Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Oct 2008, 02:02 (Ref:2311779)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Top of the Mountain

Now I can't really speak for everyone, as I only made it to the top of the hill on Sunday after we were finished with our stuff in the pits, but I was shocked when I made it up there...

... Ummm... was there a Girl Guides convention going on? (No disrespect to Girl Guides indented).

I have never in my life seen so many overly sober people on top of the hill, or any touring car meeting for that matter.

There were women and children everywhere, the two places that sold booze were practically empty, all of the 'creative' home made signs were gone, Dirty Pierre was nowhere to be seen, from where we stayed the weekend we couldn't see any fireworks/grenades going off, and apparently everyone was getting in their 8 hours sleep.

What did the punters think? Have the fun police gone too far? Do you want them to go further?
Old 14 Oct 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2311790)   #2
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A job well done on top of the mountain by the sounds of things. It should be a place where everyone from woman to children can enjoy the race without it being ruined by 100 drunk bogans. You don't need to be off your face to have a good time, perhaps they finally figured that out.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 04:19 (Ref:2311819)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Now I can't really speak for everyone, as I only made it to the top of the hill on Sunday after we were finished with our stuff in the pits, but I was shocked when I made it up there...

... Ummm... was there a Girl Guides convention going on? (No disrespect to Girl Guides indented).

I have never in my life seen so many overly sober people on top of the hill, or any touring car meeting for that matter.

There were women and children everywhere, the two places that sold booze were practically empty, all of the 'creative' home made signs were gone, Dirty Pierre was nowhere to be seen, from where we stayed the weekend we couldn't see any fireworks/grenades going off, and apparently everyone was getting in their 8 hours sleep.

What did the punters think? Have the fun police gone too far? Do you want them to go further?
You get locked up for indenting a girl guide !!
Old 14 Oct 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2311826)   #4
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah? Might be safe to take Mrs and kids up there again? Sensational!

I have no use for drunken morons yelling at my 13 year-old to 'showus ya tits' thanks very much. Never happened to mine, but I've seen it happen to others.

And no, I'm not a wowser.

Kramer
Old 14 Oct 2008, 04:32 (Ref:2311827)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too true!

Just goes to show how another few hundred hours of sleep wouldn't go astray...
Old 14 Oct 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2311834)   #6
Mr Walker
Rookie

Australia
Mr Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
Yeah? Might be safe to take Mrs and kids up there again? Sensational!

I have no use for drunken morons yelling at my 13 year-old to 'showus ya tits' thanks very much. Never happened to mine, but I've seen it happen to others.

And no, I'm not a wowser.

Kramer
C'mon Kramer, you've been a wowser ever since I've known ya.

Can't we cordon off an area with mesh fencing where we can lock the bogans in? I mean, I'm part bogan, and I enjoy a drink once in a while, but the last thing I would do is get sh!t faced at a race meeting - especially Bathurst. But I do realise that there are some people that want to do that and as long as they are stuck in a licenced area away from everyone else they should be able to - just like they do at gigs like the Big Day Out etc. Give them a set area and let them annoy themselves only.

P.S. I was at the 'mount in 2004 when some guys yelled 'show us ya tits' at what appeared to be a 15/16yr old girl - not nice. I gave 'em a spray and the rest of the crowd joined in. They pulled their heads in real quick.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 04:58 (Ref:2311837)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Walker
Can't we cordon off an area with mesh fencing where we can lock the bogans in?
They sort of have already...

I was at the back of the hill in Reid Park drinking $5 cans of XXXX rubbish on Friday in a cordoned off area with mesh fencing.

Trouble was all the "bogans" were "outside" the cage.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Oct 2008, 06:22 (Ref:2311868)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I was expecting hell on earth up there from all the stories but it was as tame as when I last went to church on a Sunday morning... then again there were Politzei everywhere. I did like the list of arrests though. Made interesting reading. Did you hear about the guy who got nicked for assaulting a copper with a dildo?! It's a fair cop and all that but what worries me is why he had it there in the first place! Is he a 10 Tenths reader by any chance?!
Old 14 Oct 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2311890)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
about time.

The noise and injuries were getting worse each year and it was never fun arriving trackside at 7am and seeing the drunks still lying on the hill were they dropped the previous afternoon (We used to check they were still breathing of course).
Old 14 Oct 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2311891)   #10
Kid Geezer
Rookie

Kid Geezer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were pleasantly surprised as well (we went up there on Saturday and our 19yo reckons she felt quite okay).
Only trouble was that the powers that be seem to think the solution lies in redistributing the bogans all around the track. The XXXX Retardreat was situated at Murrays, belting out over-loud mindless music...even during the National Anthem (imagine them getting away with that at a NASCAR event).
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2311984)   #11
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the people brang their own booze, at $5 a pop its expensive, 30 pack of cans were going for about $40, a hell of a lot cheaper then $5 a can at the circuit, plenty of drunks around the turn 8-9 area. It's funny to see them stumble down the mountain after the race on Sunday

"Oi mate can u take a picsha of us pleash?"
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2311987)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Can't we cordon off an area with mesh fencing where we can lock the bogans in?
Bathurst Jail.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2312000)   #13
Chubby1
Rookie

Chubby1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We walked the track very late Friday night and it was very quite up top. We stopped and had a rest at Skyline and out of nowhere appears about 10 cops from the bush behind the building up there. There were a few drunks around and some loud music at Reid Park but nobody seemed to be causing any problems. I had to feel sorry for the security guys looking after the cameras around the track we almost fell over one who seemed to be fast asleep at The Cutting. All in all it was a great weekend with hardly any idiots just a great crowd enjoying another Great Race!!