Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1419850)   #1
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750MC Snetterton 8 & 9 Oct

Not sure what the hold up was but tickets only arrived from MSV to 750MC HQ today so I won't get them till tomorrow morning.

I will try and get them all out by last post Friday and they will get to marshals on Sat or Monday. Sorry for lateness.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1419926)   #2
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Hi, not sure if I put myself down for this one or not, anyway can do the Sunday and will be bringing two others with me, please send me a pm and I will give you their details- thanks Martin
Old 1 Oct 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1421665)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, received tickets this morning (Sat) - many thanks.

Looks like we're all going to be busy!!

Terry
Old 1 Oct 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1421782)   #4
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
amazingly got my tickets today aswell ( i say amazingly as post round here is vared!)
But just a reminder Pete, wont be there until sat lunchtime ish
Old 3 Oct 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1422744)   #5
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have mine and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm guessing their will be a few championship deciders going on so the racing should be as good as ever.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1424037)   #6
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk
GT3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea of numbers? Just wondering if i should start to limber up for the Hot Hatches and Vee's!
Old 4 Oct 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1424038)   #7
snetmarshal
Racer

with your luck.... i would be ready to run!! LOL
Old 4 Oct 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1424040)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
vee's...about 40...dunno about the stocks though!!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1424205)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Stock Hatch at Snetterton this weekend. They conclude at Mallory Park two weeks later.

You can check the full entry details on www.750mc.co.uk.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1428787)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
To Peter and everyone involved in the 750mc snett meeting, many thanks for yet another superb weekend with some brilliant racing all the way through the programme.

Special mention must be made to the MG's in the last race of the day - I have heard people say occasionally that MGB's are a little bit agricultural in their engineering these days but I can confirm that they can harvest more sugar beet in five seconds (at 90mph side by side!!!) than any purpose built harvester can - just ask James Wheeler and Ian Prior. Jerry and Kevin I told you to be careful with those pork pies!

Thanks also to our crew on Senna,and those that helped out on Russell on Saturday and on Riches on Sunday with some great teamwork over both days.

Terry
Old 10 Oct 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1429951)   #11
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
To Peter and everyone involved in the 750mc snett meeting, many thanks for yet another superb weekend with some brilliant racing all the way through the programme.
I second that Terry, even with 5 Red Flags on the Saturday we still finished early and had a decent lunch break!. Even on the Sunday with the troubles in the Formula 4's race the meeting still only finished 10 mins late!.

With the Course Car and Rescue Units coming round with the Clerks and Rescue Bods waving made made me feel appriciated. Even when I was walking back to my car I had an MG Driver pull up on his way out of the circuit and personally thank me for giving up my time.

Quote:
with your luck.... i would be ready to run!! LOL
After seeing you during the Lunch Break Andy, you jinxed me ....... becasue i was visited by a Formula 4 at Coram - still can't find that magnet
Old 10 Oct 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1429956)   #12
snetmarshal
Racer

After seeing you during the Lunch Break Andy, you jinxed me ....... becasue i was visited by a Formula 4 at Coram - still can't find that magnet [/QUOTE]

well was nothing to do with me getting rid of mine during the lunch break! nothing at all!! Yes he did seem to go into coram hard especially as reds were being displayed!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1429981)   #13
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3
After seeing you during the Lunch Break Andy, you jinxed me ....... becasue i was visited by a Formula 4 at Coram - still can't find that magnet
Only one Formula 4!, Someone in my crew had all the magnets working to full power in the afternoon! Also seemed to work well on MG's!!

Think yourself lucky, I could have filled in two report sheets with all the numbers of the one's involved in our F4 incident at Riches! I believe I was lucky that in the end that I only managed to end up with two that needed recovery, the rest all managed to hobble away in various states of disrepair - some only to Sear I think - some back to the pits!

But I suppose I should apologise to you for having to call the stoppage that possibly caused your high speed visitor!!

Terry
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1430112)   #14
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened in the F4 race ?
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1430120)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First race was red-flagged near the end, with Chris Lewis declared the winner. I think the incident(s) must have been at the Esses or Bomb Hole - out of my sight anyway. I think Nick Barnett was involved.

