Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2207761)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 76th edition of the 24hrs of Le Mans - RACE THREAD

Schedule
Entry list
Track map
Hindy(RLM) or Embedded
ACO site

L.P.
Old 21 May 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2207905)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please note this is a race thread. If you have general chit chat please use one of the other two stickied threads as that is what they are there for. Thanks! The other threads are the lions share of a 1000 posts each and would be cumbersome as race threads. Any links missing and appropriate will, with help, be added I'm sure.

L.P.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 May 2008 at 07:47.
Old 21 May 2008, 07:32 (Ref:2208037)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Please note this is a race thread. If you have general chit chat please use one of the other two stickied threads as that is what they are there for. Thanks! The other threads are the lions share of a 1000 posts each and would be cumbersome as race threads. Any links missing and appropriate will, with help, be added I'm sure.

L.P.
Yep, can I stress this one please. Assuming HORNDAWG doesn't mind, I'm going to close it for a few days - you can still see and use the useful links. All other Le Mans related issues should go into the existing threads.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 May 2008 at 07:52.
Old 29 May 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2214608)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Due to the arrival of a GT2 Test Day thread, I think I ought to now officially re-open HORNDAWG's Le Mans thread. I think it was always intended that this thread might encompass the Test Day as well (hence the title), so, unless HORNDAWG indicates otherwise, it is now here and available to post in.

Can I indicate again, that this isn';t intended to be a chit-chat type thread, Lord knows we have an abundance of those, both stickied and not in the forum right now. So please use this thread in the manner intended. Thanks Ayse

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 May 2008 at 12:53.
Old 30 May 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2215365)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There appears to be coverage of the Test Day on ITV4 in the UK on the 7th and 8th June, a 35min programme (I assume the same show repeated both days).
Old 30 May 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2215410)   #6
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
on the spot!!

I'll post pictures in a few minutes (maybe one hour) , just need time to sort them out

feel free to ask if you want particular cars, but no guaranty (the wifi at the hotel seems painful)
Old 30 May 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2215416)   #7
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WANTED: photos of Vitaphone Aston, especially drivers' door and any drivers hanging around.

Thanks
Old 30 May 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2215454)   #8
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
here we go, what I saw today

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...d=23&catid=176
Old 30 May 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2215456)   #9
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
there is the Vitaphone Aston, but not the drivers door
Old 30 May 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2215481)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
bernard b, nice pics, thanks for sharing!

L.P.
Old 30 May 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2215516)   #11
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the photos, are there two Epsilon cars there or just one?
Old 30 May 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2215521)   #12
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
for Epsilon, the car that passed srutineering is the #2 chassis
the #1 (that raced in the LMS) is in the truck and won't be used
Old 30 May 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2215549)   #13
Jimbob-18
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Jimbob-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's the 23 Creation? It has an american flag on the front........

Edit- Never mind, It's Autocon. The PLM spotters guide has me confused with the picture.

Last edited by Jimbob-18; 30 May 2008 at 20:01.
Old 30 May 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2215567)   #14
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob-18

Edit- Never mind, It's Autocon. The PLM spotters guide has me confused with the picture.
Same sponsor as the brown and orange car just on the blue Jean Richard iirc.
Old 30 May 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2215569)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob-18

Ya, I guess a guy could get confused using the PLM spotters guide.

L.P.
Old 30 May 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2215585)   #16
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I see, Vitaphone has a 2007-spec car, at least from the front end aero.
Old 30 May 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2215592)   #17
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
From what I see, Vitaphone has a 2007-spec car, at least from the front end aero.
It's the Strekka Car that ran at Spa, so yes 2007.
Old 30 May 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2215598)   #18
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Audi is back to black, yellow and red as their colours. Last year for some reason the #2 was silver instead of yellow.

Do we think the 3rd Pug will be white? Together with the blue and red cars from the LMS, that would give them a nice tricolour.
Old 30 May 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2215601)   #19
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
Thanks for sharing as well....

Just to confirm Ferrari's line up -

#78 = AF Corse
#82 = Risi Lead Car
#97 = BMS Italia
#96 = Virgo

Badger picked Porsche on pole, might be a given, but I wouldn't count out Melo or Vilander...
Old 30 May 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2215604)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop Corner
Do we think the 3rd Pug will be white? Together with the blue and red cars from the LMS, that would give them a nice tricolour.
I think it was mentioed previously that it would be grey . But there is also rumour or a new sponsor ..... I reckon it will be either Emirates or Etihad airlines ..... just a hunch is all .
Old 30 May 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2215606)   #21
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Havent see any updates on the aero package on the Prodrive cars.
Old 31 May 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2215697)   #22
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the pics!

Has anything changed on the RS Spyders? I noticed the four flaps joining the fenders to the body have merged into two, but something looks slightly different around the headlight area...

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...1&key=12&hit=1

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...1&key=24&hit=1
Old 31 May 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2215706)   #23
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Havent see any updates on the aero package on the Prodrive cars.
The only thing I've noticed is that the center intake in the front valence is squared off on the Prodrive cars, compared to rounded on the Vitaphone and Modena cars.
Old 31 May 2008, 06:41 (Ref:2215728)   #24
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage
Thanks for the pics!

Has anything changed on the RS Spyders? I noticed the four flaps joining the fenders to the body have merged into two, but something looks slightly different around the headlight area...

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...1&key=12&hit=1

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...1&key=24&hit=1
I don't know seems they look like '08 spec cars to me

I know there was a rumor of Le Mans bodywork for the cars, maybe they have choosen to show up with the standard cars to see how they do first and then show up for the race with the aero package, not forcing their hand and since they have Porsche factory pilots in these cars, who's to say they won't make a push to be bothersome to the LMP1 cars.

Remember the MG EX675 wasn't expected to challenge the bigger cars, especially at La Sarthe, but barring any craziness, I do expect the Porsche LMP2's to be HIGH in the Top Ten by the 12th hour...
Old 31 May 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2215743)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fantastic photos (as usual), Bernard. Thank you for sharing them with us!