Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3247205)   #126
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What's happening with that? A few classes announced but still nothing about the ST going there. Is there still room for them?
Old 14 May 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3247253)   #127
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Really? Talk in the paddocks painted a different picture
I love watching you Kiwis from afar, such interesting dynamics.

SB would be that be talk in the paddock by your mate NZSTfan or someone elses.
Seem to remember a few statements about facts not innuendo.
Old 14 May 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3247595)   #128
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice touch Mr.Manuell...

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/05/1...ancer-charity/

Good man
Old 16 May 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3248575)   #129
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Soooooo, the next round is in 9 days, and still no announcement that the event wont be covered same day on TV3? If you're going to make me go to the track to see it live at least tell me i'll have to do so...

Why have they not been promoting the fact that "at the track" is the only place to see the action on the same day? How are they meant to improve crowd numbers if everyone thinks it's just the status quo?
Old 17 May 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3248624)   #130
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Good point Biggy, it will be kicking off pretty much this time next week (hope the weather holds off to be honest).

It would be nice to have some clarity about whats happening with TV3.

I think one thing that does stand out for me is there has been no advertising on Tv3 for the puke event, when in the past they have been all over it.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Old 17 May 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3248626)   #131
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Soooooo, the next round is in 9 days, and still no announcement that the event wont be covered same day on TV3? If you're going to make me go to the track to see it live at least tell me i'll have to do so...

Why have they not been promoting the fact that "at the track" is the only place to see the action on the same day? How are they meant to improve crowd numbers if everyone thinks it's just the status quo?
apart from a few adverts on 'The Rock' , this is the only other promotion i had seen for the Pukekohe round :

http://news.motorsport.org.nz/master...tourers-round/
Old 17 May 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3248647)   #132
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Good point Biggy, it will be kicking off pretty much this time next week (hope the weather holds off to be honest).

It would be nice to have some clarity about whats happening with TV3.

I think one thing that does stand out for me is there has been no advertising on Tv3 for the puke event, when in the past they have been all over it.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Weather's not looking to flash - hope we don't get to see just how poor the drainage is, especially on the new Turn 6.

Over the last week or so, I've seen several TV ads, promoting the event itself, rather than TV coverage. However, I can't recall if they were on TV3 or Sky. Or, maybe it was TVNZ.
Old 17 May 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3248656)   #133
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina107 View Post
Weather's not looking to flash - hope we don't get to see just how poor the drainage is, especially on the new Turn 6.

Over the last week or so, I've seen several TV ads, promoting the event itself, rather than TV coverage. However, I can't recall if they were on TV3 or Sky. Or, maybe it was TVNZ.
Alpina I fear you may be right on the weather front....check this...

http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast1...n=nzni&tim=168

Looks like a full on low pressure system will hit the North Island for race weekend. Drat! This will, if it pans out, greatly affect crowd numbers one would think. However, I will be among the brave and be there with the brolly, and possibly gumboots (do SuperTourers have 'ST gumboots' yet as part of their merchandise? could be a good move methinks, or ST brollies)

The worst thing about this is that we wont get a good comparison between a SC and an ST if its wet running.

And yes, your right, with a potential weather system like this approaching (and this may change as it is still a week out, and modelling an active low 7 days out is quite difficult to say the least), the drainage system (or lack of) will be an issue. And with everyone trying to win the race on lap one, this could be carnage.

Buggar!
Old 17 May 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3248662)   #134
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Just found this on the CRC motorsport webpage.

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Shows/3Motorsport/Events.aspx

Do we reckon this is true and current? This shows the coverage being played on the Sunday of race weekend, so not delayed??

Confusing this I must say
Old 17 May 2013, 04:00 (Ref:3248697)   #135
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely not live coverage so ignore listings. It will be played the week after on 3 so make your way out. I have heard that if it rains and no solution is found to the flooding they wont run. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 17 May 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3248714)   #136
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
All going well I'm heading to Puke 2moro to see some testing. Will be a wet day for sure, so I will more than likely be able to see for myself just how bad this drainage situation is.

And GT, I didn't know that they could potentially just can the event if the weather is to bad. Sucks if its true, but I guess safety has to come first
Old 17 May 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3248768)   #137
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All going well I'm heading to Puke 2moro to see some testing. Will be a wet day for sure, so I will more than likely be able to see for myself just how bad this drainage situation is.

And GT, I didn't know that they could potentially just can the event if the weather is to bad. Sucks if its true, but I guess safety has to come first
Who is testing tomorrow at puke do you know?
Old 17 May 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3248771)   #138
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you know who'll be behind the wheel of the SVG machine? I'll be there too getting some practice in with a new lens I was going to be shooting for Jack Kofoed - but with the weather he's pulling out of bringing his Falcon.

On the note of the TV commercials - I saw one the other night. It kinda seemed like whoever put it together did so in 15 minutes while inebriated. It looked very low rent.
Old 17 May 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3248774)   #139
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
Do you know who'll be behind the wheel of the SVG machine? I'll be there too getting some practice in with a new lens I was going to be shooting for Jack Kofoed - but with the weather he's pulling out of bringing his Falcon.

