Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2020, 10:25 (Ref:4025790)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Goodbye 2020

Twenty Twenty has not been a good year for a number of reasons, and in the main is one to forget, however, there is one memory that will linger on well after the trials and tribulations of the Covid pandemic have faded away;

Rest in Peace, Mike. always in my prayers.

Attached Images

Old 30 Dec 2020, 12:28 (Ref:4025815)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I think your efforts with the photo "album" and the calendar will help ensure that this fine chap will remain in the forefront of our thoughts, Bob, and of course the continued exploits of Mike's cars - particularly Gilbert - will be a further indication of the mark he left behind him.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:23 (Ref:4025829)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I think your efforts with the photo "album" and the calendar will help ensure that this fine chap will remain in the forefront of our thoughts, Bob, and of course the continued exploits of Mike's cars - particularly Gilbert - will be a further indication of the mark he left behind him.

Mind you, shouldn't the title be Good Bye 2020 Baub?
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:54 (Ref:4025835)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

Mind you, shouldn't the title be Good Bye 2020 Baub?
A FRIEND has already corrected me, however, HE did it by PM!!

I saw my mistake as soon as I posted, but it seems you can't edit the tile.

But look on the bright side - it might cheer Delta up to know that even the best of us make mistakes.

Mike would have sorted it out.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:55 (Ref:4025836)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shouldn't it be "Goodbye 2020?" Just saying..................
Old 30 Dec 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4025837)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You could have done that by PM Peter...
Old 30 Dec 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4025840)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol, looks like we all posted simault...... at the same time.

Bob, it can stay as it is since rather like "wet pante" people will notice it.

And yes the loss of Mike was the worst thing to happen. It did however lead to the bike ride and thanks to Iain, MGD and Mary, Gilbert shall remain in full view.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4025844)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta son and Dad on their way home . Yes good bye 2020 and good riddance.
Old 30 Dec 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4025845)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It might cheer Delta up to know that even the best of us make mistakes.Mike would have sorted it out.
Talking about Iain, you mean "Moyke wood off bean korrrekted that" I presume.
So good to see people taking it form the smiling side. Cheers Mike!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:26 (Ref:4026040)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll add my Happy New Year wishes to those already here.

I hope you are all making New Year resolutions to be nicer to Iain in future. He's a Top Bloke with a heart of gold!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4026045)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I'll add my Happy New Year wishes to those already here.

I hope you are all making New Year resolutions to be nicer to Iain in future. He's a Top Bloke with a heart of gold!

We couldn't be nicer to Iain - taking the Mickey out of Delta's spelling and grammar is in the finest traditions of British banter If you aren't mocking a mate you aren't really mates. It's my race partner's birthday today so naturally I had to send him a message reminding him that that makes him 2 years older than me!

Healthy 2021, everyone !
Old 31 Dec 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4026074)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
We couldn't be nicer to Iain - taking the Mickey out of Delta's spelling and grammar is in the finest traditions of British banter If you aren't mocking a mate you aren't really mates. It's my race partner's birthday today so naturally I had to send him a message reminding him that that makes him 2 years older than me!

Healthy 2021, everyone !
I am ALWAYS nice to EVERYONE, ALL OF THE TIME.

Oh! Beggar, i forgot about VivaGT.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4026082)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I am ALWAYS nice to EVERYONE, ALL OF THE TIME.

Oh! Beggar, i forgot about VivaGT.
Baub, you will never be able to forget about me!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 16:19 (Ref:4026086)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think it should be, “good riddance 2020”.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4026107)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think it should be, “good riddance 2020”.
Says the Monday morning quarter back! Its an"nice typo"!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 18:18 (Ref:4026115)   #16
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Says the Monday morning quarter back! Its an"nice typo"!
It wasn’t a comment on the post, more a comment on the year.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 20:06 (Ref:4026138)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Of course Andy, we all suffered the situation and many losses too. All my best to you and yours, including your Caterham, for the coming year. Looking forward to meeting you again, will be a pleasure.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 00:29 (Ref:4026179)   #18
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Of course Andy, we all suffered the situation and many losses too. All my best to you and yours, including your Caterham, for the coming year. Looking forward to meeting you again, will be a pleasure.
Yes, hope we can meet up somewhere. Best wishes to all, let’s hope 2021 is better for everyone.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4026228)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I've corrected the title anyway, as I'm a killjoy.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4026252)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done, sir! Now all the "correctors" will feel sorry if not stupid. By the way, did you hear about "our" club?
Old 2 Jan 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4026413)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe I'm in it, Gerard.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 Jan 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4026417)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
You would be daft to join it, John!
Old 2 Jan 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4026446)   #23
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You would be daft to join it, John!

Oi! I joined up. What are you trying to say?

I think I've even been promoted through the ranks, courtesy of Gerard - nothin' daft about that is there?

At this rate, I could soon be Chief Stupido, then you'll be sorry...
Old 2 Jan 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4026449)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Dont bet too much money on that, dear John!

Yes Paul, you're entitled, "no problemo" ! Be my guest as they say…
Old 3 Jan 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4026555)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I'm obviously a lost soul - come to think of it, nothing new there, then!