Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Apr 2007, 03:10 (Ref:1883041)   #1
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Race Track??

Dick Johnson announced this morning the development of a new Track north Gold Coast. Look at today Courier Mail artical only $650m

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html
Old 4 Apr 2007, 03:24 (Ref:1883042)   #2
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CourierMail has a lot more about this than there is in that article so when I get a free second I will scan it in and post it.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 4 Apr 2007, 03:25 (Ref:1883043)   #3
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the tail end of Steve Johnson talking on local radio this morning.

Awesome if it gets off the ground !

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...010760,00.html
Old 4 Apr 2007, 04:08 (Ref:1883046)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 4 Apr 2007, 04:10 (Ref:1883048)   #5
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Note there they are talking about building a wind tunnel.

Old 4 Apr 2007, 04:32 (Ref:1883059)   #6
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds exciting - Hopefully if all the dollars stack up and an international grade circuit is built, Mr Tilke will put the one thing in that we all cry out for - ELEVATION CHANGES.
Being built on old cane fields I am concerned it'll be flat as a pancake (paperclip!!!!)
Old 4 Apr 2007, 05:23 (Ref:1883077)   #7
matt_015
Racer

Australia
Brisbane,Australia
matt_015 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bad wrong convo lol

Last edited by matt_015; 4 Apr 2007 at 05:26.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 04:32 (Ref:1883057)   #8
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very very interesting indeed. I really hope it takes off. I also agree, this could be the saving grace for the Australian F1 GP
Old 4 Apr 2007, 04:32 (Ref:1883058)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also unfortunately talking about TIlke designing the circuit. Nothing he designs is exciting.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 Apr 2007, 02:42 (Ref:1883769)   #10
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
Also unfortunately talking about TIlke designing the circuit. Nothing he designs is exciting.
What's interesting is about 1-2 months ago an Ipswich City Councillor was announcing this facility. Wonder how he feels now.

Also, Bernie Ecclestone has long said why would we come all the way to Australia for just another race circuit? Thus insisting on a street circuit for the AGP. Wonder what has happened to change this belief.

If they do have plans to snaffle the AGP it will almost certainly be at the cost of the Indy Grand Prix, and I also wonder how this fits in with plans for the Queensland debut of Rally Australia in 2008. Find it hard to believe the Beattie government would back both WRC and F1.

There are at least four racing circuits in development in South East Queensland at the moment so the local community is a bit sceptical, plus this whole blizzard of press releases while not actually doing anything has a distinct Bunbury-ish flavour to it.

Also, Queensland Raceway has set its sights on potentially poaching Indy once QR's extension redevelopment gets underway, but that's a long-term goal.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 05:14 (Ref:1883797)   #11
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
Also, Queensland Raceway has set its sights on potentially poaching Indy once QR's extension redevelopment gets underway, but that's a long-term goal.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! is the redevelopment your talking bout the overpass X section at the end of the backstraight?
Old 5 Apr 2007, 05:18 (Ref:1883798)   #12
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Once again it has to be some sort of joke, because if Hermann was involved, it would have been posted all over the world by now that he was designing a track in Australia.
For your information it has been, all over the US at any rate.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 05:27 (Ref:1883801)   #13
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! is the redevelopment your talking bout the overpass X section at the end of the backstraight?
Overpass? You thing that Oastler cooked up all by himself in AMC saying 'wouldn't it be nice'? That never had any bearing to reality, it was just a wish list.

QR's redevelopment does not include a figure 8 or a bridge and never did.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1884112)   #14
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore

Also, Bernie Ecclestone has long said why would we come all the way to Australia for just another race circuit? Thus insisting on a street circuit for the AGP. Wonder what has happened to change this belief.
Yet he'll entertain those handful of fans seen in Bahrain and Shanghai..
Old 5 Apr 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1884134)   #15
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Yet he'll entertain those handful of fans seen in Bahrain and Shanghai..
Neither of which are in Australia.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 05:25 (Ref:1883078)   #16
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure they could put in a hill if they wanted.

In general tracks these days aren't as hilly, the punters apparently don't care for hills? Just look at Mt Panorama to see thats not true!

I guess I'd rather a Tilke-ring than another paper clip.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 05:51 (Ref:1883087)   #17
vatuloa
Racer

The brewery is close as well as the Morris complex the problem is residentual development closes race tracts and the Gold Coast Council must ensure no residentual is allowed. Some of the land in the area has a residentual zoning this needs to be changed before the development proceeds
Old 4 Apr 2007, 06:08 (Ref:1883095)   #18
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, sounds like someone forgot that Sunday was the first of April.

If it does go ahead, best to make sure that any land around is re-zoned to reduce problems in the future.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 07:43 (Ref:1883149)   #19
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yatala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
To be honest, sounds like someone forgot that Sunday was the first of April.

If it does go ahead, best to make sure that any land around is re-zoned to reduce problems in the future.
I don't think they will be having trouble with NIMBYs from Yatala

However, they will have a fight on their hands to poach some high profile events like F1GP and Indy.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 23:38 (Ref:1883733)   #20
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
I don't think they will be having trouble with NIMBYs from Yatala

However, they will have a fight on their hands to poach some high profile events like F1GP and Indy.
INDY is going to be a problem, and just like in Melbourne for the F1GP, people argued why couldn't the money be put into a purpose built facility. Which if you probably tally up all the money spent over the years they could have built a circuit. As for the Albert Park upgrade, inside word has it that it looks like a $5M project to get the lights in. But thats just an estimate at the moment, could be higher.

Once again it has to be some sort of joke, because if Hermann was involved, it would have been posted all over the world by now that he was designing a track in Australia.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 01:18 (Ref:1883756)   #21
vatuloa
Racer

As the artical said the land has been Cane land and because of that no rural activity will be viable until all the toxins have gone. A race track is it's best use.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1883200)   #22
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Government is 100% against it as is the opposition , the premier was quite scathing about the idea .
Dick was on the local radio this morning trying to drum up some enthusiasm for the project , mostly fell on deaf ears from the local response , probably a few $$ in the project for Dick to stick his neck out in the media - across the highway from the "mooted project" is "Darlington park" , which is the multi , multi million $$$ circuit which the residential sprawl has caught up to (15 years ago it was that far into the bush you couldn't find the place ) - there are better areas for this type of project , not the area between Brisvegas and the Gold Coast.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1883210)   #23
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a concession that Ipswich just isn't that good?
Old 4 Apr 2007, 12:39 (Ref:1883344)   #24
auzziemonza
Rookie

auzziemonza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darlington has gone to an Industrial Complex and had residential development around it that Tony Stevens (Snr - Late) couldn't stop. Thats why Darlington didn't go becvause of the noise.

Norwell though is Cane fields, The Holden Centre is there and they have problems due to noise but only from one neighbor. From the Retro Report, all it needs is for uncle Terry to buy the annoying neighbor out and roll on the Morris Motor Raceway. Melbourne are sick of the GP anyway!
Old 4 Apr 2007, 23:37 (Ref:1883732)   #25
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, seems Dick may have gone off a bit early !

Hate it when that happens.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...366317300.html

Seems they would have to change the Govts mind on the Rural zoning.