Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jul 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3111044)   #46
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What he means is that it is the last race before Doran Ford's homologation expires and it loses the eglibility to race as it is.
I thought so.. Just making sure. That would be awesome if they did come back, it was always a pleasure to see them race. Beautiful cars.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3111228)   #47
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Dagys, Aston Martin is seriously considering a trip to RA. Probably the Fernandez one?
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3111260)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
According to Dagys, Aston Martin is seriously considering a trip to RA. Probably the Fernandez one?
That would be a great move by AMR in my opinion. The chance to compete against, Corvette, Viper, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, and Lotus - that would be a proper GT battle.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3111264)   #49
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has to be the Fernandez one, if the interest for racing at Petit comes from somewhere within the team, it will be from him first of all (and his sponsor).
Old 25 Jul 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3111421)   #50
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stab-in-the-dark entry list

P1 3 cars (maybe 4?)
1x Muscle Milk Team Pickett
2x Dyson Racing (I think they'll run both)
?1x OAK Racing (do they have a second P1 they can run while the WEC car is in China/Japan?)

P2 13 cars
1x Project Libra
1x Dempsey Racing
1x Conquest Endurance
2x Level 5 Motorsports (I think they run both if "The High Chief" Tucker is free)
1x Greaves Motorsport
1x Pecom Racing
1x Status GP
1x Murphy Prototypes
1x Sébastien Loeb Racing
1x OAK Racing (other P2 will be in Japan/China for WEC)
1x JOTA
1x TDS by Thiriet
(don't think Race Performance, the Norma, or Boutsen will take part)

GT/GTE Pro/GTE Am 19 cars
2x Corvette Racing
1x Team Falken Tire
1x AJR Lotus
2x Flying Lizard MS
1x Paul Miller Racing
2x BMW Team RLL
2x SRT Motorsports
2x Extreme Speed MS
1x Kessel Racing
1x JMW Motorsport
1x AF Corse
1x IMSA Performance
1x ProSpeed
1x Aston Martin Racing/Fernandez

PC 8 cars
2x Merchant Services (I think they find some payers to run both cars)
1x Rocketsports
1x Performance Tech (picks-and-chooses races)
1x Dempsey Racing
1x PR1/Mathiasen (new car since LRP, might have second car?)
2x CORE Autosport

GTC 8 cars
1x JDX Racing
1x Alex Job Racing
2x NGT Motorsports (picks-and-chooses, does the big races)
1x GMG
1x Green Hornet (Might be 2x, LeSaffre told me at LRP he was running 2 cars for rest of 2012, but so far only seen at LRP)
2x TRG (the regular car and I think Krohn leases the #68)

I think we're looking at a minimum in the mid-40's, could possibly max out at 53... because that's what the track can hold

Obviously all the entries will score points in their own series. But I think for the PLM automatic bids, they combine them into one big class.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3111453)   #51
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac K View Post
the Robertson Ford GT's? I don't get it, they haven't competed at all in any of the 2012 season races..
Money
Old 26 Jul 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3111474)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The addition of the ELMS as finale is no guarantee that many teams will come over. However, it is the first bright sign of life for this event being at least half as special as it has been in years past.

I would love to see the Robertsons take the big bad Ford out one more time for a Swan Song in competitive racing, even though I have already seen both in action this year.

Here's hoping that the next 3 months see more bright additions to the entry list.

*going to look for my pop-up canopy, zip ties, duct tape and my camp stove* halfway packed!
Old 26 Jul 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3111475)   #53
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The addition of the ELMS as finale is no guarantee that many of teams will come over. However, it is the first bright sign of life for this event being at least half as special as it has been in years past.

I would love to see the Robertsons take the big bad Ford out one more time for a Swan Song in competitive racing, even though I have already seen both in action this year.

Here's hoping that the next 3 months see more bright additions to the entry list.

*going to look for my pop-up canopy, zip ties, duct tape and my camp stove* halfway packed!
I'm expecting zero GTs (hoping for two) and hoping for 6 P2s.

Chris
Old 26 Jul 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3111485)   #54
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
1x Green Hornet (Might be 2x, LeSaffre told me at LRP he was running 2 cars for.
They ran two cars at Mosport. Except only 34 ran with ALMS while 33 ran with one of the Porsche challenge support races
Old 26 Jul 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3111533)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You can take Jota off the entry list now .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12184.html
Old 26 Jul 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3111558)   #56
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'm expecting zero GTs (hoping for two) and hoping for 6 P2s.

Chris
Why would IMSA and AF Corse not come, guns blazing? Okay there's necessarily not much for JMW there but if one of those GTE-AM teams doesn't show up and one does, well that's it for the championship. IMSA already saw this year how long (French!!) commitment to ACO racing means nothing when the LM entries are given, similar to Larbre in 2009

Non-ELMS GTs, well Aston is the most realistic car to make a trip, Risi and Krohn next. Krohn probably doesn't come, unless they have an extra chassis lying there somewhere, however at the start of the season they mentioned how they'd like to do some extra ALMS rounds as well. Risi is a question mark

Last edited by Chiana; 26 Jul 2012 at 09:45.
Old 26 Jul 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3111610)   #57
busdegnao
Rookie

Switzerland
Lugano
busdegnao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jota confirmed they are going to run in WEC 6h of silverstone but will fold petit le mans.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 05:08 (Ref:3111926)   #58
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last fall when the WEC schedule came out, Panoz should have moved the Petit Le Mans date. It is Oct 17-20.

Here is the WEC schedule after Le Mans.

6 Hours of Silverstone 26 August
6 Hours of São Paulo 15 September
6 Hours of Bahrain 29 September
6 Hours of Fuji 14 October
6 Hours of Shanghai 27 October

So if any WEC teams wanted to participate in Petit even though it isn't in the championship, they would have to go from Bahrain to Georgia, USA in one week and then to the other side of the world in Japan the next week.

Here is what Dr Don should have done. Move Petit Le Mans to September 8. The WEC teams will be in Silverstone 2 weeks before that, so that will give them plenty of time to get to Petit. And then, the next WEC race is the next week (September 15) in Brazil. Petit is basically in their flight path, so teams can stop at Petit and then continue their journey to Brazil.

This makes too much sense to me.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3112001)   #59
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Aston Martin said at the launch of the GTE programme that a car at PLM was likely
Old 27 Jul 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3112118)   #60
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
This makes too much sense to me.
Not really, the weekend before is for testing so that would fall on Labor Day weekend (i.e. the Baltimore race). Petit needs to be the last race ALMS of the year.

The WEC doesn't need the ridiculous long break after Le Mans.