Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3604549)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Japanese Super Taikyu Series 2016

It may be a niche series, and niche chat about it, but here we are again. Sports and touring cars mixed in Japan, in the shadow of Super GT of course but still 25 years ongoing. I believe this is the quarter-of-century anniversary season?

The 2016 calendar has been published. On ST's FB page a week ago, not on the official homesite, because who needs info such as where the events are held? Anyway:

RD0 - Mar 06 - Twin Ring Motegi (Winter Test)
RD1 - Apr 02 - Twin Ring Motegi (5 Hours)
RD2 - May 14 - Sportsland SUGO (3 Hours)
RD3 - Jun 11 - Suzuka Circuit (TBA)
RD4 - Sep 03 - Fuji Speedway (8+ Hours)
RD5 - Oct 22 - Okayama International (3 Hours)
RD6 - Nov 19 - Autopolis (3 Hours)

Btw the series overseas drivers recruitment section still says that the 2015 schedule will be determined in November, I remember reading that about 18 months ago

There is nothing else to report yet. Preliminary entry lists should come out in February. Let's hope there's some ST-1 cars this year. Meanwhile, the race queen obsession probably takes most of the attention from the series PR this year too

TV is unknown but the delayed half hour recaps on Japanese cable/sat TV + youtube are probably back. Probably. We'll see.

Last season
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143512
Old 15 Jan 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3605151)   #2
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is something called "Super Taikyu Asia Project" coming. I don't know what that is and what it involves, but sounds like Asian / Japanese-neighboring countries are doing co-op of kinds with endurance racing. Would be nice if someone fluent in Japanese properly translated this, even if it's just brief summary:

スーパー耐久シリーズ2016 のスケジュールとレースフォーマットをお知らせいたします。「Super Taikyu ASIA PROJECT」も始動。アジア近隣の国々とパートナーシップを結び、耐久レースの文化を共に育んでいきます。詳しくは、決定次第、お知らせいたします。

Also schedule update to the previous:

RD1 - Apr 03 - Twin Ring Motegi (5 Hours)
RD2 - May 15 - Sportsland SUGO (3 Hours)
RD3 - Jun 12 - Suzuka Circuit (4 Hours)
RD4 - Sep 04 - Fuji Speedway (9 Hours)
RD5 - Oct 23 - Okayama International (3 Hours)
RD6 - Nov 20 - Autopolis (3 Hours)
Old 18 Jan 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3605942)   #3
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only 2 rounds and Motegi and Fuji are going to running with traditional all classes line up while Sugo,Autopolis and Okayama running in dividend (Class 4 and 5 ) + Suzuka 4H knocking out some vehicles from lower class or out of qualification maximan in each class but STX. Looks like they have gathered entry too much for track license limitation or for future possible joint field with asian series. Unfortunately Round 4 is same day with WTCC Motegi (which not in fighting distance) ,and final race with Macau GrandPrix which not in best condition for inter-ship with Asian Series
Old 18 Jan 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3605947)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

However there are zero clashes with Super GT and Super Formula, and not with Fuji 6 Hours & Japanese Grand Prix either, so it's bit better on that front than last year when there was conflict.

Thanks for the clarification on the class participations, it's something that I was not sure of so didn't write, but indeed the right column in the below table is about it

I guess it's a positive problem to have too many cars for the circuit maximum - assuming that really is the reason. It would be lame if they started artificially restricting entries like WEC or something. But it probably is the licence limit. Any current track can withstand more than 40 but probably not 50 (apart from the few like Fuji). IIRC the theoretical maxes for this series are higher than they are for Super GT.

I don't understand the joint ??? Asian alliance ??? still, if it even is going to be a thing, but we probably know more due in course.

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Jan 2016 at 15:23.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3606169)   #5
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
AutoSport Japan reported the project details that they have signed agreement with Bangkok MotorShow's organzier: a exhibition race with ST4/ST5 top runners will take place in Chang International Circuit on Feb 2017
Old 19 Jan 2016, 13:07 (Ref:3606182)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

'Top runners' of ST-4 and ST-5 are probably gonna make a 10-20 car grid, assuming everyone shows up, so I wonder what exactly which they are intending to fill rest of the grid with. Thailand Super Series and some GT300 mother chassis probably (?)
Old 20 Jan 2016, 11:51 (Ref:3606540)   #7
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
'Top runners' of ST-4 and ST-5 are probably gonna make a 10-20 car grid, assuming everyone shows up, so I wonder what exactly which they are intending to fill rest of the grid with. Thailand Super Series and some GT300 mother chassis probably (?)
there are similar category to both ST4 and 5 in Thailand Super Series ,therefore it won't be too hard to fills up.Only concern are how to call up those TSS entries as they seems like not same organization as BKK motorshow
Old 21 Jan 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3606962)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Well in any case, lots can be announced between now and then, and I'm happy to have people here actually knowing what is being reported, as my own knowledge/research is linda limited by the language barrier and knowing where to look for.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3619919)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Entry list is out with 65 cars right now set to participate at one stage or another!
http://www.supertaikyu.com/teams_dri...nEntryList.pdf

