Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Sep 2001, 13:00 (Ref:143070)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oulton Park

I'm starting my first race at Brands in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to it and trying to tame it's many corners. I thought it would be interesting to get people views on which of the corners is the most challenging and/or most important to lap times?

Cheers
Old 9 Sep 2001, 21:12 (Ref:144165)   #2
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Oulton Park

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I'm starting my first race at Brands in a couple of weeks.
Brands or [post topic] Oulton??

at either all the corners are important, so the best advise is to go testing !

Last edited by Ian-S; 9 Sep 2001 at 21:13.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 10:57 (Ref:144325)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Oulton Park

D'oh. It is Oulton! I obviously don't have much chance!

My first race was actually at Brands earlier this year!

Must be going mad!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:54 (Ref:144366)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know nothing of Outlon, but would be interested to know what you race??

Perhaps ask the same question in the Racers Forum...
Old 10 Sep 2001, 12:05 (Ref:144371)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
Perhaps ask the same question in the Racers Forum...
Good idea! I'll do that!

I race an XJS in JCC and JEC series. It's my first year and Oulton will be my fifth race. I've already had a second place (in class) - eat your heart out Jaguar Racing! I have also managed not to sack my team boss (it's my Dad!).

Adam
Old 17 Sep 2001, 16:47 (Ref:147490)   #6
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So have you been yet Adam - if so how did you get on and what was it like ?
I haven't been there for a few years so can't really rmrmber the circuit - think I 'll have t oget a map...
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:20 (Ref:147577)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Brands back in March.. marshalled at Druids - and got dizzy.. thought I was falling ill.

Anyway, i was amazed how many Jags there were.. must have been the heaviest grid ever?? So how come your Dad (I presume) drives in a different class?? Is it just invitation races.. will it develop into a championship next year??
Old 18 Sep 2001, 10:41 (Ref:147789)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's this Saturday.
I'll report how it went.

Hi Dan, Brands was my first race ever and Druids became my favorite corner that weekend. I was a bit to green to really go for it in Paddock! Had a little sqerm on the exit in practice.

Heaviest grid! I should think so! We are trying to do something about that. In the power to weight ration. Weight is cheap, power expensive! It is apparently quite possible to lose over a 250kgs by taking stuff off the car! (this includes the addition of the roll cage and other essentials).

My Dad and I race in different races, he races in the XJS challenge and I race in the powered by Jaguar challenge or the Jaguar Car Club Jaguar Challenge. I get to play with the quick Listers, D-Types and Kougars! The classes are slightly different in each series. The championship looks very strong next year (9 meetings 13 races - provisionally) so it should be good. I think the JEC were surprised to get so many people stripping out their XJs and going racing!

The cars are ridiculously cheap to pick up. Ours cost £800 and then probably need a couple of thousand spent on it. I suppose it's a sort of cheap historic touring car. We are also big Jaguar enthusiasts so it was the natural choice.

It's great fun hustling this big car round the bends and it is very calm through the quick corners (Craner Curves etc...)

Nice to hear from you. Come and say hello if you do a meeting we are at again.

Can check out www.adamashmore.co.uk/racing also.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 11:12 (Ref:147795)   #9
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey a race car for under 3 grand - v.cheap - do you not spend much on the engines then ?
What's the quality of racing like in terms of heavy door handling, when I watch the CSCC guys they seem to have to spend a lot of dosh on panels and paintwork every meeting.
Do the JCC run a website Adam ?
Old 18 Sep 2001, 11:22 (Ref:147798)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The engine is completely standard! It has to be for the class we are in. The AJ6 engine goes forever and is very reliable. This one is just run in at 100,000 miles (about average for the series)! But that's the beauty of a big engine like this.

Heavy door handling! Hmmm! It is strictly non contact and it certainly isn't BTCC. At the end of the day everyone is there because it is a relatively cheap form of motor racing and most of us can't afford to replace wings every other weekend.

The link is on my site by I think it is

www.j-c-c.org.uk

also worth a look is

www.jec.org.uk

JCC run the races, JEC runs the championship.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 11:36 (Ref:148259)   #11
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Always amazes that clubs like the BRSCC promote cheap championships, whereas there's plenty of cheaper options out there in reality.. I never knew there were so many old Jags in the country let alone racing types - have you had full grids all year??

And how many racing drivers come from the bit of land between Guildford and Leatherhead - 50% of the entire racing population perhaps??

Did you run on the full Cadwell circuit?? Including the Wood section, big Jags through Hall Bends.. interesting concept.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 12:37 (Ref:148271)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, we do have full grids. It's really took off this year. Oulton for example has 32 cars entered for the XJ race and 30 for the powered by Jaguar (mainly replica C-types, d-types listers etc...).

I can't comment on the location of all the drivers, but maybe it's something in the water?

Yes, we did use the full circuit. It was raining as well! It was very slippery under the trees. However overtaking was still possible. Not achieved by me, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an XJS dive down the inside of a d-type into the hairpin. Before I actually drove Cadwell I was convinced that an XJS was wider than the track out in the wood section! It takes all sorts!