Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Jul 2002, 23:31 (Ref:344246)   #1
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you support sponsors or wear motorsport clothing?

The fact that you men and women participate on this forum shows that you enjoy/support motorsports, CART, F1, touring cars,etc...,but how many of you try to support those sponsors that support motorsports? Do you like wearing those sponsors logos on your clothes?? Do you buy Hewlett Packard computers, drink Coca Cola or drive a Honda,etc... Some fans say you should do it, but do you really promote your brand of motorsports and sponsors???

On a side note, I noticed it considerably this year at the Vancouver Molson Indy, many race fans were wearing motorsport (CART or F1) related clothing at this years Indy. In previous years, I never noticed as many people?? Did you or do you notice it at the races you attended? How about the ETCC, DTM and BTCC,etc...

In the last year, I have made a point to support the sponsors of motorsports by wearing motorsport related or inspired clothing. HOW ABOUT YOU???

Last edited by kmchow; 27 Jul 2002 at 23:34.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 03:20 (Ref:344285)   #2
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sometimes i try to wear t-shirts promoting my Uncle's motorcycle team but when I do I usually look like a redneck!
Old 28 Jul 2002, 10:50 (Ref:344443)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Favourite piece of Motorsport Clothing is my Jaguar Pit Shirt.

However I am not a Jaguar supporter. I can often be found slagging off Mr Irvine and Mr Lauda on this site.

I just think its a pretty swish piece of clothing.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 14:20 (Ref:344525)   #4
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never where any motorsport clothing to an event. It is just not done if you work in the sport. A discreet logo on a golf shirt is OK, but most stuff one can buy is OTT.

I support sponsors though. Even though I am in the states, and it is hard to follow the BTCC, I bought an SVT Contour (Mondeo ST 200) partially because of the Mondeos that were racing that series.

KM
Old 28 Jul 2002, 14:38 (Ref:344538)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a lot of gear, but generally I wear my work shirts (RFM Sports or 10-Tenths Motorsports) because that helps the people I'm interviewing or seeking interviews from to identify me. Always wear my 10-Tenths cap too.

However, I have event shirts from every event I attend and I have a Target (Bruno) mouse mat at home and a Molson Indy Toronto mug at work. And being Canadian of course I drink Molsons products and recommend them to my friends!

At the moment I am wearing my Le Mans 2000 shirt.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 14:54 (Ref:344552)   #6
Erdosfreak
Rookie

Erdosfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i gotta a MG and Barwell shirt, British American racing bag amd shirt
and my favourites Lexus shirt and hat.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 15:09 (Ref:344568)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have got a MG baseball cap and drive a Rover, so there is a connection there........
Old 28 Jul 2002, 15:14 (Ref:344575)   #8
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an Egg Sport t-shirt, a Williams Rothmans Renault pit shirt from about 97, a Barwell tshirt, two Honda fleeces, a Mondeo (2000) rugby shirt, a Vectra polo shirt, and finally two Egg caps which i don't wear cos they're a weird shape. Oh i have an old F1 tshirt somewhere.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 16:09 (Ref:344617)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I support MG, have a few accesories and also a full scale MG!
Old 28 Jul 2002, 17:42 (Ref:344659)   #10
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
I have a black Ferrari polo shirt, a black Ferrari t-shirt, several Bavarian Autosport t-shirts, a Joest racing t-shirt, an Orient Express Racing t-shirt, a Subaru World Rally Team t-shirt, and several F-1 hats.

I wish I had some BTCC-related clothes though!!
Old 28 Jul 2002, 18:19 (Ref:344677)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a large collection of caps but as I follow/support a lot of people in BTCC & BTC-P I wear a Clio's team hat.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 19:24 (Ref:344712)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
have to admit to not owning any team clothing for anything but f1. i've got a cool arrows tshirt, and an old jordan one.

i quite fancy a team atomic kitten hat, or a fleece, but the only way to get my hands on one of those without a bank loan is to mug a driver. any ideas on a postcard to the usual address...
Old 28 Jul 2002, 19:44 (Ref:344724)   #13
simon m
Rookie

simon m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Repsol Honda Motorbike T-shirt, but I don't like motorbike racing, I just like the T-shirt, but never wear it to events.
I also have a Team Halfords cap, but don't really support them, I just like the cap.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 20:54 (Ref:344753)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Radisichrox
I wish I had some BTCC-related clothes though!!

