Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2630847)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Future of ECO Racing

So has there been any rumblings on the new project coming from this group? Will we see them this year with a P-2 project headed for 2011 P-1? Or is it to be a 2011 P-2 project?

L.P.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2630875)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At the end of last season they had a press release about using the Radical chassis as a base for the 2011 p2 regs, with a Nissan engine I believe. they talked up how they would be the team with a 2011 p2 car. Interestingly I haven't heard a think about it since, and now Pegasus is claiming the first 2011 p2 car. I would like to see the ECO team run somewhere next season, hopefully they can find the budget.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2630911)   #3
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops, I´ve typed on the wrong place, how can I delete a message?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2630915)   #4
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
At the end of last season they had a press release about using the Radical chassis as a base for the 2011 p2 regs, with a Nissan engine I believe. they talked up how they would be the team with a 2011 p2 car. Interestingly I haven't heard a think about it since, and now Pegasus is claiming the first 2011 p2 car. I would like to see the ECO team run somewhere next season, hopefully they can find the budget.
Ian phoned me just before christmas and was all excited about his latest possible engine deal, its not for me to reveal it, and to be honest I dont yet know if he pulled off the deal - finance allowing, but if it does come to fruition you will all be crawling over broken glass to hear it, and the forum will probably erupt with excitement!!!!!.....I was pretty excited myself to be honest, fingers crossed......he appeared to be distancing himself from the Nissan V8 4.0LMP2 motor from IES as its un-proven....and the V10 diesel is just too heavy which made the chassis very nervous to drive.......he was also talking about his latest hybrid technology find, which as usual completley falls outside the rule book and would be a political nightmare, to which I told him forget it and just get the car up and running reliably and at a reasonable pace, to which he sighed and reluctantly agreed........rest assured the bloke is a fighter and he will be back soon in either the the ALMS or LMS.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2630952)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
new engine deal eh? I can't wait to hear the details when/if they are announced!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2630994)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a bit of good news . I must admit I have been rather disapointed in the performance of his last project , and I always thought better of him as a Team manager/owner , but you must admit , that results from the last few years were dim to be honest .

Wish him the very best with his new project .
Old 11 Feb 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2631493)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can i assume that they are somewhat "low budget"? if so, doing what they are doing would be difficult even with a great deal of backing.

i too would like to see them succeed, especially with the somewhat disappointing "results" over the last couple of years.