Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 May 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4110001)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Colton Herta, well deserved and a great strategy call from his dad.

That's got to be one of the most chaotic races I've ever seen.
Old 15 May 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4110011)   #52
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

I agree. During the race I thought the best strategy call was when Rossi and Rahal were the first to change back to wet tires when the radar looked like there was significant rain headed in. I wish one of them had not pitted for reds as the track dried. Perhaps the lack of pace on the drying track wouldn't have made for any gains once the rain came back but it would have been interesting to see how it worked out. Brian Herta made the best call of the day bringing Colton in to be the first driver off the wet tires. At the time I thought that weather and yellows might put Colton back in mid pack but it worked out well for him. His one sideways moment cost him very little time and it was fun to see.
Old 15 May 2022, 02:21 (Ref:4110012)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Started fun. Could've been more fun, but a bit sloppy. I guess it could've been worse.
Quote:

I just got the chance to finish the race. I found it pretty exciting despite all of the stops and starts. Whenever weather is variable during a race it really makes for some interesting strategy calls. And the announcers kept talking about if somebody was getting it right, but it really just seemed like luck by the way the radar looked and then how wet the track got.

Power's consistency pays off again and he is now in the lead of the championship! After the luck he had last season it is pretty amazing to see him doing so well.

Pato is my favorite driver so I was gutted to see him have to pit for wets at the end. But also made me wonder about Rossi. He pitted early for wets, and it stayed dry. What would have happened if he put on wets again after burning up that first set? Can't remember how many more dry laps there were. Could he have made it work?
Old 15 May 2022, 02:55 (Ref:4110013)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With conditions very poor, it made it fun and ever changing, but I just wish they could've stayed green a little more as just when it seemed it was getting really good, FCY.
Old 15 May 2022, 03:16 (Ref:4110015)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is pretty incredible

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/s...36124806467584
Old 15 May 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4110063)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With conditions very poor, it made it fun and ever changing, but I just wish they could've stayed green a little more as just when it seemed it was getting really good, FCY.

Agreed, just a bit more green flag racing would have done it. However, despite the chaos and the FCYs, I enjoyed the race and was intrigued as to how the teams and drivers were going to adapt their strategies under the ever changing circumstances.
Old 15 May 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4110064)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Race Result:

After a chaotic race Colton Herta's win puts him 6th in the driver's championship. However, Will Power's 3rd place puts him on top with 170 points. Current champion Alex Palou is 2nd on 156 and Scott McLaughlin is 3rd on 152.

A couple of solid results from Marcus Ericsson 4th and Conor Daly 5th. Rookies, Callum Ilott and Christian Lungaard finished in the top 10 in 8th and 9th.

Honda will be pleased, with 4 cars in the first 6 finishers.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-officialraceresults.jpg  
Old 15 May 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4110096)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
This was the first time the Aeroscreen had been properly tested in wet conditions and there are some very interesting comments from a number of the drivers.

https://racer.com/2022/05/14/rain-po...en-at-indy-gp/
Old 15 May 2022, 20:00 (Ref:4110119)   #59
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
That was a very good 1st indycar race to attend for myself (not counting a CART race in the 90's at Road America).
  • No ticket necessary - We arrived 45 minutes prior to the revised start time to find out they were not scanning tickets, gate people were just welcoming people to the track, very pleasant!
  • I thought I would be spoiled by Road America (where you can roam free), however that was also the case for this event (why I chose it over the 500). Bought the cheapest ticket I could, then went anywhere I wanted. It was nice to get under the awning at the end to watch the finish in the rain, however having full access to go anywhere, regardless of ticket chosen, was AWESOME. Penske needs to just have TWO ticket classes for next year (PREFERRED, which is checked and gets you the VERY upper levels) and GENERAL, which gets you the infield and any/all oval stands, also pit infield stands.
  • Packed house. TV didn't catch much, but before the the storm came, it was much more packed than i though. Infield was full, Turn 1 oval was PACKED, turn 4 oval had ~6k people I'd say. I'd say overall attendance was ~20k.
  • TV's are awesome, PA system easy to hear, food/drink prices reasonable ($8 burger is good for event pricing).
  • Parking was awesome, they are just setup for the 500 so well that anything smaller seems too easy.
  • Indycar fans seem to drink/yell more than NASCAR fans, it was a bit annoying the level of "drunk" fans (versus casually drinking).
  • Cars look slow when compared to the massive facility. They should change the course a tad to allow it to flow more (carry more speed).
Old 16 May 2022, 00:50 (Ref:4110137)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This was the first time the Aeroscreen had been properly tested in wet conditions and there are some very interesting comments from a number of the drivers.

I wondered how it was for the drivers, I had a set of wipers on my car this week yet I couldn't see driving 25 mph on city roads during the worst conditions I've seen locally. It was wild, picked kids up from school and the first 2 miles I was just guessing, then got out of the cloud and it was fine. But it was bizarre for me too, rain was just sticking to my windshield. I wondered if going through the automatic carwash had left some residue that held water. It also hailed, which you never want to have on your car.
Old 16 May 2022, 09:17 (Ref:4110173)   #61
MR_LON
Rookie

MR_LON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was there a timing error during the race? both grosjean & palou were listed as finishing behind mclaughlin at the flag but the official results have them back up in 17th & 18th respectively.
Old 16 May 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4110236)   #62
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

They're gonna do it arent they? They're going to stop running in the rain on road courses too.
Old 16 May 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4110277)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
They're gonna do it arent they? They're going to stop running in the rain on road courses too.
I'm guessing a wiper of some type for next season. then might as well put a roof on it, make the cockpit a little wider......
Old 30 May 2022, 00:56 (Ref:4111951)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Hell yea! Love it!

https://twitter.com/RGrosjean/status...20231764672513
Old 30 May 2022, 03:49 (Ref:4111966)   #65
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's cool. Romain is another guy that I've done a 180 after he started racing in the States. Same with today's winner.
Old 30 May 2022, 03:50 (Ref:4111968)   #66
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm guessing a wiper of some type for next season. then might as well put a roof on it, make the cockpit a little wider......
No, no, no. This is all that is needed. It should be required by law for street cars, IMO.

Old 30 May 2022, 04:01 (Ref:4111973)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Straight in the washer bottle, green in summer, pink I think it is for winter now that we can buy actual cold weather mix