Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2968663)   #1
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC Mallory Park 9th October 2011

Just to say a big thanks to the Marshals on the flags at the weekend. Thats the best use of flags I've seen all year. The blue flags were on the button all the way through qualifying and the race. I won the FF2000 race and so was very grateful of the blue flags while passing a few backmarkers
Old 10 Oct 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2968942)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a problem with Historic FF2000 at this meeting. How can they be historic when I remember them first time around... Excellent racing though, reminded me of what a good formula this was back then and still is now.

MGs were great as well. A good grid of mixed ability cars (and drivers!) always makes for good fun. FFords were OK, the rest of the programme was not so good with poor grids. The less said about the Crossles hugely over-generous time allowance the better.

However, this still goes down as one of the more enjoyable days of the year simply because of the excellent company on post. We laughed and reminisced all the way through and I was reminded that this is the reason I marshal above all others.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2969080)   #3
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is not fair to knock the Crossles, they were asked to join the series and left the Sports & GT series as the the Chevrons could not make a grid, how many Chevrons turned up?
Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2969093)   #4
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
how many Chevrons turned up?
None (for the third meeting in succession).
Old 11 Oct 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2969102)   #5
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No dont worry, the 80's is not quite classed as being a historic period yet! Our cars and championship are not a historic championship, its called classic formula ford 2000, not to be confused with the HSCC series which is actually called historic formula ford 2000
Old 11 Oct 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2969183)   #6
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one Crossle(number 80) less now as he caught fire in the pitlane! Thanks to my team in the pitlane for putting it out!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2969254)   #7
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
However, this still goes down as one of the more enjoyable days of the year simply because of the excellent company on post. We laughed and reminisced all the way through and I was reminded that this is the reason I marshal above all others.
I agree with that, it was a good day thanks to the guys i was on post with, that and a visit from my partner and children who came to watch some of the racing from where i was posted made it a good day.

I did enjoy some of the racing, loved the MG's and the FF's

My eldest daughter though didn't like the FF's she said they were to loud!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2969284)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is not fair to knock the Crossles, they were asked to join the series and left the Sports & GT series as the the Chevrons could not make a grid, how many Chevrons turned up?
I'm not saying it was the Crossles fault - I blame the organisers. Wouldn't it have been better to put the Chevrons into the existing Sports & GT series to bolster that and remove one dead duck from the pool? Better still, they should have been sent there in the first place. Clubs and promotors should be encouraged to start as part of something else until they have demonstrated enough support to run on their own. And you can define the word 'encouraged' however you wish!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2969310)   #9
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My "Marshal of the Day" goes to the young guy in the assembly area. Not only is he efficient and helpful with his information, but I love the " aircraft carrier deck launch" signal he gives us when we go out for qualifying. There really is too much " stuffed shirt and blazer" in club motor sport and his panache and style is very welcome.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2969320)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keiran (iffy spelling) is his name and believe me Race Control rate him very highly. An absolute star.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2969327)   #11
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Keiran (iffy spelling) is his name and believe me Race Control rate him very highly. An absolute star.
That is good news, I noticed him and the effort he was putting in at the same meeting last year, its so good to see.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2969796)   #12
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed a good day!

Looks like I missed a good day!
Due to a minor medical problem I could not be there, but thanks to all of you for your hard work and for supporting Phil in doing my job as well as his own!

Hope to see you at Rockingham and the Plum Pudding,

Fred
Old 14 Oct 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2971046)   #13
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I had a problem with Historic FF2000 at this meeting. How can they be historic when I remember them first time around... .
Because, like me, you are getting on a bit???!!!!
Old 14 Oct 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2971189)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Nah, I'm still a teenager, me. Not sure who that fella in the mirror is, though.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2976229)   #15
cliveagyoung
Rookie

United Kingdom
Heast Janglia
cliveagyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Apologies for the Crossle races being boreing but as has been said, where where the Chevrons?
Believe it or not we do like having bigger grids.

Nevertheless I would like to add my thanks to you guys and girls for extremely efficient flag use and excellent marshalling everywhere which made the meeting run smoothly
From one competitor ..THANK YOU

Also good to see a bunch of prospective marshalls being given a guided tour.

PS the firey Crossle was not burnt out , just an air filter flash fire thank goodness.