Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2793079)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)

All the HSCC Classes.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2870305)   #2
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
this is a very popular meeting

who has entered what ?

I hope to debut something very weird in the Guards, DRW Imp, an original Guards runner in period
hopefully ready in time
plus the usual
Ralt RT1 in CF3
Lotus 22 in HFJ

Rudolf
Old 2 May 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2872728)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...ernational.pdf

The best meeting I attended last year and with a little help from Silverstone it could be again. Hopefully they will allow access to more than one grandstand around the circuit.
Old 2 May 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2872732)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
was really looking forward to this but a work commitment means I have pulled my entry - this is starting to become a rather unfortunate pattern.
3 Hour at Snet will require an act of God to cancel as my son is cutting his gap year short to come and share my car!!
It should be a belter of a meeting.
Old 3 May 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2873317)   #5
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That published timetable could well change.
Old 4 May 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2874039)   #6
AndyB
Rookie

England
Lymm
AndyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guards race has now been split into separate races for the GT cars and the Sports Racers. Nice bonus for what is a great meeting anyway.
Old 4 May 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2874145)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are in the order of 80 entries for the Guards races. It's a good idea to split them in view of the speed differential at a circuit like Silverstone. In order to make room in the programme our 33 car Historic FF2000 field is being amalgamated with the Classic F3 and some 1 Litre F3 cars. A shame from our point of view, but 50 plus single seaters taking the start should be an impressive sight!
Old 4 May 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2874167)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I think there are in the order of 80 entries for the Guards races. It's a good idea to split them in view of the speed differential at a circuit like Silverstone. In order to make room in the programme our 33 car Historic FF2000 field is being amalgamated with the Classic F3 and some 1 Litre F3 cars. A shame from our point of view, but 50 plus single seaters taking the start should be an impressive sight!
Crikey. Should also make the latter stages of the race rather interesting. I'm wondering what the time differentials will be like. Nothing much to base things on I would imagine?
Old 6 May 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2875234)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Full grid for GTSCC race.
Old 6 May 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2875366)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An entry list and revised timetable.
http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...2006.05.11.pdf
Old 6 May 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2875403)   #11
Finn
Racer

Finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont think I've seen such a large grid of cars for roadsports.

Practice will be interesting.

How many cars can the arena circuit start.
Old 6 May 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2875591)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the new GP circuit can start 58
Old 6 May 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2875609)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I think the new GP circuit can start 58
I see you got your entry in in time this time Colin. No Imps to play with though - possibly they are not at all suited to the full circuit? Or are they off playing elsewhere?

Qualifying should be fun with so many cars out in so many races.
Old 7 May 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2875652)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Fantastic grids and really looking to forward to seeing how seriously the Martini boys are taking their new series. At moment the MTX is waiting for lot's of bits.......

In meantime will be on pitwall supporting neighbours James and Suzanne, who are sharing James's E for first time in GTSCC. James has also got same car entered in Guards GT and Suzanne is R2 for Roadsports with her MGB, so am sure will get a drive. Hope to catch up with lots of folk havn't seen yet this year- It's going to be busy!
Old 7 May 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2875753)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I see you got your entry in in time this time Colin. No Imps to play with though - possibly they are not at all suited to the full circuit? Or are they off playing elsewhere?
Not playing elsewhere as far as I know. The feedback I have is that the GP circuit is not suited to Imps as they would be flat out for most of the lap and the race is 40 minutes duration.
Old 7 May 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2875756)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Not playing elsewhere as far as I know. The feedback I have is that the GP circuit is not suited to Imps as they would be flat out for most of the lap and the race is 40 minutes duration.
I suspected as much. In fact I would have thought it would be much the same for minis but I noticed a couple on the list. Then again minis seem to be rather adaptable to all conditions and all circuits for some reason. Rather remarkable.
Old 7 May 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2875820)   #17
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a missing Imper, it isn't the circuit that puts me off, but the entry fee which is not commensurate with club racing - this event is not value for money from my perspective and having had an expensive weekend at Cadwell, I decided not to do this meeting. The Impers are on a tight budget, do a lot of their own preparation of their own cars etc.
I don't think that the circuit will be as good as the old Historic GP for us, but I cannot be certain until I race there.

Last edited by simonb87; 7 May 2011 at 11:55. Reason: typo
Old 7 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2875878)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb87 View Post
As a missing Imper, it isn't the circuit that puts me off, but the entry fee which is not commensurate with club racing - this event is not value for money from my perspective and having had an expensive weekend at Cadwell, I decided not to do this meeting. The Impers are on a tight budget, do a lot of their own preparation of their own cars etc.
I don't think that the circuit will be as good as the old Historic GP for us, but I cannot be certain until I race there.
Good point - I had not checked the entry fees Simon. In fact that makes it rather interesting. If the fees are at the higher end of the scale it would seem to be slightly strange that the entry list makes it look so popular. Somewhat counter-intuitive in a way but some Historic racing seems to be like that.

On and off this morning I have been listening to the Britcar meeting practice/qualifying sessions - at least those that was audible. Checking the TSL information is seems, so far, that there are a lot of MX5s and Dutch Super cars. Not too many BOSS GP or Smarts. Not sure about the Britcars yet - nothing showing at the moment.

It seems, perhaps misleadingly, that available budgets may be aggregating to some limited series within the different clubs.
Old 7 May 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2876233)   #19
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I intend to be flat-out on every lap...

It is an expensive race to enter,but to make it more bearable Brian Webb is sharing my car.
That way i works out about the same cost as a 20 min "club" race at any other track.
Old 7 May 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2876263)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
More or less full grids so price of entry is a big deal.The International Series are all 900/1000 Euro's per race.
Old 7 May 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2876289)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
No Imps to play with though
That hadn't registered with me, it will feel a bit strange. No doubt the Anglias will be picking on me instead. I have to say the new circuit has some interesting twiddles which will take a while to sort in my head, the only time I got the lines right last Wednesday was doing passenger rides. At full chat they're very different!
Old 7 May 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2876421)   #22
Muttley61
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley, Kent.
Muttley61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
COLOR="Blue"][Just to say THANKS Robyn. Looking forward to racing together. Never done this before. I too hope to be driving flat out but I will also try to keep the car in one piece ( it's not mine!).
I will contact Alan at HSCC and get the balance payment sorted out.
With my new job, the way it is I'm rather glad your doing the prep-work.
Lets hope we can do each other justice and we'll get "Sparky-Cross" to help
I also think we might challenge some of the big-boys.Speak soon.
Brian
Old 8 May 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2876640)   #23
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
That's fighting talk Brian! I hope you're referring to those big V8's, not my puny 3.8.
Old 15 May 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2880604)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
just been looking on the results on MSTWorld website and was a little surprised to see Flavian Marcais' race has a '65 911 that is quicker than a lot of the field (inc Denis Welch Healey and some Lotus Eleven's. Is that a mistake or has his series become a little more relaxed in terms of regs?
Old 15 May 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2880672)   #25
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Is it French?