On the note of the TV commercials - I saw one the other night. It kinda seemed like whoever put it together did so in 15 minutes while inebriated. It looked very low rent.
Pulling out because of rain? that is not a racer. Delayed TV and done by the cheapest person availiable. Said person has been named in this thread.
Old 17 May 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3248853)   #140
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Yes I do know who is doing some testing 2moro. Don't know if he is the only guy testing and I didn't know the SVG car was involved, if it is then in my view this could be a potent combo for the enduros.

But I won't divulge at this stage who it is as I don't think I should on this public forum, at least until things are confirmed

Hproject, PM me for details, maybe we could catch up 2moro?
Old 18 May 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3249193)   #141
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
SVG car is looking good with its new livery ready for next weekend.

Bit wet out at Puke today and a few complaints about ponded water etc.

New possible driver seemed to get to grips with the car quite quickly even on slicks on a wet day.

If this does pan out how I think/want it to then as I mentioned earlier, I think this could be a top combo for the enduros
Old 18 May 2013, 03:59 (Ref:3249194)   #142
Swedish Brick
Racer

What were the complaints? ie were they genuine "this track is dangerous" complaints? Or just general the track isn't dry everywhere complaints?
Old 18 May 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3249248)   #143
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
What were the complaints? ie were they genuine "this track is dangerous" complaints? Or just general the track isn't dry everywhere complaints?
The body of water on the apex of the new section is definitely a massive issue - the kind of thing that could potentially end any race weekend prematurely should rain hit.

Walking around the place with a camera today, my initial feelings about the recycled catch fencing at the V8 Supercar event have been backed up - its use is complete over-kill. Absolutely ridiculous.

The guys on bikes (about three of them) were extremely tentative - which possibly is telling enough about how they feel about the place. I didn't have my finger on the pulse of any of the drivers though. Neither of the two SuperTourers that turned up did all that many laps.

I did have a slight giggle at the drifters getting told off though. Some of them were driving like utter monkeys.
Old 19 May 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3249679)   #144
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Pulling out because of rain? that is not a racer.
There was nothing to gain from going out in the wet on a test day and risking a car that I don't own. Simple as that
Old 19 May 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3249685)   #145
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just found this on the CRC motorsport webpage.

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Shows/3Motorsport/Events.aspx

Do we reckon this is true and current? This shows the coverage being played on the Sunday of race weekend, so not delayed??
Out of date website, that hasn't reflected the fact they're not broadcasting V8ST any more. Maybe they were hopeful that it might fall their way....

The web listing is really out of date as this afternoon's CRC Motorsport had only one of the three listed events - Honda Cup, albeit more than 3 months old. They also showed some delayed Moto GP (because Sky decided it wasn't worth paying for) and some DTM - cool cars, great driver line-up and an interesting schedule that takes them to 5 different European countries.

At the end of the DTM, they did mention that once they had caught up they would show Moto GP on the weekend after each round. Round 3 next week, along with some more DTM (I think) from Brands Hatch.

DEFINITELY NO MENTION OF V8 ST COVERAGE.

Sky's on-line programme guide only goes 6 days out, so we'll need to wait until Monday to see if they have it on next Sunday afternoon.

Last edited by Alpina107; 19 May 2013 at 07:37. Reason: Spelling
Old 19 May 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3249695)   #146
Swedish Brick
Racer

ST not even mentioned at any stage I saw.

I'm kinda tingly in the pants for DTM at Brands!!
Old 19 May 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3249706)   #147
Blackpearl
Racer

Good afternoon all,

As many of you will have heard via the rumor mill, we will be discontinuing live television with effect from now, that is, the Pukekohe meeting will be broadcast one week delayed. I realise that this will disappoint many of you initially, however the current model is simply not commercially sustainable. The difference between live and delayed TV is around $750,000 per year and without sponsorship, this is simply not achievable.

We are confident that this will not impact on sponsors as they will receive the same air time exposure, and we have no reason to believe that the viewership will fall, in fact it may increase as those at the track will now watch it on first broadcast. We have taken steps to ensure that we will be able to produce a more compelling production, including more cameras at the track, and more on-boards at a better price which will all increase value to your sponsors.

We have confirmed that SpeedTV in Australia will continue to carry the delayed coverage (over 1,000,000 viewers in 2012), and we are working on further improving the quality of the product especially with respect to sponsor’s profile. We will be continuing our experiments with internet streaming at Pukekohe, and this remains an exciting addition to our delivery for 2014 and beyond ..

On the TV front we now have confirmed advertising on TV3 for the 3 weeks prior to each event, this will help drive bums on seats, together with more viewers to the delayed show.

Please don’t hesitate to call and discuss.

Best regards
Ray

Email i got from a friend.
Old 19 May 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3249716)   #148
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
A couple of snaps of the two in attendance yesterday Note the new sponsors - Speedshow and Radio Live - on the Foggymobile. Daniel Jilesen and Kayne Scott were turning laps in the van Gisbergen Falcon.

There were a few other odds and ends there, but don't want to go off-topic. My full set of pics can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5072430&type=1
Old 19 May 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3249726)   #149
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone get dry lap times?
Old 19 May 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3249738)   #150
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkofoed View Post
There was nothing to gain from going out in the wet on a test day and risking a car that I don't own. Simple as that
So no point going to a wet race meeting then
Closed Thread