Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jun 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4054582)   #3626
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
In the judicial reports you often see the phrase "This penalty was classed by the BTCC Clerk to be a Strike under CR 4.4.5.", which leads me to believe that any penalty not including this phrase is not a Strike.

So at Thruxton Turkington got a Strike in race 1, and Neate and Ingram in race 2. But no other incidents resulted in a Strike.
At the risk of labouring the point - I'm not certain that Turkington or Ingram received a Strike.
Why do I say this? The BTCC regulations state that a Strike is awarded when a penalty under regulation C1.1.5. - but not for any other regulation.
Neate's penalty was awarded under regulation C1.1.5, but Turkington's was under Q12.21.4 and Ingram's under Q12.21.1.

Neate's penalty in 2020 was also under C1.1.5 - so he is definitely on two strikes and 5 penalty points in the last 12 months. Which, going back to the original thought - it could be that being one strike away from further sanction is part of the reasoning behind sitting out the meeting. Although the strike from 2020 was awarded on 20 Sep, so there is a while yet before that drops off.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4054585)   #3627
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
At the risk of labouring the point - I'm not certain that Turkington or Ingram received a Strike.
Why do I say this? The BTCC regulations state that a Strike is awarded when a penalty under regulation C1.1.5. - but not for any other regulation.
Neate's penalty was awarded under regulation C1.1.5, but Turkington's was under Q12.21.4 and Ingram's under Q12.21.1.

Neate's penalty in 2020 was also under C1.1.5 - so he is definitely on two strikes and 5 penalty points in the last 12 months. Which, going back to the original thought - it could be that being one strike away from further sanction is part of the reasoning behind sitting out the meeting. Although the strike from 2020 was awarded on 20 Sep, so there is a while yet before that drops off.
you must be still reading an old set of regulations
the 2021 regs says:

Any driver who has received a penalty of any kind, as listed in General Regulations C2.1.1 that relates to driving standards, will (on the judgement of the Clerk Of Course) be given a ‘Strike’.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4054589)   #3628
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
you must be still reading an old set of regulations
the 2021 regs says:

Any driver who has received a penalty of any kind, as listed in General Regulations C2.1.1 that relates to driving standards, will (on the judgement of the Clerk Of Course) be given a ‘Strike’.
Just noticed - yes. Thanks.

So looking at C2.1.1, the range of penalties includes a reprimand - so it seems that those drivers who received an official reprimand would also have been recorded as a 'Strike' under BTCC regulation 4.5.5?

If so - the full list of current penalties would read:
Points in last 12 months:
Neate-5
Turkington-3
Butel-3
Gornall-3
Ingram-2
Butcher-2
Brown-2
Cammish-2
Proctor-2
Crees-2

Strikes in last 12 months:
Neate-2
Ingram-2
Turkington-1
Butel-1
Gornall-1
Butcher-1
Brown-1
Cammish-1
Proctor-1
Crees-1
Morgan-1
Sutton-1
Thompson-1

Points this season:
Neate-3
Turkington-3
Ingram-2

And the first of these to drop off is Brown's 2pts and strike from Donington in August, followed by Gornall's 3pts and strike from Knockhill in August.

Of the current drivers - Neate's pts and strike from Thruxton expire on 20 Sep, so a while to go yet.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4054651)   #3629
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just noticed - yes. Thanks.

So looking at C2.1.1, the range of penalties includes a reprimand - so it seems that those drivers who received an official reprimand would also have been recorded as a 'Strike' under BTCC regulation 4.5.5?

If so - the full list of current penalties would read:
Points in last 12 months:
Neate-5
Turkington-3
Butel-3
Gornall-3
Ingram-2
Butcher-2
Brown-2
Cammish-2
Proctor-2
Crees-2

Strikes in last 12 months:
Neate-2
Ingram-2
Turkington-1
Butel-1
Gornall-1
Butcher-1
Brown-1
Cammish-1
Proctor-1
Crees-1
Morgan-1
Sutton-1
Thompson-1

Points this season:
Neate-3
Turkington-3
Ingram-2

And the first of these to drop off is Brown's 2pts and strike from Donington in August, followed by Gornall's 3pts and strike from Knockhill in August.

Of the current drivers - Neate's pts and strike from Thruxton expire on 20 Sep, so a while to go yet.
No, Butcher has had two in the last 12 months, and as far as I can see Ingram only one.

I may have missed an Ingram one though, so if you tell me where you think he got the first, I'll double check.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 20:05 (Ref:4054655)   #3630
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
No, Butcher has had two in the last 12 months, and as far as I can see Ingram only one.

I may have missed an Ingram one though, so if you tell me where you think he got the first, I'll double check.
Thanks - I'm tracking the following:

Butcher picking up 2 points and 1 strike at Snetterton 2020. Where was the other strike?
Ingram picking up 2 points and 1 strike at Thruxton 2021, and 1 strike at Croft 2020. (Race 2 - 'Tom Ingram was penalised by means of a reprimand for gaining an unfair advantage whereby he was found to have cut the chicane')
Old 5 Jun 2021, 23:53 (Ref:4054780)   #3631
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks - I'm tracking the following:

Butcher picking up 2 points and 1 strike at Snetterton 2020. Where was the other strike?
Ingram picking up 2 points and 1 strike at Thruxton 2021, and 1 strike at Croft 2020. (Race 2 - 'Tom Ingram was penalised by means of a reprimand for gaining an unfair advantage whereby he was found to have cut the chicane')
Neither Ingram nor Morgan got a strike in round 20.

