Old 13 Dec 2005, 03:19 (Ref:1482789)   #1
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the Mercy of the rumor mill!!!

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...icle&sid=25113

Hmmm??... Maybe.... Just maybe??..... Dare I say it?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 05:07 (Ref:1482823)   #2
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope this is a good sign, I would almost do anything for 1 open wheel racing series in north america.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 05:17 (Ref:1482830)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a billionaire and a millionaire dining in secret? to talk socially about what? their portfolios? the women of Las Vegas? or what is wrong with open wheel and how to get the two together and manufacturers interested in full....
Old 13 Dec 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1483237)   #4
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe they were just discussing how Dan and Sebastien were getting on at the Race of Champions.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1483343)   #5
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anything will happen before 2007. Only then will the pressure be on the IRL teams for movement if things do not shape up.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1483378)   #6
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it doesn't mean anything.

They probably just accidentally bumped into one another
Old 13 Dec 2005, 23:48 (Ref:1483545)   #7
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried copying and pasting the URL contained in the first post in this thread onto the address bar of my Internet browser , but nothing happens.

In fact I have not been able to get into the home page of that web site at all . I have been trying for the last three or four days . The browser just hangs, it doesn't say it can't find the pages, which is very odd . I have not had any problems with any other local or international web sites in that period .

Is their problem with that website, or was it just me?

Thanks, Chris.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1483922)   #8
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, think about this for a minute.

They were "assigned" the same table at a banquet. It's highly unlikely that they were the ONLY ones assigned to that table, in that scenario. With other people joining them (whoever they were is immaterial), it's highly unlikely that it would have been appropriate to discuss any business there, if they had any to discuss.

Therefore, KK's comment about it is probably correct. Not the big shakes some are making it out to be.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1483998)   #9
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's more than likely no big deal. They were there simply to support their drivers.

It's like having the CEO of Pepsi and the CEO of Coca Cola having dinner together, and then all-of-a-sudden there's rumors of a merger!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1484205)   #10
Uesque
Racer

Ukraine
Pittsburgh, PA
Uesque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Well, think about this for a minute.

They were "assigned" the same table at a banquet. It's highly unlikely that they were the ONLY ones assigned to that table, in that scenario. With other people joining them (whoever they were is immaterial), it's highly unlikely that it would have been appropriate to discuss any business there, if they had any to discuss.

Therefore, KK's comment about it is probably correct. Not the big shakes some are making it out to be.
Assigning the two of them to the same table would be a protocol faux pas of the highest order without having both of them approve it first. That being said, I still don't read any hope of unification into the meeting.
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1484213)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's weird. And I'd like to think it is true. However the source is a reliable one. Obviously they were talking about unification, else it would have been stupid not to but if it was talk socialy, man I can't understand why them to would wish to talk together, this whole thing is beyond my mind. I need to go chizel my brain or something.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1484265)   #12
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What source for what is considered "reliable" and why is it "obviously" they were talking about unification?

All that's been reported credibly is that they were at the same dinner table together at a banquet function around the ROC somewhere in France and that KK said the talk was merely "social."

I don't know how they do banquet tables in France, but normally they seat eight or 10 in the U.S. Who were the other people at the table and why would it have been appropriate to talk unification around them?

I imagine both were very careful about how they acted around each other in front of people.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1484271)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
What source for what is considered "reliable" and why is it "obviously" they were talking about unification?
It was Autoweek in what I believe is creditable.

At first I thought it was just them two at a dinner table, so it would have been crazy for them to not have talked about it, unless you are from another planet.....
Old 14 Dec 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1484276)   #14
indycool
Veteran

Not having read the Autoweek article and just picking up only what I posted, they MIGHT have discussed business if they were the only two at the table, but why would they pick a place like an open banquet to even do that?
Old 15 Dec 2005, 00:36 (Ref:1484357)   #15
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just ask the bossman.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 01:24 (Ref:1484372)   #16
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have opened Pandora's Box... Moderators do what you must with this thread.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 02:01 (Ref:1484386)   #17
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh good, another unification thread....

How many times do KK have to state that Champcar is looking after Champcar related matters only for people to get the message.....

Please.....not now, not during the month of may, can we never hear of the reunification word again......
It's quite clear that it's going to take one series to dissapear to get one open wheel series in north america...they've had numerous chances to merge and they've all ended up being "a waste of gas" so they're not likely to do so NOW.....
Old 15 Dec 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1484419)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and thats the end of this thread.

Lets ONCE AGAIN leave it until there is something concrete shall we.