Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 May 2007, 05:37 (Ref:1920029)   #1
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Tivo or PVR Recording while In Europe

As I have previously stated before, I will be leaving for A-Dam on May 26th (this weekend) and I would like to find the best way to get Motor's TV coverage of the race on my laptop or by other means.

I sure I am not the only person that wants to record the whole thing and I'm positive Motor's coverage isn't more than Pre-Qualifying , Qualifying and Post Qualifying coverage, followed by maybe coverage of practice, pre-race, race itself and post race coverage.

Who else is capturing the event via the PC (PVR) or on a Tivo device has VHS is possible but tapes fill up quickly.

Can we get a thread started on this?
Old 24 May 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1920370)   #2
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just to size the request MotorsTV will broadcast 50 hours (yes, fifty) this year.
Old 24 May 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1920385)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
just to size the request MotorsTV will broadcast 50 hours (yes, fifty) this year.
Now that I'm the proud owner of a V+ box, I can record the entire fifty hours which I fully intend to watch in it's entirety when I get back home from Le Mans!

Unfortunately, I don't think that really helps dj4monie, sorry!
Old 24 May 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1920423)   #4
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie

Who else is capturing the event via the PC (PVR) or on a Tivo device has VHS is possible but tapes fill up quickly.
I capture all ALMS & LMS rounds on my SkyPlus box (PVR) and this can then burn DVDs with an attached DVDR.
However I can't think of any way a visitor could set up a SkyPlus. You need a satellite dish, a contract (12 Months?) & relevant local credit rating.

I think this could be done with a cable set-top box linked to a PC running XP Media Center edition if the cable feed was right - again a contract & credit rating would probably be required.

If you are staying in a hotel I reckon you could tap your PC into their cable feed

I'll ask an expert friend and report back.

Mariantic
Old 30 May 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1924525)   #5
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Thanks, I've been, uh busy

Anyway, I would be willing to help you edit the broadcast once its finished, just send me a DVD with the race and we can send each other back the final edit or I can just give you a donation for it.

50 hours of coverage is great, it will be filled mostly with interviews which we don't get in the States either really.

hook me up!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:47 (Ref:1928510)   #6
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Thanks, I've been, uh busy

Anyway, I would be willing to help you edit the broadcast once its finished, just send me a DVD with the race and we can send each other back the final edit or I can just give you a donation for it.

50 hours of coverage is great, it will be filled mostly with interviews which we don't get in the States either really.

hook me up!
Monday and Tuesday's coverage will be from the Place des Jacobins (tech), featuring interviews with as many drivers and team bosses as we can collar... Weds and Thurs will be full of qualifying action, with pit-lane interviews where we can get them (that will be where we discover JUST how unhelpful Peugeot are going to be - probably extremely!)

Friday's coverage will major on the Drivers' Parade, then from Satruday morning to Sunday night, it'll be warm-up, historics and 3-3 race live, with a couple of hours afterwards to wind down before we race for the Channel...

Apparently, it's 95% of a Sky+ hard drive...
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1928565)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent coverage last year.

I'll have to Sky+ the scrutinnering, don't have enough space for everything!

Who's the commentary team?
Old 4 Jun 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1928691)   #8
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Excellent coverage last year.

I'll have to Sky+ the scrutinnering, don't have enough space for everything!

Who's the commentary team?
LoL, time for you guys to add a Media Center PC to the mix and record everything in Divx for much SMALLER files.

I have been in Norway since last Thur and my hostess has local Sat TV here and its mostly in HD and it looks great! I believe the race is in HD as well and that might account for the big files in recording everything involved.

I'm still looking at recording the event but I don't know, I'll keep ya posted.