12x ST-X/GT3
02x ST-1
07x ST-2
08x ST-3
23x ST-4
13x ST-5
Old 5 Mar 2016, 04:58 (Ref:3620094)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Entry list is out with 65 cars right now set to participate at one stage or another!
http://www.supertaikyu.com/teams_dri...nEntryList.pdf

12x ST-X/GT3
02x ST-1
07x ST-2
08x ST-3
23x ST-4
13x ST-5

Great to see .

Anyone know if the Clearwater Racing with Mooncraft McLaren is connected with the Clearwater team of Asia GT?
Old 5 Mar 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3620113)   #11
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to see .

Anyone know if the Clearwater Racing with Mooncraft McLaren is connected with the Clearwater team of Asia GT?
of course they are and Mooncraft appointed as car maintenance as they have 2 years experience with Tokai's Mclaren
Old 5 Mar 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3620122)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Japanese Super Taikyu Series 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
of course they are and Mooncraft appointed as car maintenance as they have 2 years experience with Tokai's Mclaren

Thanks. I thought so but wasn't sure.

I wonder what drivers they'll be using. Shame they don't try their hand at GT300.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3620145)   #13
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thanks. I thought so but wasn't sure.

I wonder what drivers they'll be using. Shame they don't try their hand at GT300.
should be WS Mok + Richard Wee + Hiroshi Hamaguchi

however,there are 4 date clashes out of 6 with GT Asia Series
therefore both Clearwater and J-Fly (Jeffery Lee) unlikely to continue in GT Asia
Old 5 Mar 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3620236)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

I suspect there are many partial season & oneoff entries at that list, not all of them would even fit the grids of smaller circuits

For example Clearwater only did Fuji last year
Old 6 Mar 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3620497)   #15
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Quote:
I suspect there are many partial season & oneoff entries at that list, not all of them would even fit the grids of smaller circuits

For example Clearwater only did Fuji last year
don't forget only Fuji 9H is the only race without knock out (Suzuka) or dividend to two groups
Old 7 Mar 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3620825)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Head View Post
don't forget only Fuji 9H is the only race without knock out (Suzuka) or dividend to two groups
Right, yes
Old 10 Mar 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3621922)   #17
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Greenville, South Carolina
Madkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is something called "Super Taikyu Asia Project" coming. I don't know what that is and what it involves, but sounds like Asian / Japanese-neighboring countries are doing co-op of kinds with endurance racing. Would be nice if someone fluent in Japanese properly translated this, even if it's just brief summary:

スーパー耐久シリーズ2016 のスケジュールとレースフォーマットをお知らせいたします。「Super Taikyu ASIA PROJECT」も始動。アジア近隣の国々とパートナーシップを結び、耐久レースの文化を共に育んでいきます。詳しくは、決定次第、お知らせいたします。

Also schedule update to the previous:

RD1 - Apr 03 - Twin Ring Motegi (5 Hours)
RD2 - May 15 - Sportsland SUGO (3 Hours)
RD3 - Jun 12 - Suzuka Circuit (4 Hours)
RD4 - Sep 04 - Fuji Speedway (9 Hours)
RD5 - Oct 23 - Okayama International (3 Hours)
RD6 - Nov 20 - Autopolis (3 Hours)
I never knew Super Taikyu races where this long. Is this the first time they have organized long distance races more than 3 hours long or has it always been like this?

Also, do they stream these events online?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3621929)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkart View Post
I never knew Super Taikyu races where this long. Is this the first time they have organized long distance races more than 3 hours long or has it always been like this?

Also, do they stream these events online?
Pretty much always to my knowledge.

The only coverage is delayed youtube recap reel sadly.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3623334)   #19
Deleted
Veteran

Motegi Test Day results
http://www.supertaikyu.com/races/tes...est_result.pdf

Also IF I understood it correctly the new TV deal extends the recap broadcasts lengths to 60 minutes, but I'm not sure about the translation so don't quote me on that.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3628096)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

Round 1 next weekend, 62 cars entered (as opposed to 65 of the full season list)
http://www.supertaikyu.com/races/rou..._entrylist.pdf

The new TV programs indeed seem to go to full hour (well 50+ minutes) instead of the old format