Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3470783)   #151
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to all class winners, but Toyota and G-Drive in particular were in a class of their own.

Not the best race if I'm honest, but I love that sense of accomplishment having watched an entire endurance race - especially at the expense of a night's sleep.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3470785)   #152
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Porsche and Audi are playing checkers, Toyota #8 is playing chess with nothing but queen pieces. Fantastic performance and congratulations to them. The #8 is a metaphorical wrecking ball.

Except when Lapierre is driving in the wet, then it becomes a literal wrecking ball... I'll get my coat, goodnight.

Last edited by Beryl; 2 Nov 2014 at 09:32.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3470786)   #153
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wow, impressed with the #8 & #26, both were dealing out a continuous stream of power punches, taking the win by sheer force.
Also impressed by the ESM #30, taking second. Very nice for them.

Additionally, I was surprised to see both #30 and #31 receiving a fair amount of onboard coverage and other attention in the WEC stream -- ISTM the WEC wants ESM to stay.

Finally, I was saying in another place, to judge a racing series you can also look at the year-to-year development of attendance. If you like the product, you'll return the next year (and potentially bring some friends, plus the positive vibe usually resonates somewhere). WEC seems to be doing things right at least in Shanghai. Hope to see them grow further (so they can afford more full season entries / logistics; more rounds etc. etc.).

I enjoyed the race.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3470788)   #154
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great to see ESM get a podium!

Congrats to Toyota, G-Drive, Porsche and AMR on their victories!
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3470789)   #155
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't imagine that result will do any harm to ESM's interest in a full-time WEC effort.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:17 (Ref:3470790)   #156
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That was dominant from Toyota and G-Drive. If someone doesnt pick up the ligier for lmp1 it'd be a shame. It has to be the best car in lmp2 right now. Toyota built a rocketship. I cant wait to see what they do for 2015. It was nice seeing Rebellion able to race a bit with the Audi. They just need more work on the downforce and fuel usage. GTE was a mess. Still a good race even if boring up front imo.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3470792)   #157
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What does the manufacturers championship look like now?

does this mean Audi's chances are next to none?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3470794)   #158
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
What does the manufacturers championship look like now?

does this mean Audi's chances are next to none?
Manufacturers' title is still open, 226-197 to Toyota but there's still 86 points on offer there (maximum score for a manufacturer is 43 points with a 1-2 finish). The drivers' title is almost settled though, Buemi/Davidson need a top 6 finish in Interlagos to clinch the title, while the #2 crew need to win both remaining races with the #8 having two absolute nightmares in order to win the title.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3470795)   #159
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Manufacturers' title is still open, 226-197 to Toyota but there's still 86 points on offer there (maximum score for a manufacturer is 43 points with a 1-2 finish). The drivers' title is almost settled though, Buemi/Davidson need a top 6 finish in Interlagos to clinch the title, while the #2 crew need to win both remaining races with the #8 having two absolute nightmares in order to win the title.
Awesome. Thanks for clearing it up
Old 2 Nov 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3470797)   #160
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to mention how unfortunate things played out for the #37 crew. They probably deserved 2nd in LMP2, but team orders meant they didn't even get onto the podium. That's how it goes in a team sport though.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3470814)   #161
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ant, said..."Shanghi is unfinished business after last years disapointment!"

If I recall, a bolt sheared off that held the suspension to the chassis when he was leading and it was unrepairable!

So a win was a nice reply.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3470815)   #162
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Ant, said..."Shanghi is unfinished business after last years disapointment!"

If I recall, a bolt sheared off that held the suspension to the chassis when he was leading and it was unrepairable!

