Williams Mercedes 0 0%
Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 0 0%
Haas Ferrari 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Nov 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4083386)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Brazilian Grand Prix 2021

Who gets your vote?
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4083444)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Went for Merc. They handeled the weekend well. Both them and RB did it with class.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4083449)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Mercedes
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4083454)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
It can't be Mercedes, they made the error with the rear wing that put Hamilton at the back of the grid. I went with Alpine, they got a double points finish, made the right decision to let Alonso ahead of Ocon and then swap back, and tried the trick of giving Ocon DRS behind Alonso for a few laps to try and keep Gasly behind. They were also the only team to pull of a one-stop and score points.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4083464)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It can only be Mercedes. They more than made up for the issue with the rear wing. Where have they got this increase in speed from, it can't just be the new engine?
Old 14 Nov 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4083469)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpine for me. They had a game plan and stuck to it, without controversy or any tech troubles.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 01:55 (Ref:4083511)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
It can't be Mercedes, they made the error with the rear wing that put Hamilton at the back of the grid. I went with Alpine, they got a double points finish, made the right decision to let Alonso ahead of Ocon and then swap back, and tried the trick of giving Ocon DRS behind Alonso for a few laps to try and keep Gasly behind. They were also the only team to pull of a one-stop and score points.
Who says it was an error?
was it .02 0f a metre (2mm) or 0.02mm? (which is what many people here have typed)
If the latter that is infinitely small. Tiny. No advantage but technically illegal.
If Toto is accurate why the change in discipline within the FIA? Why be more harsh at this event than earlier in the season. That is the problem with failing to have a consistent approach across a season. Its bad management of a competition, (WDC, WCC)which is what the FIA is supposed to be adjudicating.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 06:55 (Ref:4083528)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 07:43 (Ref:4083534)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Who says it was an error?
was it .02 0f a metre (2mm) or 0.02mm? (which is what many people here have typed)
If the latter that is infinitely small. Tiny. No advantage but technically illegal.
If Toto is accurate why the change in discipline within the FIA? Why be more harsh at this event than earlier in the season. That is the problem with failing to have a consistent approach across a season. Its bad management of a competition, (WDC, WCC)which is what the FIA is supposed to be adjudicating.
I read that the discrepancy was 0.2mm (or to someone of my age group 0.008") which to me is still an infinitely small amount.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4083535)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I read that the discrepancy was 0.2mm (or to someone of my age group 0.008") which to me is still an infinitely small amount.
Yes.

"Discovering that we’ve marginally failed the test, we are speaking 0.2 of a millimetre, to not allowing this to be fixed like the normal protocol would be...there the bullet was out of the gun,” said the Austrian.

“The wing was damaged. One side was OK, the middle was OK, the right side was not OK, and that means we actually had a performance disadvantage."
Old 15 Nov 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4083547)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes. They gave Lewis the car to achieve that incredible charge through the field, and made everyone else look pedestrian.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4083558)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not usually a ferrari fan but they did the best they could against the top two and made the other mid field runners look so far behind that 3rd place in the constructors should be theirs this year
Old 15 Nov 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4083576)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes for me.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4083644)   #14
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say that Ferrari had an excellent weekend, probably clinching the 3rd in the constructor's championship. The race was a total DISASTER! for my lads and lasses at McLaren. I think this is now a lost fight. It will be a really bad thing to go into the new car formula with less money than before. I only hope Ferrari's latest form is not down to them cheating again...
So, with that caveat, well done Ferrari.

Also well done to Alpine! Good teamwork and a decent finish. If there is one driver I personally cheer for, it's Fernando Alonso, so I think it's good to see Alpine seems to have their duck in a row. I just hope they don't become too much of a threat to McLaren 2022. But, this weekend I think they did quite well.

The mudslinging at the top is really getting to me. I am not a Mercedes fan by any stretch, and would happily see them beaten. But, I've grown to despise the very image of Horner and Marko, so I find myself taking the side of Mercedes against my wishes, and they often come across as arrogant.

So, even though I think Mercedes did a good job today (and Lewis did something truly great) I can't give them my vote.

Alpine it is. Go Fernando! Vamos!
Old 15 Nov 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4083687)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I'd say that Ferrari had an excellent weekend, probably clinching the 3rd in the constructor's championship. The race was a total DISASTER! for my lads and lasses at McLaren. I think this is now a lost fight. It will be a really bad thing to go into the new car formula with less money than before. I only hope Ferrari's latest form is not down to them cheating again...
So, with that caveat, well done Ferrari.

Also well done to Alpine! Good teamwork and a decent finish. If there is one driver I personally cheer for, it's Fernando Alonso, so I think it's good to see Alpine seems to have their duck in a row. I just hope they don't become too much of a threat to McLaren 2022. But, this weekend I think they did quite well.

The mudslinging at the top is really getting to me. I am not a Mercedes fan by any stretch, and would happily see them beaten. But, I've grown to despise the very image of Horner and Marko, so I find myself taking the side of Mercedes against my wishes, and they often come across as arrogant.

So, even though I think Mercedes did a good job today (and Lewis did something truly great) I can't give them my vote.

Alpine it is. Go Fernando! Vamos!
Well hold on.
Horner and Mr Marko have both had some very embellished calls against Mercedes so all's fair in Love and War.

I don't like the political BS either but I'm not calling out either side.

Re Ferrari and McLaren
We thought Max had it pretty much his way after Austin and Interlagos was considered an RB haven, but it didn't go that way.
So could Jeddah and Qatar prove to be a rebalancing of the battle?
McLaren won on Ferrari's home turf but I'm not discounting a back swing toward McLaren, or do you think that is a false hope?
Old 16 Nov 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4083735)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Well hold on.
Horner and Mr Marko have both had some very embellished calls against Mercedes so all's fair in Love and War.

I don't like the political BS either but I'm not calling out either side.

Re Ferrari and McLaren
We thought Max had it pretty much his way after Austin and Interlagos was considered an RB haven, but it didn't go that way.
So could Jeddah and Qatar prove to be a rebalancing of the battle?
McLaren won on Ferrari's home turf but I'm not discounting a back swing toward McLaren, or do you think that is a false hope?

Well, 24h later and I have found some renewed hope. But, it will be tough. Mathematically it will be tight, but it's not impossible.

I think we can expect both Ferrari drivers to deliver, so it's not like a Tsunoda/Gasley situation where one driver haul in all the points. I do hope Danny can hang on to Norris, then it might be doable.

I expect it to be tense!