Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Oct 2007, 21:07 (Ref:2052375)   #1
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
Johnny1lap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans: Chasing the dream

The new DVD is cuming out on the 5th of November. Its about Rollcentre racing and Stuart Hall. http://www.big-pic.co.uk/chasing/chasingthedream.shtml looks good
Old 26 Oct 2007, 21:45 (Ref:2052391)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's already on my Christmas list.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 10:39 (Ref:2052567)   #3
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so it should be its great!

Right now I'm trying to persuade the makers to do a third!
Old 27 Oct 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2052743)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1lap
The new DVD is cuming out on the 5th of November. Its about Rollcentre racing and Stuart Hall. http://www.big-pic.co.uk/chasing/chasingthedream.shtml looks good

Interesting first post Johnny, do you have any connection with the publishers......?
Old 27 Oct 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2052795)   #5
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
so it should be its great!

Right now I'm trying to persuade the makers to do a third!
Let me know if you need any help! They do an awesome job.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2052903)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Interesting first post Johnny, do you have any connection with the publishers......?
Indeed. I wonder if he'll turn out to be Johnny1post?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 06:23 (Ref:2053025)   #7
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anywhere to buy it in the US
Old 28 Oct 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2053063)   #8
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't this brought up a week or so ago? Or am I thinking of another forum!

If you go to http://www.big-pic.co.uk there are details for US purchasers.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 10:10 (Ref:2053119)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Wasn't this brought up a week or so ago? Or am I thinking of another forum!
Yes, but there was no release date at the time.

Original thread.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 13:09 (Ref:2053233)   #10
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having done all my recent shopping for DVDs at Tescos my first thought was "Twenty Pounds!"

But, I enjoyed the previous disc of Rollcentre campaigning the Radical, so I shall be asking so-called Santa Claus if he could do the honours.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 14:14 (Ref:2053274)   #11
Matra-simca
Rookie

United States
Durham, NC
Matra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in Durham, North Carolina and received "Chasing the Dream" several days ago. I haven't unwrapped it yet as I'm waiting for a new laptop. But if it's better than last year's production, which I thought was very well done, then we're in for treat, especially after considering DSC's ringing endorsement.

Todd
Old 28 Oct 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2053371)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its better! A whole load better.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 09:26 (Ref:2053854)   #13
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there more race footage in this one? Lots of rain I suppose!
Old 29 Oct 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2054154)   #14
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
yes quite a lot more racing
Old 30 Oct 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2054865)   #15
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont want to spoil a party but I've already got this as the publishers(?) were doing the two at a discounted price. Awsome vid and I must say Stuart shows the typical F3 primadonna attitude at times. Quick lad though !

ETA: V quick delivery too. Ordered online last thursday received in post friday! Excellent service!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2055757)   #16
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did you get it from? I'm one of the few that hasn't yet seen the first...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:11 (Ref:2055866)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
Where did you get it from? I'm one of the few that hasn't yet seen the first...
I followed a link www.a-pp.com/shop/videoLM2.htm

I think the offer was a two day deal though but Im sure they will still ship the two together.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2055964)   #18
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont mean to upset anyone, but this DVD is terrible........I was going to start a thread saying saying so, but thought better of it.......stuart hall just came accross as a tantrum thrower over even minor things.......although I will agree, his pace in the wet qualifying was very good, and he helped finish the race in teribble conditions........I think he just needs to calm down a little, as his current attitude will not earn him the works status he currently desires.

I dont believe all his income is from stacking shelves, he is way too well spoken for that, I felt that part was a particular con.......the DVD featured hardly any detail of the actual race events, and how they finished 4th.

once the DVD finished I honestly wondered why I 'd bothered.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 06:55 (Ref:2056561)   #19
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
I think his parents own the shop where he stacks the shelves, so its artistic license to use the shelf stacker line. Yes he is a primadonna but a quick one and no more so than some of the other single seater boys I have met! Shorty sorts him out and I feel in time the petulance will be lost and a mature endurance racer will emerge!
The fact that Creation have given him a drive bodes well for the future and I hope to see him at LeMans next year!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2056617)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
I think his parents own the shop where he stacks the shelves, so its artistic license to use the shelf stacker line. Yes he is a primadonna but a quick one and no more so than some of the other single seater boys I have met! Shorty sorts him out and I feel in time the petulance will be lost and a mature endurance racer will emerge!
The fact that Creation have given him a drive bodes well for the future and I hope to see him at LeMans next year!

Having met Stuart on a number of occasions the 'prima donna' tag is totally off the mark - Guys you need to consider two things - first that the finished film shows what the director chooses - and of course he's going to choose moments which show action and drama - either on track or off, and second this is also a film which shows the reality of what surrounds the racing - and all too often, particularly at LM, that includes long periods of inaction for the drivers - I think that's what you saw from Stuart, certainly not anything less than a bit of a strop.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 09:43 (Ref:2056649)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes, I've only heard good things about Stuart's demeanour. A nice lad, by all accounts.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 11:20 (Ref:2056764)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Dont get me wrong people, I was only implying he was premadonna'ish as far as being young and petulant! We are all prone to those types of outburst, no? I really like him and dont want to appear down on him for being impatient! God knows I would have been the same in that position but the film as a whole is a good insight for those of us not lucky enough to be involved at that level.
I marshal, but have very little experience of being in "there" so my comments are purely as a viewer of the film, which I happen to like purely from a petrolheads perspective.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Martin Short for letting them make the film in the first place, and for the rest of the team for being so sporting and supportive of a young and very promising driver.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 12:36 (Ref:2056844)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Dont get me wrong people.........
I think it's fair to say that your comments (and knighty's) are simply a reflection of the way Stuart has been portrayed (read edited ) in the film. I haven't seen the film yet, but it sounds like the footage may be slightly misleading, the other Stuart Hall (the one those who know him are more familiar with) having been left on the cutting room floor. And if that's the way he came across, there's absolutely nothing wrong in you saying so.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 13:27 (Ref:2056889)   #24
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I think it's fair to say that your comments (and knighty's) are simply a reflection of the way Stuart has been portrayed (read edited ) in the film. I haven't seen the film yet, but it sounds like the footage may be slightly misleading, the other Stuart Hall (the one those who know him are more familiar with) having been left on the cutting room floor. And if that's the way he came across, there's absolutely nothing wrong in you saying so.
your spot on correct there, this is just what I said on the piston heads forum and forgot to say here!.......so here gos.......this film dosent do him any favours....... glad to hear hes a more level headed chap in real life, I have dealt with a few young drivers before, and I must say it was a horrid experience, especially when daddy gets involved......but his dad seemed to keep well back, so that will go in his favour, as I know a few BTCC drivers who have lost their drives due to very pushy dads, and no, I'm not mentioning names!........ I didnt know Creation had snapped him up, best of luck!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2057155)   #25
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
I dont mean to upset anyone, but this DVD is terrible.........
I'm not that negative about the new DVD, but to be honest I thought last year's copy was better. The '06-version was a very pleasant insight of the Rollcenter team and a lot more focused on the team as a whole. I for one learned to apreciate mr. Short the quick way by that film, and I just haven't got the same feeling with mr. Hall after seeing this year's episode. I can fully understand and apreciate John Matthews had to take a different approach compared to last year, but I think the attention is too much on Stuart. Le Mans is a team effort, and this doesn't really come forward in this year's version. In some way I think if the '06 and the '07 stories were swopped, there would have been an improvement. Maybe "In the Lap of the Gods" spoiled me too much.

Anyway - I still think it's worth it's money, and was glad to see Martin didn't loose his sense of humor yet. Looking forward to the '08-episode!