Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6 May 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3243647)   #76
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Have they figured who actually won after discovering thier rogue official?
Old 6 May 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3243655)   #77
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently it is a bit like when the kids are outside playing, sometimes it is just too quiet and your instincts tell you that something is up. Like with the kids, if you can't catch them at it you just have to wait and see what they bring up as a surprise.
Old 8 May 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3244556)   #78
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Petch has steped aside.
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/05/0...h-steps-aside/
Old 8 May 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3244559)   #79
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just saw the official press release, didn't quite go into the detail about Mark Petch that Speedcafe did, so very interesting. The Companies website must take a few weeks to catch up to events I suspect, as when I looked the other day the shareholding was unchanged.

I think this has to be a good thing, if Ray Noonan has lots of money behind him then that just removes what is usually a constant headache for anyone involved in the sport.

McLaren's Ron Dennis once said to David Coulthard (who was heavily in debt after a year of F3000 racing and a year of race by race drives with Williams), "Money is only ever a problem when you haven't got enough of it."

So hopefully now they have enough of it and it won't be a problem

So Mark and Sir Alex Ferguson retired within a day of each other, is there a conspiracy in there somewhere?
Old 9 May 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3244578)   #80
Swedish Brick
Racer

Speed cafe article not working
Any other links? Is petch 100% out now?
Old 9 May 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3244581)   #81
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Just saw the official press release, didn't quite go into the detail about Mark Petch that Speedcafe did, so very interesting. The Companies website must take a few weeks to catch up to events I suspect, as when I looked the other day the shareholding was unchanged.

I think this has to be a good thing, if Ray Noonan has lots of money behind him then that just removes what is usually a constant headache for anyone involved in the sport.

McLaren's Ron Dennis once said to David Coulthard (who was heavily in debt after a year of F3000 racing and a year of race by race drives with Williams), "Money is only ever a problem when you haven't got enough of it."

So hopefully now they have enough of it and it won't be a problem

So Mark and Sir Alex Ferguson retired within a day of each other, is there a conspiracy in there somewhere?
Bit behind the 8-ball Goat!
Old 9 May 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3244582)   #82
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
It appears that SpeedcafeNZ have deleted the article from their site and their facebook..... Weird.
Old 9 May 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3244583)   #83
Swedish Brick
Racer

Probably got threatened with a lawyer
Old 9 May 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3244584)   #84
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Weird, it's been removed for some reason (more conspiracies??)

Yes he is gone 100%, retiring I think at 70 and with a health scare ealier this year. Here is the piece from the V8ST website (as this only came out this morning I don't see how you can say anyone who didn't know was behind the 8-ball CCC)

V8 SuperTourers undergoes ownership change

New Zealand's premier motor racing category today announced a new ownership structure which sees current CEO, Ray Noonan, lead a buyout from the founding shareholders.

"The new owners bring a significant capital base which will overcome the on-going issues with cashflow and allow the organisation to focus on its core business – the development of motor racing in New Zealand," explained Noonan.

The new owners comprise Ray Noonan and David Sutherland. Sutherland and Noonan have a number of business interests together, including Cogent Limited. The new owners both have a personal passion for motorsport.

Noonan added: "Dave and I have worked together for the last decade and I know that his marketing brain together with his governance experience will become an asset to both V8 SuperTourers and to motorsport in general."

The deal has been concluded for an undisclosed sum, however Noonan says a key aspect is that all existing trade creditors will be paid
Old 9 May 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3244587)   #85
Swedish Brick
Racer

Release confirms what some of us were abused for saying.
Apologies coming?
Old 9 May 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3244588)   #86
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Release confirms what some of us were abused for saying.
Apologies coming?
What abuse? Until this morning anything said was not fact, merely speculation. Not backed up by the Companies website.
Old 9 May 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3244589)   #87
Swedish Brick
Racer

Refer the paragraphs about cash flow and creditors then cast mind back to comments about unpaid bills and lack of parts due to said unpaid bills.
Old 9 May 2013, 00:44 (Ref:3244591)   #88
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Goat Boy;3244584]Weird, it's been removed for some reason (more conspiracies??)

This what I said
ST TV & ownership
So ST have gone from same weekend TV coverage to getting Ian Rawkins to provide a cheap solution of TV coverage. What is this saying about the financial viability of the series? Is this TMC all over again? I have heard that the ownership of the ST company has changed and Mark Petch and co been forced out! Hope Ray and the guys have a cunning plan to keep the series going??
Last edited by Member CCC; 6 May 2013 at 18:55.

