Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1697380)   #276
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I think its brilliant , in the face of the Ferrari 430 , the little'ol 911 will win the LMS series in class , again .

Cant wait for the new model to stir it up come next year . Beautiful little car .
I sort of agree - when I read Tom Kjos' DSC Houston preview where he asked, a touch rhetorically, if a Porsche would ever win a GT2 race again, I bridled a little, thinking if that did indeed come to pass it would be very sad indeed; based on that the perfomances of Autorlando, Ebimotors, et al have been absolutely fantastic, but it's been great for the series to have non-Porsches win major events.

Am I happy that Porsche have won a GT2 title this year? I suppose I am, but sincerely hope the sheer variety we've seen this year (and last) with Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, and Spyker all getting a little bit of limelight will be preserved going forward and we don't end up with serried ranks of 911s packing grids.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1697393)   #277
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Am I happy that Porsche have won a GT2 title this year? I suppose I am, but sincerely hope the sheer variety we've seen this year (and last) with Panoz, Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, and Spyker all getting a little bit of limelight will be preserved going forward and we don't end up with serried ranks of 911s packing grids.
Fair point both for LMES and FIA GT as that flat six 'drone' gets a bit much after a while!

GT2 would beneft from consistent fields of variety just as much as GT1 class.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1697399)   #278
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think its brilliant , in the face of the Ferrari 430 , the little'ol 911 will win the LMS series in class , again .

Cant wait for the new model to stir it up come next year . Beautiful little car .
That's mainly due to the very consistent and faultless run from the Autorlando team and drivers. Everybody knows a well driven 911 won't break down, and being there at the end is what matters. All three F430s in the series were preoccupied with bending aluminum rather than winning races. At Donnington two of them led the race until they decided it was time for a close encounter of wrong kind.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1697499)   #279
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im really looking forward to seeing what the new 911 can do . If its that fast outta the box , Ferrari look out . But Im hopeing there will be big improvements from Spyker and Panoz for next season ..... any word about that ?

I think the rear of the new 911 looks fantastic . I wonder what the order book looks like at the minute ? Any news as to who is getting their hands on them first ?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1697573)   #280
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
oh yeah just wondering as well has anyone put up any videos of donington yet on googlevideo or youtube btw?

thanks
I have some footage to upload onto YouTube soon. It would have been online already but for some major PC troubles at the minute.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1697591)   #281
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im really looking forward to seeing what the new 911 can do . If its that fast outta the box , Ferrari look out . But Im hopeing there will be big improvements from Spyker and Panoz for next season ..... any word about that ?

I think the rear of the new 911 looks fantastic . I wonder what the order book looks like at the minute ? Any news as to who is getting their hands on them first ?
my hunch is that autorlando and sebah will be the first people in europe to receive a new 997 GT3 RSR as well as EBImotors in the FIA GT while in the USA i would say alex job racing for sure next year GT2 should be good the panoz esperante GT's, ferrari 430 GT's and the porsche 997 GT3 RSR's so next year in GT2 should be a good year doubt the PTG run BMW M3 GTR's with their 6 cylinder engines will be able to compete but if they had the
4.0 V8 that would be a different story altogether
Old 30 Aug 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1697761)   #282
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my day at Donington...

Best looking car = Mugen Courage

Best sounding car = Zytek (Especially under braking )
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1697850)   #283
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My 7 videos are now uploaded to Google so hopefully they'll be online tommorow.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1697871)   #284
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
coolio jag thanks as well
Old 31 Aug 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1698864)   #286
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the Dutch flag in the first video owned by someone on here?

Last edited by JAG; 31 Aug 2006 at 21:28.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1699521)   #287
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
cool videos jag wish i was there that zytek 06S accelarating towards the camera sounds so nice i have a new favorite, btw is it just me or do the creation CA06H's sound higher pitched than the same V10 in the pescarolo's and courage LC70?
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1699580)   #288
JAG
Veteran

England
Your right, the Pescarolo sounds like a V12 GT1 car.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1701054)   #289
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Selection, clicky...

Full selection of pics from the 1000km of Donington are on the MSportUK photos page.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1701575)   #290
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You wouldn't be in the pack here would you?
http://catmangler.smugmug.com/photos/92828465-M.jpg

Tim 8^)
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1701577)   #291
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, and thanks for the Saleen photo, I wondered where that had gone...

T
Old 4 Sep 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1701582)   #292
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
You wouldn't be in the pack here would you?
http://catmangler.smugmug.com/photos/92828465-M.jpg
Tim 8^)
No, not me. These pics are from Ian as I was at Brit GT at Brands, but he's not in the pic either. Some of the other shots he sent suggest he wasn't too far away though!

The series of pics of the Saleen going sideways out of Redgate has a break in the middle where Ian thought it might hit him, but he was back snapping as it passed him by! Fairly hefty bump by the looks of things.

Last edited by MSportUK; 4 Sep 2006 at 14:06.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1701619)   #293
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The More I see that SR9 The sexier it looks, I really wished id have gone !
Damned working night shifts ! *cusses his job*
I'll have to wait till next year !!
Wish i could afford one of those babies ! they look so sweet !
Old 4 Sep 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1701622)   #294
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
It came round, making some peculiar noises, up at coppice, but didn't look THAT bent...

Nice capture of the 'vette flame out too, I have one somewhere, but only one, out of dozens I took of it! Ach *spits feathers*...
Old 5 Sep 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1702194)   #295
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Fair dues ..... them Team Bruichladdich grid girls are some of the best lookin grid girls ive "EVER" seen , for one team !!!