why did,nt you use feather edged boarding for the aviary though and i hope you used a claw hammer to put it together.
Give me strength!

Graham, I was going to tell you there is a great pic of your car in Autosport this week but shan't bother now.......
Old 4 May 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3242914)   #1262
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
No, just two black eyes from my wife as the canaries and budgies fly south.
You might have to put up with the London Parakeet Squatters too. Rumour is they like to see an open door.

Would the wife not like parakeets instead of budgies?
Old 5 May 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3243010)   #1263
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

Would the wife not like parakeets instead of budgies?
We don't need to keep them as there are thousands of the noisy *******s squatting in trees opposite our house.
Old 5 May 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3243035)   #1264
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AL hoping you have escaped the clutches of the ladyboys in Bangkok and gone on see relies in Perth W.A. and catch the V8s at Barbagello like you said earlier, if you haven't slinked of back to U.K. that is.
Old 5 May 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3243050)   #1265
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
AL hoping you have escaped the clutches of the ladyboys in Bangkok ...
That's an image that's gonna take some shifting.
Old 7 May 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3243812)   #1266
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well I decided to mow the lawns yesterday as it was a job to look out of the window !
After finding only stale petrol in the shed I dosed it with some octane boost and "result" the old mower started first pull.
What an exiting life I lead
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 May 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3243816)   #1267
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry to disappoint but oz wasn't doable this trip as I do still have a business to run, no probs with the ladyboys I will leave them to the sickos who like to find a meat and two veg surprize waiting for them but not for me thank you! I put stale petrol in my motor at weekend at least five years old and it ran lovely.
Old 7 May 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3243818)   #1268
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I finished rebuilding my engine, fitted it in the car with a fresh gearbox, PROP, exhaust and wired up . . . . knocked off at 1, then mowed the lawn.

swiftly followed by a bit of karting with Arthur, then a BBQ and beer!
Old 7 May 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3243820)   #1269
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I went Brands yesterday to witness Cliffs superb drive in his underpowered XJS to take third in class with Dave Howard romping away to overall victory
A good race to watch.
Old 7 May 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3243836)   #1270
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yesterday was a "drinking up bin end" day. A wonderful white Bourgogne (burgundy in your language), followed by a 1997 Napanook (second wine of Dominus from the Napa Valley). Stunning. Then of into the cellar to have a good look in the deepest corners. I found an Armagnac the grapes of which were harvested when Queen Victoria was still alive. Think about that!
Old 7 May 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3243851)   #1271
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
... with some octane boost and "result" the old mower started first pull.
One of my pals has a wife who does all the gardening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post

What an exiting life I lead
I sincerely hope not Gordon. Far too much of that about at the moment.
Old 7 May 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3243857)   #1272
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Yesterday was a "drinking up bin end" day. A wonderful white Bourgogne (burgundy in your language), followed by a 1997 Napanook (second wine of Dominus from the Napa Valley). Stunning. Then of into the cellar to have a good look in the deepest corners. I found an Armagnac the grapes of which were harvested when Queen Victoria was still alive. Think about that!
Jeez, sure as hell beats mowing the grass as a "household chore". Mind you, I must have been drinking "bin ends" to judge from the first pint pulled for me yesterday lunchtime.

I've had worse Bank Holiday Mondays, sat alongside the local canal supping local ale (from the new barrel) in the sunshine has a lot to recommend it and all the nicer for being a rare treat!

Iain was running in a 10k IIRC - how did it go mate? Get under that Fabulous Fifty mark?
Old 7 May 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3243928)   #1273
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Got stinking cold now sorry Mike,Rubbish 10K. Even Mrs Delta stayed away from me yesterday. New tyre for truck this morning. £420.00.!!!!...
Old 7 May 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3243966)   #1274
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Got stinking cold now .
Sorry, you must have caught that from me down the phone Sunday morning.....it goes pretty quickly too as long as someone rings you
Old 7 May 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3243986)   #1275
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Knew I was not going very well when this old grannie came by me.
Closed Thread