The second race got as far as the first corner before several cars conspired to go off, bringing out the reds. I think (one of the guys above will correct me) someone then went off at Coram.

The restart got a little further, and was then red flagged - again something out of my view.

Finally, a 10 minute plus one lap encounter was won by Chris Lewis. There were no cars on the grid for that restart between Andy Woolley on the outside of row one - pole position having been left empty as a tribute to Adrian Kidd - and Chris on the inside of row five.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1430140)   #16
snetmarshal
Racer

We were at Bombhole and just a car or two pulled of with mechanical prbs etc. Wasnt us the cause of the Red flag, we were curious too as to why was stopped
Old 10 Oct 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1430157)   #17
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Ian,

Very Good Summary - I could have done with you at Riches on the first lap of the second race, with you commentating on who was making contact with who so that I could just concentrate on my short-hand notes!!

Thanks for the excellent commentary over the weekend, it was certainly entertaining from my position on Senna on Saturday being able to both listen and watch you in action in the Greenhouse.

Most of the races should have had a health warning attached for you due to the close finishes and battles for position through the fields. We were getting rather concerned for your well-being at times!!!

Terry
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1430197)   #18
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
terry , you had "QUIET DAY" at riches saturaday was fine in quailfing,nothin reported by me , racing it all started to go wrong,f-vee 3 wheels attached other at trye wall car edge of track.
locost 4 "ivolved"
f-vee 2 different races, 1 in feild.each time one pusehd clear by me and john jepson.
varius other minor inicdents

sear only had couple cars sunday including F4 from you to clear.

peter
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1430201)   #19
snetmarshal
Racer

Well am starting to feel very lucky, on sunday at Bombhole there was only mechanical probs!! having said that, now means all hell will break lose at Esses this sunday!!!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1430204)   #20
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Should mention that I had no-one turn up for the assembly area, so Stan (the fire truck man) stepped into the breach assisted by Doug Woodrow to run the area all weekend.

Now this was Stan's return after his illness (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73913) and he's not allowed to drive and is supposed to take it a bit easy. He had never done assembly before (nor had Doug).

I only guided them through the first practice and race, so I think that was a tremendous feat to keep it all going the whole weekend in a new job on the first day back. Thanks Stan and Doug
Old 10 Oct 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1430253)   #21
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete, thanks for a great day on Sunday, excellent day at the 'Esses' even the weather was kind, the chaps got back ok and wish me to pass there thanks on too.
Winter well and we (god willing) will see you all next year for some more fun - thank you.
Balders
Old 11 Oct 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1430611)   #22
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope I'm not chipping in on a Marshals Forum,but..............yet again the 750MC meeting on both Sat & Sun was fantastic!! So many people I could mention here, but, it was really great that Andy Shepherd (+ his team!) won in both the Hot Hatch races-he really deserved to do well and Rob Huff was SO, SO sideways through Coram in both the MG races (& the practices too for that matter)! Looking forward to more of the same & to SaxMax in 2006 now (not sure if we can make Mallory in a fortnight's time-will certainly try to now though!)! Pure magic!! Sal
Old 11 Oct 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1430654)   #23
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
SSAL - If you do make it to Mallory, come and say hello to a fellow Colchestarian.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1430966)   #24
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by snetmarshal
We were at Bombhole and just a car or two pulled of with mechanical prbs etc. Wasnt us the cause of the Red flag, we were curious too as to why was stopped
IIRC the red's were caused each time by cars beached on the bank at Russell in a dangerous position.

Quote:
The second race got as far as the first corner before several cars conspired to go off, bringing out the reds. I think (one of the guys above will correct me) someone then went off at Coram
Yeah, when the Red's came out all the cars slowed, then all i saw was tyre smoke and a F4 coming my way. I don't think he saw the Red's and said he went off trying to avoid hitting the slower cars in front.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1431163)   #25
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
SSAL - If you do make it to Mallory, come and say hello to a fellow Colchestarian.
Will do Peter!

SSAL