You said
I was behind the 8-ball

Yes he is gone 100%, retiring I think at 70 and with a health scare ealier this year. Here is the piece from the V8ST website (as this only came out this morning I don't see how you can say anyone who didn't know was behind the 8-ball CCC)

How does this work?
According to you everything on here should be believed on here even without facts to backup the BS on here!
Quite a lot of logic in your thinking
Old 9 May 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3244601)   #89
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Squabbling aside, I knew about this 'change of the guard' just after the Puke event, but had no hard facts to back it up, so I stayed slightly quiet (and by that I mean I posted something on the 19/4/13, post # 18 on this thread).

Anyway, I think for some competitors who are not happy with Mr Petch this may be a positive thing. I know from talking to most, if not all of the teams at some point this year, that some like the man, others don't (including one of the biggest, if not biggest team - which is odd)

But anyway, I wish Mark all the best with his retirement, and thank him for having the balls to go out there and try something different. Whether you agreed with his mode of operation or not is irrelevant. The man certainly shook up the V8 racing sector in NZ, so he gets full congrats from me

I hope the health scare is just that, a scare, and not something more serious.

That aside, it will now be very interesting to see how it all pans out for the ST camp with its new structure.
Old 9 May 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3244603)   #90
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
The Companies website must take a few weeks to catch up to events I suspect
Not a thing that a number suspect when any company that might be associated with Motorsport NZ is concerned.
Old 9 May 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3244604)   #91
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will still be involved, he owns the Hyundai ST. Now he can put Kayne back in the seat and get up to his old tricks
Old 9 May 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3244605)   #92
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Squabbling aside, I knew about this 'change of the guard' just after the Puke event, but had no hard facts to back it up, so I stayed slightly quiet (and by that I mean I posted something on the 19/4/13, post # 18 on this thread).

Anyway, I think for some competitors who are not happy with Mr Petch this may be a positive thing. I know from talking to most, if not all of the teams at some point this year, that some like the man, others don't (including one of the biggest, if not biggest team - which is odd)

But anyway, I wish Mark all the best with his retirement, and thank him for having the balls to go out there and try something different. Whether you agreed with his mode of operation or not is irrelevant. The man certainly shook up the V8 racing sector in NZ, so he gets full congrats from me

I hope the health scare is just that, a scare, and not something more serious.

That aside, it will now be very interesting to see how it all pans out for the ST camp with its new structure.
Like you I was aware of the changes and join you in wishing Mark well for the future. Maybe he can now take the time to bring some of his toys out and take pleasure out of playing with them himself
Old 9 May 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3244606)   #93
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
He will still be involved, he owns the Hyundai ST. Now he can put Kayne back in the seat and get up to his old tricks

Yes that is true. I believe he will still be in a chairmans role for the technical committee.

But his clout in the series in gone, which some may say is a good thing.

And yeah would love to see Kayne back behind the wheel
Old 9 May 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3244607)   #94
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Like you I was aware of the changes and join you in wishing Mark well for the future. Maybe he can now take the time to bring some of his toys out and take pleasure out of playing with them himself

Good call mate
Old 9 May 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3244608)   #95
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
According to you everything on here should be believed on here even without facts to backup the BS on here!
Quite a lot of logic in your thinking
The formatting in your post was such a mess that I had to delete half of it.

What I said was that the rumours of an ownership change did not appear to be borne out by what was on the Companies website at the time. All of my "sources" had been very quiet as well but I was prepared to entertain the rumour except for the fact that it didn't appear to be the case. Quite simple really, although perhaps not.
Old 9 May 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3244609)   #96
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I wonder if it will affect the progress of the MSNZ "sanctioning" or whether there are other plans afoot?
Old 9 May 2013, 04:18 (Ref:3244639)   #97
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I'm hoping that with Mr. Petch retiring, the company that is V8ST Ltd may be a little bit more diplomatic with their approach with MSNZ.

Truth is we have the rest of the ST series left to run and any 2013/2014 'summer series' wont kick off until December 2013. This may provide plenty of time for the two camps to nut this one out to the benefit of all.

I hope Ray Noonan is a pragmatic man (which I am sure he is) and he can steer the ship into the right port.
Old 9 May 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3244713)   #98
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was lead to believe that most of the energy and tactics (of late) to try and get NZST on the AVESCO billing was purely to try and get a better sale price for his stake in the series.

my source could be wrong.
Old 9 May 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3244718)   #99
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
was lead to believe that most of the energy and tactics (of late) to try and get NZST on the AVESCO billing was purely to try and get a better sale price for his stake in the series.

my source could be wrong.
Yes you are wrong Joe. [He] didn't want ST running at the SC round. He didn't want ST playing second fiddle to SC. I can understand his thinking there. Stop listening to Little Johnny Johnson down the road, he's only five. Or did you just make this up?
Old 9 May 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3244758)   #100
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Yes you are wrong Joe. [He] didn't want ST running at the SC round. He didn't want ST playing second fiddle to SC. I can understand his thinking there.
must be factual that he didn't want good things to come from the series.......... you said so yourself !!!