Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Nov 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4132677)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Moffat Mountain Straight Mt Panorama

Im starting a movement

When we think of the golden days of Aust motor sport (especially Bathurst) there are two names that tower above all: Moffat and Brock.

Peter has the trophy and skyline named after him, Now its time we recognised and immortalised Moffat for the way he revolutionised, professionalised and put everything on the line for motor sport especially tintop racing in this country.

If Mt Panorama skyline is now Brocks Skyline, I think we should have Mountain straight renamed Moffat Straight, in honour of his bellowing 351s muscling up that hill. Other cars might have been better across the top or down conrod. But to climb the his, the 351 at full noise was a sensation.
It even sounds good Moffats Mountain Straight.

Other drivers had more wins, and many were as talented or better drivers but Allan ate slept dreamed Bathurst everything else was practice. He brought a new level of professionalism to the sport. He put everything he owned plus his heart and soul into that race. The Moffat vs Brock rivalry is what made the Bathurst 500/1000 more than just a car race for the fans. They propelled it to public interest like football finals. Moffat changed Aust motor sport and bathurst 1000 for ever.

Its no secret that he is not doing so well health wise, it would be great if it could be done while he is able to appreciate it.

Bathurst was everything to him. Lets make him part of it forever.

Im a motor racing fan but im not "in the club". I have no idea who I would need to convince or speak to, how to get important people on board. but if you do

Allan autographed a pic for me years ago
He wrote: "Keep chasing your dreams"
OK this is my dream so how can I not chase it for him?

Anyone help?
Old 6 Nov 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4132818)   #2
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good call bathurst77.
Old 7 Nov 2022, 03:03 (Ref:4132845)   #3
Squalled
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Squalled should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would definitely back this!
Old 7 Nov 2022, 04:26 (Ref:4132849)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Like this idea - the sound of those bellowing Henry donks hammering up Mountain Straight is definitely part of Bathurst folklore and history.

If you want to approach someone, I'd suggest Bathurst Regional Council would be the right place.
Old 8 Nov 2022, 02:09 (Ref:4132942)   #5
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Like this idea - the sound of those bellowing Henry donks hammering up Mountain Straight is definitely part of Bathurst folklore and history.

If you want to approach someone, I'd suggest Bathurst Regional Council would be the right place.
Thanks good call
Have emailed the council cc the mayor
Old 8 Nov 2022, 02:13 (Ref:4132943)   #6
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Theres facebook group.
The more members it has
the more seriously the decision makers wiil take us

Even if you rarely use faceboook please join, think of it like a petition

https://www.facebook.com/groups/424039386401628/

Moffat Mountain Straight Mt Panorama
Old 14 Nov 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4133645)   #7
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Lots has happened

Most excitingly "MotorSport Australia" (aka CAMS) have officially said they are behind us and will support our efforts, and I have a couple of other things bubbling under.

However in the end its Bathurst Council who make the final decision. To that end we need to fill their inbox with this request (especially if you live -read VOTE- in the council zone.)

Heres some email addresses
Mayor
robert.taylor@bathurst.nsw.gov.au

general
council@bathurst.nsw.gov.au

Track department
MtPanorama@bathurst.nsw,gov.au

https://www.bathurst.nsw.gov.au/coun...uncillors.html

local newspaper
mail@westernadvocate.com.au

Local radio
2mce@csu.edu.au

https://www.2bs.com.au/contact-us/

https://www.2lt.com.au/contact-us/
Old 15 Nov 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4133819)   #8
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Action reporting on this as well.

https://autoaction.com.au/2022/11/15...ntain-straight
Old 23 Nov 2022, 02:26 (Ref:4134562)   #9
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Chase now breaking the old Conrod Straight in two, I think the stretch between Chase and Murray's should now get a new name
Old 24 Nov 2022, 02:04 (Ref:4134681)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by db120176 View Post
With the Chase now breaking the old Conrod Straight in two, I think the stretch between Chase and Murray's should now get a new name
Tander Turnpike?

5 times race winner…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House