Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jun 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3914196)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen 2019

The 6 hours of the Glen is right around the corner. It is the 3rd round of the Michelin Endurance Cup, and also the shortest round of that particular sub-championship. Most of the prototypes are bringing in a 3rd driver, but Acura, WTR and Juncos are only listed with 2 drivers at the moment. In GTLM there are no 3rd drivers listed while GTD brings a full slate. This race has been quite enjoyable the past few years, and this year looks to deliver again. The speeds in protos should be much higher and I expect the track record to be broken with the new tires. Right now there is a chance of showers all weekend which would shake things up. This race is usually quite warm but the highs are expected to be very moderate this year.

Schedule

Entry List

Weather
Old 28 Jun 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3914638)   #2
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Of all the tracks in the Weathertech series, I don't think there is one where the relative speed difference between Prototypes and GT cars is bigger than Watkins Glen. All of the high speed sweeping turns and multiple medium length straights is likely the reason for this.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3914676)   #3
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Mosport has a larger gap from a fastest 2018 race lap time stand point, Laguna from a fastest 2018 race top speed stand point.

But Watkins is definitely up there.

It'll be interesting to see the effect new tires have on these gaps through the weekend. For P1, prototype has improved almost 3 seconds, GTLM about half a second improvement, and GT3 is about the same.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3914681)   #4
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Moorespeed Audi R8 will be a DNS after their practice crash this morning. Even before the roof was cut off to help the driver escape (who isn't seriously injured), the car was damaged beyond repair at the track.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3914690)   #5
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Moorespeed Audi R8 will be a DNS after their practice crash this morning. Even before the roof was cut off to help the driver escape (who isn't seriously injured), the car was damaged beyond repair at the track.
Where on the track was the crash? Sounds like the Moorespeed team's status for through the end of July at least is in question now.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3914693)   #6
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Off was near the Bus Stop.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3914797)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
It wasn't brought up yet that NBCSN is not showing the race live - at all. Only a 3-hour tape-delayed broadcast. Nascar conflict. It is on NBC Sports website & app.

Old 29 Jun 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3914800)   #8
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Yep, we gotta be prepared for that since Fox ended their half season run last week, and NASCAR will switch to NBC for the rest of the season.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3914826)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jarvis takes another pole!

http://results.imsa.com/Results/19_2...Qualifying.PDF

Corvette on pole in GTE and Acura on pole in GT3. I have missed every on track session so far this weekend and will probably not be able to see the race. Looks like it will be a competition on the opening stint between the Mazda and the Acura as we have seen the last few races. the Acura tend to pull away at the end of a stint, but maybe the conditions at Watkins will favor the Mazda. There is still about a 40% chance of rain sunday to keep things interesting.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 00:38 (Ref:3914856)   #10
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Pilot Challenge race was good once it started. A couple questionable moves, some struggles, and a nice quick shower to finish up.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3914859)   #11
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the race thread.

This was an Oreca-Gibson race last year, with Acura 3rd. Don't know what that will translate to this time around. I will pull for Mazda as I am a sort of optimist...
Old 30 Jun 2019, 03:23 (Ref:3914866)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Thanks for the race thread.

This was an Oreca-Gibson race last year, with Acura 3rd. Don't know what that will translate to this time around. I will pull for Mazda as I am a sort of optimist...
That makes two of us! But the raceability - is that a word? Doesn't seem to match the qualifying pace for the Mazdas. The Acura and Caddy options are always race ready
Old 30 Jun 2019, 04:17 (Ref:3914868)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That makes two of us! But the raceability - is that a word? Doesn't seem to match the qualifying pace for the Mazdas. The Acura and Caddy options are always race ready
Please. Raceablitly is not a word. Adding "ability" and "ality" to the end of words to make up another needs checking.

Aside that, I've got the wife fam in town. Hoping I can force them to follow a few of the 6 hours. #watchability
Old 30 Jun 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3914924)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Please. Raceablitly is not a word. Adding "ability" and "ality" to the end of words to make up another needs checking.

Aside that, I've got the wife fam in town. Hoping I can force them to follow a few of the 6 hours. #watchability
I just went to sign in to the NBC sports app with my tv credentials (which have worked everytime i've done this) and this morning it just says 403 Forbidden.

Super, guess I won't get to watch any of the race.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3914928)   #15
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I just went to sign in to the NBC sports app with my tv credentials (which have worked everytime i've done this) and this morning it just says 403 Forbidden.

Super, guess I won't get to watch any of the race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQekhRweEYQ

Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3914931)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
We also have timing back for this race:

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3914932)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We also have timing back for this race:

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
And the really good timing71 system works for IMSA -

https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3914937)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Oh no! crash on first lap with the Corvette
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3914938)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks like it was Milner who turned in on the Porsche after getting passed.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3914939)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like it was Milner who turned in on the Porsche after getting passed.
It's weird, the view from in front looked like the Porsche came out into it! Hope there's a heli view of it. Shame to lose a Corvette and Keating this early.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3914940)   #21
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looked like the Porsche moved across too soon and caused the wreck ... but that certainly sucks no matter who was more at fault.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3914942)   #22
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My favorite live timing---http://livescoring.us/2019/imsa06/index.php
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3914944)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's weird, the view from in front looked like the Porsche came out into it! Hope there's a heli view of it. Shame to lose a Corvette and Keating this early.
I could see that too.

I missed what happened to the front row Acura? did it change tires or something and start at the rear? Same question for Proto and GT
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3914945)   #24
Maelochs
Veteran

And TY for the link ... I managed to get in via NBCSN, bu there is nothing like Hindy shouting out wrong information in the heat of action to make a race broadcast.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3914946)   #25
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Left rear puncture for the #31. Almost collects the sister car, ends up in the gravel.