Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jun 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3090352)   #26
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
That's open to all sorts of interpretations - I hope Mrs MM is very understanding!!
I'm spending all three days reporting Dijon. First up is this weekend at Spa Summer Classic, then down to find out how the Schlumpe Collection has progressed before Dijon. I might as well go live in mainland Europe during the summer!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3095284)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Leaving Stoke Row soon do I need to load up a rain coat
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3095299)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Scorchio on weekend. Could be hot leaning on that pitwall!

Looks like damp today though and poss tomorrow some as well.

Have fun!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3095379)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No pit wall for me Mike. Im RACING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3095387)   #30
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Leaving the office in a couple of hours to rendez-vous with Delta! We need to get there for the 0930 free practice, the rest of tomorrow looks damp, whereas at 0930 hopefully the mist will have cleared but the rain not yet arrived!

Very excited about this weekend! Dijon newboy!

James
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3095539)   #31
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
I'm spending all three days reporting Dijon. First up is this weekend at Spa Summer Classic, then down to find out how the Schlumpe Collection has progressed before Dijon. I might as well go live in mainland Europe during the summer!
Take my advice - come & live in mainland Europe full-time! I've been in France for almost eight years & don't regret a moment. The worst aspect now is the prospect of delays for those Border Farce work-to-rules when returning to Britain. Haven't been over since all that started so don't know what to expect; presumably the regular sour-faced woman at Dover will be even more sour than usual!!

Likewise I should be reporting from Dijon this weekend but family illness is severly curtailing travel at the moment, otherwise I would make aquaintance (or do we already know each other?).

Hopefully normal service will be resumed in time for Zandvoort, Goodwood Revival & Spa 6-Hours, maybe even Dijon in October although it does clash with BRM in Bourne.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3097053)   #32
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know if results are on line for this event ?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3097083)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post
anyone know if results are on line for this event ?
Can't find any! So far entry list on the website but no links to any timing or results. Looked at last year's thread and nothing there either. Shame as want to check on a few cars and drivers!

Old 24 Jun 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3097237)   #34
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds as though Iain enjoyed the weekend despite not having a great time racing. He travelled in HRSTR5's motorhome, and they ran out of fuel a short time ago (luckily within 300m of a services). I'm sure we'll get a full report tomorrow.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3097390)   #35
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren goes missing

Marcus, what happened? Suddenly no Mclaren, You disappeared off the radar?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3097611)   #36
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
It sounds as though Iain enjoyed the weekend despite not having a great time racing. He travelled in HRSTR5's motorhome, and they ran out of fuel a short time ago (luckily within 300m of a services). I'm sure we'll get a full report tomorrow.
Yes indeed ... Iain was regaling us with stories whilst the motorhome pilot drove blithely past the last filling station we could comfortably make ... 40kms to the next one ... it turned out that we had 39.5kms of diesel left if driven most frugally. Iain did the remaining 500m in his running kit and reappeared 15mins later with a can of diesel, and we didn't have to bleed it either so that's a result. Still made our Eurotunnel booking with plenty of time to spare.

Great weekend, fabulous circuit - fuller report later.

James
Old 25 Jun 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3097685)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Arry flatters this week so you will have to wait for full report. All I can say is that was the most fun meeting with two top blokes as company.
Well done Louis and Patric Quino for organising a great event. A toot A larrrrr.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3097778)   #38
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Marcus, what happened? Suddenly no Mclaren, You disappeared off the radar?

I think a head gasket failed, anyhow engine pumped oil all over itself at the end of lap 3 or 4. The good news was that we still have 80 litres of fuel onboard.
The bad news is that the new engine which should have been ready by now in the US also has a problem and is not going to be ready in time for the Silverstone Classic, so we have to try to fix the existing one. Hopefully not too difficult.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3097843)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Once you get this big power thing out of your system Marcus you need to come back and race in FJ.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3098327)   #40
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.pmorganisation.fr/en/telechargements.html

All results avalaible on our website.

Thank you all for being part of the event !
Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3098822)   #41
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
http://www.pmorganisation.fr/en/telechargements.html

All results avalaible on our website.

Thank you all for being part of the event !
Hello Louis and I really enjoyed reporting the weekend. I also found it impossible to download results yesterday but have printed versions except the second E Type race I collected from the media office, they were very helpful throughout the meeting. You may enjoy our images and interim reports www.retro-speed.co.uk I will add some pictures here hopefully today.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3099299)   #42
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hello Louis and I really enjoyed reporting the weekend. I also found it impossible to download results yesterday but have printed versions except the second E Type race I collected from the media office, they were very helpful throughout the meeting. You may enjoy our images and interim reports www.retro-speed.co.uk I will add some pictures here hopefully today.
Thanks for your report, "advertising" our sport is very important ! What the french public said on the forums is great : "those guy are going for it !" and I have to say that without all of you, the meeting wouldn't be the same.

My car didn't work as the engine went in my out lap but I'll be back later in the year to try again !

Anyway, here is a picture you'll like with the Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or Girls

Old 28 Jun 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3099530)   #43
retrognome
Racer

Images From Dijon

A few pictures showing close up of Julian Majzub in his Sadler MK3
the Voyazides/Hadfield Cobra in the pits, the HGPCA Pre 61 Sportscar Race and the Jose Beltramelli Lotus Eleven.
Attached Thumbnails
Dijon 2012 Sunday 002.jpg   Dijon 2012 Sunday 007.jpg   Dijon 2012 Sunday 008.jpg  

Dijon 2012 Sunday 006.jpg  

Last edited by retrognome; 28 Jun 2012 at 18:20.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3099533)   #44
retrognome
Racer

[QUOTE=retrognome;3099530]A few pictures showing close up of Julian Majzub in his Sadler MK3
the Voyazides/Hadfield Cobra in the pits, the HGPCA Pre 61 Sportscar Race and the Jose Beltramelli Lotus Eleven, and of course Marcus,
Attached Thumbnails
Dijon 2012 Sunday 011.jpg