So a win was a nice reply.
The boy done good again.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3470841)   #163
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonder if you just witnessed the last ever time open top HPD ARX racing on track, certainly in major circles?
Old 2 Nov 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3470850)   #164
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota built a rocketship. I cant wait to see what they do for 2015. It was nice seeing Rebellion able to race a bit with the Audi. They just need more work on the downforce and fuel usage.
I don't see what Audi can do about the fuel usage. This is the nature of the rules: bigger ERS gets longer stints (and better performance). Moreover, Audi is not allowed to improve the efficiency of the engine during the season. If the BSFC is better than the number provided to FIA in the pre-season, they get hit by a penalty.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3470885)   #165
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got up early and watched the last 4 hours, good race and enjoyed it but perhaps the too dominant form of the toyota's did spoil some of the excitement Shame about the leading aston
Old 2 Nov 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3470974)   #166
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I don't see what Audi can do about the fuel usage. This is the nature of the rules: bigger ERS gets longer stints (and better performance). Moreover, Audi is not allowed to improve the efficiency of the engine during the season. If the BSFC is better than the number provided to FIA in the pre-season, they get hit by a penalty.
I was referring to Rebellion's fuel usage, not Audi. I think youre wrong about the bsfc. They aren't encouraged to increase the efficiency? Itd make 0 sense to limit it, especially with the equality rules changing next year.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3471024)   #167
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very entertaining at the start, especially with the Toyota's restarting in last place following the FCY and slicing through the field. But once they got out front, I actually fell asleep during the last hour.

Buemi has been very surprising for me this year, seems the kid has found his true calling. I actually thought he'd be Toyota's weak link, and that Wurz was the team leader at the start of the season but boy was that backwards.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3471206)   #168
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Buemi has been very surprising for me this year, seems the kid has found his true calling. I actually thought he'd be Toyota's weak link, and that Wurz was the team leader at the start of the season but boy was that backwards.
I'd go further back than that - for me Buemi has been #8's best driver for at least a calendar year (back to Le Mans 2013) and the best of all the Toyota drivers so far this season. Him & Davidson in the same car is (IMO) as good a combination as Treluyer/Lotterer are for Audi.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3471248)   #169
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'd go further back than that - for me Buemi has been #8's best driver for at least a calendar year (back to Le Mans 2013) and the best of all the Toyota drivers so far this season. Him & Davidson in the same car is (IMO) as good a combination as Treluyer/Lotterer are for Audi.
Erm...with their joint F1 experience, I say better...but less lucky up until now that is!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3471266)   #170
TF110
Veteran

United States
Nakajima, Buemi and Davidson are about equal imo. The rest of Toyota's drivers are a notch below but very consistent. Wurz definitely brings that to the table. I think the #8 will be the car/combo to beat for the forseeable future. But things can change next season with one result. It was nice to watch the Toyota come from the back, but it did get a little boring from there. But Im not complaining since I like Toyota Rebellion seem to be inching closer each race and hopefully that continues. They werent nearly as far back on pace. Lotus on the other hand...
Old 3 Nov 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3471273)   #171
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on raw pace buemi and nakajima are equal to davidson, but are not quite as consistent, and make a bit more errors than him.I rate Davidson on par with Lotterer.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3471291)   #172
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think youre wrong about the bsfc. They aren't encouraged to increase the efficiency? Itd make 0 sense to limit it, especially with the equality rules changing next year.
You might be right. It seems that the "dissuasive penalty" rule only applied up to Le Mans. Afterwards the BFSC could be improved.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3471325)   #173
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
You might be right. It seems that the "dissuasive penalty" rule only applied up to Le Mans. Afterwards the BFSC could be improved.
Thats what I thought. Then after LM 2015, another adjustment. Btw, welcome back(?) Havent seen you post here in a while.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 04:53 (Ref:3471448)   #174
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our statistic-department digged through all the Alkamel-data and processed them for a deeper understanding of the race.
interesting Example here: the LMP2-team-performances, as we had in Shanghai the best LMP2-Teams from WEC, TUSC and AsLMS racing together:

More of this stuff can be found for the other classes of the race in our race-report:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/wec/shang/shang.html
(Just scroll down the page below the race-result - graphs can be enlarged by clicking on them)
Old 4 Nov 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3471513)   #175
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some photos on the race day lads!Because my pass is about hospitality lounge and paddock only, so no grid walk pics and no shots from the media tower either.

Hope you guys enjoy it