I'm sure you could order BTCC clothes online.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 21:50 (Ref:344794)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can, look on the Toca site for the link.

I have WAY to many pieces of motorsport clothing! The latest purchases were a Team Halfords polo and Team Atomic Kitten polo at Snetterton. Lovely.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 23:27 (Ref:344870)   #16
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
I didn't know. I'll have to look.
Old 29 Jul 2002, 14:46 (Ref:345410)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, let me think. I have a Jaguar polo shirt but don't own/support Jaguar. I have various marshals T shirts which I do wear in the summer or sometimes under my overals. Obviously the Fosters GP hats which we are given at each years British GP to make the sponsors happy.

It often makes me wonder why some people do sponsor F1 and the likes, it must be the global TV audience they reach. Maybe pound for pound it's good value, maybe not.

My pet hate are those companies that sponsor racing cars/drivers/teams and no-one knows what the company is or sells. The old Arrows sponsors in the Damon Hill days like Brastemp, Danka and the likes. God knows what they were selling. It seems to me rather foolish to spend millions of dollars having your name on the car if it doesn't say anywhere what your business is about!
Old 29 Jul 2002, 14:58 (Ref:345424)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I will wear stuff if it was free - but I refuse to advertise for companies the size of Jaguar and Ferrari for free AND pay for the privilege.

The only exception to this rule is my 10-10ths baseball cap which I DID pay for - but that's because they're a non-profit organisation! (or is that a defecit organisation )
Old 29 Jul 2002, 18:30 (Ref:345602)   #19
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned wearing B&Q flags yet I will sometimes wear a blue B&Q cap.
I've got an old Vauxhall T-shirt and a polo shirt bought at one race meeting that turned out a lot hotter than I expected. For other motorsport, a Jordan fleece which isn't very presentable because I wear it for work a lot and cotton does tend to show up a lot on a black fleece.
What else, oh, can't forget to mention the ten-tenths cap and fleece
Old 29 Jul 2002, 19:53 (Ref:345671)   #20
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a nice Ten-Tenths polo, an old and quite ugly JV hat... A number of other shirts, with the nicest being a blue Player's shirt and a Jordan shirt with a really neat Hornet log on the front.

Problem is that most of the racing clothing is just so damn ugly... Ferrari actually has some nice stuff...but it's Ferrari and cost more than I make in a day.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Jul 2002, 20:18 (Ref:345698)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've still got the last remnants of Aysedasi's famous disintegrating 2002 t-shirts, if they count?

(But just waint until next year.........!!!!!).
Old 29 Jul 2002, 23:47 (Ref:345860)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should I mention I also have possibly the world's largest collection of Minardi caps???

Oh, and I believe Danka have something to do with photocopying... :confused:
Old 30 Jul 2002, 00:04 (Ref:345867)   #23
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i only where mackie motorsport clothes but I do like to support motorsport sponsors where I can afford it, they make the effort to help our beloved sport so why shouldnt we help them back
Old 30 Jul 2002, 07:34 (Ref:346015)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks MF. The point I was trying to make is how many times do you see a sponsors name on a car and think 'what the hell do they do?'
Old 30 Jul 2002, 08:33 (Ref:346067)   #25
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Danka...God knows what they were selling
Danka lease photocopiers, in fact they provide the ones in our office.

[shameless plug] My favourite piece of motorsport clothing is a polo shirt endorsing the #77 in the Ginetta G20 Cup[/shameless plug]

Last edited by Guy Humpage; 30 Jul 2002 at 08:35.