Butcher picked up one at each of Croft and Snetterton.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 11:38 (Ref:4054820)   #3632
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just catching up on the socials.

Bartrum is not happy about how Neate is being treated - https://fb.watch/5YrdEFBt5H/
Old 7 Jun 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4055072)   #3633
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Just catching up on the socials.

Bartrum is not happy about how Neate is being treated - https://fb.watch/5YrdEFBt5H/
Aww diddums. Nice to see he calls the majority (because it was a majority of fans saying he shouldn't be on the grid) of fans idiots.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4055074)   #3634
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Aww diddums. Nice to see he calls the majority (because it was a majority of fans saying he shouldn't be on the grid) of fans idiots.
Can’t he give an opinion about it which most fans are saying they are doing about Neate
Old 7 Jun 2021, 09:42 (Ref:4055081)   #3635
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Majority of fans posting on social media is not the same thing as the majority of fans. Generally it's the same few posting the same comments over and over every time either Neate or Hamilton is mentioned.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4055089)   #3636
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Majority of fans posting on social media is not the same thing as the majority of fans. Generally it's the same few posting the same comments over and over every time either Neate or Hamilton is mentioned.

It's always worth taking care to recognise that the majority of comments does not necessarily mean the majority of people's thoughts.

Remember - 'Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise'
Old 7 Jun 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4055100)   #3637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I notice most comments about Neate have been fair, he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory, but some comments on social media go too far. You can be critical without being abusive
Old 7 Jun 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4055142)   #3638
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the story with Shaun stepping away from the team?
Old 7 Jun 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4055160)   #3639
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post

Where did you get that from? I’m wondering if Blundell might take over if that is so
Old 7 Jun 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4055162)   #3640
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Where did you get that from? I’m wondering if Blundell might take over if that is so
Shaun already has. I believe his management of Hill is the only involvement he has with the team.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4055168)   #3641
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The full story is in Autosport, but in summary:

'2021 started as a conversation with David Bartrum that turned into a conversation to actually merge Motorbase and AmD. Then, he says he knew it was always in the back of his mind that the end of doing touring cars would come at some point. As long as the merger was going well - in his view that was "job done".'
His only BTCC role is now as part of Jake's management team, and as part of the Pitch BTCC production team. He still runs AmD Tuning, but not the BTCC team.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4055210)   #3642
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The full story is in Autosport, but in summary:

'2021 started as a conversation with David Bartrum that turned into a conversation to actually merge Motorbase and AmD. Then, he says he knew it was always in the back of his mind that the end of doing touring cars would come at some point. As long as the merger was going well - in his view that was "job done".'
His only BTCC role is now as part of Jake's management team, and as part of the Pitch BTCC production team. He still runs AmD Tuning, but not the BTCC team.
Thanks for posting this, I wasn't aware of that as got a bit lost in the whole Motorbase/AmD/Blundell/Osborne story. Although I assumed this is the case when I saw Shaun in Pitch BTCC, would be a bit awkward to have a team owner/boss doing a media job around the paddock.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4055226)   #3643
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great onboard from Nic Hamilton. I don't think I could drive a car like that. Fair play to him. https://youtu.be/8rOHUDBHf3M
Old 8 Jun 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4055287)   #3644
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Craner Curves;4055226]Great onboard from Nic Hamilton. I don't think I could drive a car like that. Fair play to him. https://youtu.be/8rOHUDBHf3M[/QUOTE

Team Hard do some great stuff to show the workings of the team and what it takes to make a race car.
I thought Team Dynamics & WSR with their bigger budgets would of done more stuff to promote themselves and engage the BTCC fans.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4055313)   #3645
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Great onboard from Nic Hamilton. I don't think I could drive a car like that. Fair play to him. https://youtu.be/8rOHUDBHf3M

That really shows the work behind the wheel. Cheers
Old 8 Jun 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4055331)   #3646
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Nice video from HARD. Bit weird that they dubbed it to sound like he was commentating while driving but I guess that gets more engagement or some other media thing that I know nothing about. Given the physical limitations Nic is one hell of a peddler for sure.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4055350)   #3647
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Great stuff!

Sort of related: anyone know how Glynn Geddies car is? Hoping all is well and the lad has a "dull" weekend compared to last time out.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4055383)   #3648
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice video from HARD. Bit weird that they dubbed it to sound like he was commentating while driving but I guess that gets more engagement or some other media thing that I know nothing about. Given the physical limitations Nic is one hell of a peddler for sure.
Not weird at all. Commentating while driving would need mic(s) set up to capture his voice, which could well be quite muffled while driving. Where as dubbing it after makes it nice and clear. The method they have used just needs the go-pro running for the video, then a simple sound file dropping over the top which is much less effort than setting up mics for a quick video.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4055386)   #3649
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Not weird at all. Commentating while driving would need mic(s) set up to capture his voice, which could well be quite muffled while driving. Where as dubbing it after makes it nice and clear. The method they have used just needs the go-pro running for the video, then a simple sound file dropping over the top which is much less effort than setting up mics for a quick video.
I realise that but that's not the point I was making.

They've added effects to make it sound like he was actually commentating in real time rather than the audio being clear as it would be with a later overlay. It's a weird mix of present and past tense as well.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4055420)   #3650
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Worked for me. Sounded like we were listening to Nic "live".