Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2606776)   #276
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
5 is Jez, JR's right hand man at meetings, and multistopwatch button presser extraordinaire!

Arthur was good, although we've just been back to the Ace to retrieve a very important stuffed toy he/we left behind.

I kept trying to say hello to COlin but he was glued to Chitty Chitty bang bang!
Old 31 Dec 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2606794)   #277
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Gareth Burnett drives my cars and for other people but thats a hobby as I wouldn't pay him! Known him for 20 odd years.

He's the boss of Pace Products and Motorsport at Haverhill ,Suffolk who do Race Preparation,Radiators,Pumps,Sumps, Machining etc and are the Motul Oil Sport distributor for UK.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2606822)   #278
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't know you were in charge of PR John.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2606839)   #279
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Have been away from pc most of day, so apologies for not saying thank you to JR for the coffee earlier! Had an enjoyable time and sorry missed out on recognising some of you- now it is all explained! JR isn't quite correct about only one old car turning up- there was a 1959 one in the trailer but wasn't going to unload having only just winched it in! It's now on the ramp and looks 'the dogs wotsits' underneath, so am already excited about racing it next year!

Happy New Year to all!
Old 31 Dec 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2606852)   #280
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone I know who's raced a Morgan (no relation!) of that era says how much fun they are.

It should be eligible for Angoulème - have a word with Monsieur Le Comte, he lives not far from there - it's an event you just have to do...
Old 31 Dec 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2606874)   #281
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Everyone I know who's raced a Morgan (no relation!) of that era says how much fun they are.

It should be eligible for Angoulème - have a word with Monsieur Le Comte, he lives not far from there - it's an event you just have to do...
I have an entry form Mike.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2606878)   #282
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have just introduced you all to Mrs Delta. She was very interested
Old 31 Dec 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2606881)   #283
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to rush away early but I had to return the borrowed car to Farnham and get myself together for the flight back to France today.

To be fair, I had to fly over on business so I really only drove up from Farnham!

Thanks to all of you who explained bubble and squeak to me. I did try to explain it upon my return to La Comtesse but only prevoked dark rumblings. I do not think she will attempt the dish in the near future.

It was a great pleasure to meet with you all. A very Happy New Year to you all.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2606890)   #284
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Thanks to all of you who explained bubble and squeak to me. I did try to explain it upon my return to La Comtesse but only prevoked dark rumblings. I do not think she will attempt the dish in the near future.

It was a great pleasure to meet with you all. A very Happy New Year to you all.
Compte;

try requesting Pomme de terre frites puree (avec fromage possibilite?) a far superior option, especially with poached eggs I find

linguistics has never been a strong point . . your English is better than mine!

Last edited by zefarelly; 31 Dec 2009 at 19:34.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2606909)   #285
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For your (and any other Francophone's benefit)!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_and_squeak

Hope this helps!

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Old 31 Dec 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2606923)   #286
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brussell Sprouts are a far better alternative to shredded cabbage Comte
Old 31 Dec 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2606934)   #287
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Brussell Sprouts are a far better alternative to shredded cabbage Comte
Oh yes!

Plus add a teaspoon of Whole grain mustard and a teaspoon of a strong pickle - hot Asian lime based would be good - and an egg for a little 'binding' to make the frying a tad easier. Other condiments to taste.

You may need to seek out a double diffuser though ....
Old 1 Jan 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2606973)   #288
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
this is turning into the heavier side

Or the real continental breakfast club
Old 1 Jan 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2606977)   #289
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Oh yes!

Plus add a teaspoon of Whole grain mustard and a teaspoon of a strong pickle - hot Asian lime based would be good - and an egg for a little 'binding' to make the frying a tad easier. Other condiments to taste.

You may need to seek out a double diffuser though ....
I am sorry but you are now going beyond reason. You cannot seriously suggest (as I understand it) crushing boiled potatoes, adding shredded cabbage, whole grain mustard, hot Asian lime pickle and then breaking an egg into the mix before frying!!!!!

Promise me one thing. If you really are going to create such a culinary disaster please do not use extra virgin olive oil from the Provence...that would get you executed in France. Use lard
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2606984)   #290
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
But where else would you get the Extra Virgin from?
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2606987)   #291
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done to all those intrepid types, especially JR who seems to have been the 'Prime Mover', who turned up, and I am sorry I didn't make it. Any final comments before I close this thread?

Last edited by John Turner; 1 Jan 2010 at 13:45. Reason: Spelling!
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2606990)   #292
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I would always look forward to Monday night when mum would dish up bubble and squeak.Seems like only yesterday The waft of the spare roast potatoes and veg from Sundays roast is passing under my nose right now.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2606995)   #293
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Where does one procure extra virgin lard?

or is that just Goose fat?

I think, whilst most of us have experienced and/or appreciated some Haute Cuisine, the Ace Cafe was an appropriate venue.

Perhaps we can try Petrus for next years do? if the exchange rate flips perhaps Compte could make a few suggestions . . . . .
Old 1 Jan 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2607002)   #294
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
One last thing i hope we can all get together at the Classicfor Delta BBQ and hope some of you will support the Stoke Row festival of speed again this Summer.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2607005)   #295
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As well as JR, I should have mentioned James Wiseman who actually initiated the idea by starting the thread.

Discussions about Bubble & Squeak (I used to love it, too!) can continue on the new 'lighter side' thread, by the way. I'll close this thread within 48 hours before it self destructs!
Old 1 Jan 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2607094)   #296
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well guys it was something that I wished I'd been there, but at the last minute we managed to get away on the 23rd. I hope to be back racing sometime this year and will catch up with some of you around the tracks.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2607155)   #297
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good news Gordon. You mentioned Air Ambulance Grant well this year the Stoke Row Festival of Speed will be raising money for that charity as the local school now have a shiny new Mini Bus with a healthy contribution of money raised from last years show.
Old 3 Jan 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2607579)   #298
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I've moved the Bubble and Squeak, and Air Ambulance discussions to the new 'lighter side' (yes, I am aware of the irony, in respect of the latter!) thread, in order for you to continue them if you wish. This thread now closed!
Closed Thread