Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3360605)   #1
rallyx73
Rookie

rallyx73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross Blyton 9th FEB

Hi it states that entries close 14 days before event, I read that entry list will be listed 7 days before event. ? What reason is it not now listed so that people can see who has entered and can start really looking forward to event .I am sure this would create interest in event and encourage people to think about going. I.e. seeing a good entry list.
Anyone know spectator situation viewing area ? is track layout shown
Thanks if anyone has information
Old 27 Jan 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3360608)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyx73
I read that entry list will be listed 7 days before event. ? What reason is it not now listed
Because its not 7 days away yet?

There has been a regular stream of information on the BTRDA Facebook page, so give that a look:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/btrda.championship?fref=ts

They posted a circuit map of the new Blyton rallycross track layout a few days ago:

Spectator area looks to be at the Southern end of the track. From what I understand from the Facebook updates, it looks like entry is free to spectators.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3360621)   #3
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list will be released once the closing date for entries has come which is the 31st January this coming Friday.

Spectator access to the event is free.

There is a large viewing back at the southern end of the track close to the start line/paddock and the whole circuit can be viewed from 1 place.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3361141)   #4
The Count
Rookie

The Count should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although it's been widely publicised that entries for the February 9th meeting at Blyton CLOSED on 26th January, a closer look at the regulations state that it is actually Friday January 31st that the list closes so hopefully there'll be a published list of competitors this weekend which will be, as the regs state, seven days before the event. Like most people, I'm interested to see who I'm racing against so would encourage the organisers to consider a regularly updated 'provisional' entry list in future like they do for most rally events.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3361171)   #5
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not sure I like the new layout seems to me it will be rather tight in few places.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3361178)   #6
JSRacing
Rookie

England
KENT
JSRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks more like a sprint circuit .... not very wide and lots of tight turns. Be interesting to see it for real with 6 or more cars fighting for position!
Hope it works out good for them.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3361211)   #7
rallyx73
Rookie

rallyx73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=The Count;3361141 Like most people, I'm interested to see who I'm racing against so would encourage the organisers to consider a regularly updated 'provisional' entry list in future like they do for most rally events.[/QUOTE]

This can only be a positive anything that gains interest in the event must be tried .
The organizers seem to be doing a fantastic job getting clubman Ralllycross back on its feet and although the track at Blyton may not be ideal small acorns has they say .The main thing is to have a successful event show that clubman’s Rallycross has a great future , I am sure the track could evolve with time. We need a track in that area , to build a competitor base who can build cars with the knowledge that they have a track to compete on , Show it is a good model . Then has been said in press today if " lydden is truly the home of British Rallycross" then it should find a way to welcome clubman rallycross back which would help create the all important competitor base ,the future British Rallycross competitors.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3361990)   #8
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to our first event back in the 205s after a couple of years off.

Huge thanks to the BTRDA committee for getting this together. Let's hope we can show up in good numbers and do them proud. Hopefully we might be welcomed back to Lydden then (purely selfish reasons as it's only 40mins from us).
Old 31 Jan 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3362614)   #9
truelove647
Rookie

truelove647 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted it is postponed !!!
Any chance we could get a list of who was entered ?
I am about 60 miles away and the rain here has been shocking,hope things improve for march 9th, a lot of hard work has been put in by the BTRDA/MDA and others setting this up so it it a shame but can't be helped

Last edited by truelove647; 31 Jan 2014 at 17:57.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3362673)   #10
The Count
Rookie

The Count should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly the opening round has been postponed until the end of the season due to the venue being waterlogged and unable to be approved by the MSA as it's a brand new track/layout. The organisers will be running all classes (including rally car 2WD and WD classes) at the remaining rounds as follows:

March 9th - Blyton
June 7th - Pembrey
June 8th - Pembrey
Aug 17 - Pembrey
Nov 16 - Croft
Nov 30 - Blyton (this was a standalone non championship 'BTRDA Trophy' meeting but now will form the final round of the series.

I spoke with John Rook today and he said there'd been around 40 entries for the opening round which was encouraging. With another five weeks before it gets underway now, it gives people a realistic chance of getting their cars ready so no reason why there can't be another ten or even 20 cars at the March 9th event.

Also, we will be helping the organisers promote the series this year and hope to have a well known additional sponsor announced soon.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3362697)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn shame to read. I spoke to Richard at Blyton a week or so ago and he said things were pretty damp there. I had been hoping conditions would improve, but sadly it seems the weather had other ideas.
Old 31 Jan 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3362720)   #12
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Count View Post
Sadly the opening round has been postponed until the end of the season due to the venue being waterlogged and unable to be approved by the MSA as it's a brand new track/layout. The organisers will be running all classes (including rally car 2WD and WD classes) at the remaining rounds as follows:

March 9th - Blyton
June 7th - Pembrey
June 8th - Pembrey
Aug 17 - Pembrey
Nov 16 - Croft
Nov 30 - Blyton (this was a standalone non championship 'BTRDA Trophy' meeting but now will form the final round of the series.

I spoke with John Rook today and he said there'd been around 40 entries for the opening round which was encouraging. With another five weeks before it gets underway now, it gives people a realistic chance of getting their cars ready so no reason why there can't be another ten or even 20 cars at the March 9th event.

Also, we will be helping the organisers promote the series this year and hope to have a well known additional sponsor announced soon.
Does this mean there will be supercars at Blyton?
Old 1 Feb 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3363061)   #13
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame it's cancelled (postponed) I was looking forward to next Sunday. However, I suppose it could have been expected when it was set in mid winter. I hope the one in March is a little warmer and not cancelled, due to snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello48 View Post
Does this mean there will be supercars at Blyton?
At Christmas I heard someone say that Blyton hasn't got a licence for 4wd Rallycross cars anymore, hence 2WD only. I don't know how true it is.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3363080)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cant be, Rennison was running teh RS200 there on the main circuit years ago, and I am sure there is no specific licence to allow certian cars to run, maybe single seaters or something, but a supercar is just a normal car with more power.

I cant see there would be a power limt, there wouldnt be for track days, but maybe the good old MSA havent granted Blyton a comp licence, in which case they should really be running much more than standard
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3363200)   #15
maranello48
Rookie

maranello48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Cant be, Rennison was running teh RS200 there on the main circuit years ago, and I am sure there is no specific licence to allow certian cars to run, maybe single seaters or something, but a supercar is just a normal car with more power.

I cant see there would be a power limt, there wouldnt be for track days, but maybe the good old MSA havent granted Blyton a comp licence, in which case they should really be running much more than standard
The MSA have given Blyton a licence for the sprint circuit to run whatever they want, hence Rennison's RS200. The licence for the rallycross circuit is a different licence, and I think it effectively limits them to only running Nat B events which as far as i'm aware only excludes supercars.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3363588)   #16
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, needless to say we are disappointed not to be racing this weekend but it will give us a little more time to prepare the cars and the Lydden test day will enable us to find any problems ahead of the now first round on 9th March.

A real shame after all the efforts of the committee but these things cannot be helped sometimes.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3363635)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sorry to hear that this has been postponed. Well done to all the organising team for their work so far. See you in March...