Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Dec 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1490747)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terry O Shea

Does anyone remember this guy!

Haha let me call him by his proper name, Terje Schie!
Reason I bring this up is becuse I was watching the rallycross on World Motorsport today from Poland, and then straight afterwards there was some rallying from Norway.
THe guy that won the event was driving a Corolla WRC and driving it damn hard, his name was Thomas Schie! And the car was covered in Valvoline sponsorship just like Terrys was. Must be a realtion or son perhaps!
Anyone any ideas
Old 28 Dec 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1490862)   #2
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw that as well Chunder. 90 % sure he is Terje's son, sure I read it few years back when Thomas was racing F3000. Talking of Norwegian rally drivers, I got the Petter Solberg book for Christmas, fantastic read so far.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1490927)   #3
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was he the guy that used to race a puggy 205 t16 in rallycross back in the 80's?

Don't remember much about him but i do recognise his name.
I also do seem to remeber his name was mentioned a lot on the old car wars videos

si
Old 28 Dec 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1491007)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats right Si, he was pretty good for a time in the eigthies.
He was one of the chosen few to get an Xtrac from Endean in the early days and then bought Nittymaki's 205 off him in 88 when Seppo retired. Somehow managed never to win a round of the ERC though came close on the day Gollop won his first, and I reckon would have woni at Lydden in 89 had Alamaki not put him up the wall on Chessons, that was the only time when they both had 205's that Terje was consistenyl quicker.
He also drove for Norway in the IN Cup at Croft and the car was awesome! He had an amazing race with John Welch. The car was always Marlboro sponsored
Old 29 Dec 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1491442)   #5
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terje ran a steel fabrication business

For those that remember it, at the 87 Internations, Terje test drove the car for the first time as he had done the deal with Seppo, but let Seppo drive the car in the event. He reputedly paid 180k for it!!

He sold the car in about 92 but actually bought it back about 3 years ago and spoke to Gollop about doing some work on it for him although this never materialised
Old 29 Dec 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1491526)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Coolio, would be rgeat to see hi out again, maybe thiking about restoring it. Sure they showed a pic of him on the telly!
The lad was bloody quick aswell, that championship loks really good, some great cars and the stages are amazing, tarmac and gravel mixed stages with Finnish jumps thrown in.