Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jul 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4061501)   #1176
sunny_hi
Rookie

United States
sunny_hi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well the thread on the forum says where everyone will, hopefully be, so come and say hello in August if you can
Just saw this from a few pages ago. I didn't quite find the information. Is it in this same thread?
Old 18 Jul 2021, 05:50 (Ref:4061529)   #1177
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they accepted it anyway...
No, they didn't, even if it was possible to cross borders when it was dressed up as Vaxzevria.

Simply, the science does not justify the UK's very sudden last minute u-turn regarding France. Political!
Old 18 Jul 2021, 07:42 (Ref:4061539)   #1178
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it’s the other way around. it’s vaxzevria wearing a tshirt that said “covishield”. it isn’t even a generic form of vaxzevria, it’s a company manufacturing the drug to the exact same specification but rebranding it with a snappy name for the local market.

they’ve rightly realised that there was no need to put up the roadblocks meant to ensure that generic versions of approved drugs are similar enough to the original product to be approved. that’s a relatively quick admin process rather than one that requires human trials.

i don’t blame them for being cautious but causing alarm about vaccinations particularly at this end of the programme is wrong. some simple leg work and a few emails would have solved this quickly and without fuss. all of which, based on comments regarding the ticketing on this very thread, seem to be a challenge for our friends on the continent
Old 18 Jul 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4061542)   #1179
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
1st Tickets organising "Stay Mans" for those not able to/willing to make the journey over to France. Wolf be something to consider imho. https://1st-tickets.co.uk/event/stay-mans-2021
Old 18 Jul 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4061543)   #1180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_hi View Post
Just saw this from a few pages ago. I didn't quite find the information. Is it in this same thread?
https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156325
Old 18 Jul 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4061544)   #1181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
1st Tickets organising "Stay Mans" for those not able to/willing to make the journey over to France. Wolf be something to consider imho. https://1st-tickets.co.uk/event/stay-mans-2021
Nice idea. I hope the likes of 1st Tickets can recoup some of the huge loss they must have had to deal with. A bit too pricey for me...
Old 18 Jul 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4061556)   #1182
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope it gets enough demand and enough people can pay for those tickets from there. Although it is quite expensive, so plenty will be looking for cheaper options if they can find it, which defeats the object slightly
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4061577)   #1183
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
La billetterie est toujours ouverte, many week passes are available like Tribune 4 Panorama (covered and numbered seats) including access to Mulsanne and Arnage corners and other places. Other week packs are T05, T16, T17, T18, T19, T20 and T21 if my reading is good.
I cant imagine ACO making a U-turn now, its too late and those people have info others dont.
One month may sound like a while for some but in LM words its almost tomorrow.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4061578)   #1184
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Not shy with the pricing are they. Probably cheaper to go to the real event
Old 18 Jul 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4061588)   #1185
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Mulsanne and Arnage entry a separate ticket this year?
Old 18 Jul 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4061592)   #1186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Is Mulsanne and Arnage entry a separate ticket this year?
Not as far as I'm aware. The camping area will be general parking for anyone with a parking ticket.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4061598)   #1187
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not as far as I'm aware. The camping area will be general parking for anyone with a parking ticket.
Correct, and worth adding that my understanding is that you need to have purchased either a Rouge or Blanc parking ticket in order to gain access to those enclosures (per the lovely people in the ticket office).
Old 18 Jul 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4061601)   #1188
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks chaps. Knew I could rely on you.

Normally just tip up and get directed into the carpark. Parking ticket will be a very last-min purchase then if still available.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4061602)   #1189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just have to make do with what tickets you can get. Makes sense to only park at the areas you have a ticket for. At least tickets are on sale
Old 18 Jul 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4061798)   #1190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just have to make do with what tickets you can get. Makes sense to only park at the areas you have a ticket for. At least tickets are on sale
Probably on the basis that you won't be allowed to park somewhere you don't have a ticket for......
Old 18 Jul 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4061840)   #1191
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Have you found parking to be an issue previously at Le Mans?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 05:20 (Ref:4061975)   #1192
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
So, having scanned the updated UK government travel rules for Amber List countries which comes into effect today, there is a highlighted section explaining that fully vaccinated people returning from France will need to follow the same rules as those who are not fully vaccinated, BUT there is no advice within the wording to say you should not travel to France. I'm happy to jump through the necessary hoops on my return from France, so as things stand I intend to go, even if I'm anticipating that either French or UK travel rules will ultimately stop me.

Last edited by Bentley03; 19 Jul 2021 at 05:31.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 05:20 (Ref:4061976)   #1193
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Have you found parking to be an issue previously at Le Mans?
Of course not. We always find some place for our Lear Jet at the airport, the chopper to go to the circuit belongs to a rental company… Milady does not like the color but, ya no…
Old 19 Jul 2021, 06:51 (Ref:4061985)   #1194
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
So, having scanned the updated UK government travel rules for Amber List countries which comes into effect today, there is a highlighted section explaining that fully vaccinated people returning from France will need to follow the same rules as those who are not fully vaccinated, BUT there is no advice within the wording to say you should not travel to France. I'm happy to jump through the necessary hoops on my return from France, so as things stand I intend to go, even if I'm anticipating that either French or UK travel rules will ultimately stop me.
I know we're an 'International' forum, but I'm going to post a few links for Brits who intend to go:

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

UK government France travel advice

London French Consulate advice for travel between the UK and France

From 18th July, France have withdrawn the need for fully vaccinated arrivals from the UK to present a negative test, your proof of full vaccination is sufficient.

Now, the big question for me is where in Le Mans can I get the necessary Covid test for returning to the UK, and what is the procedure. I'm hoping the pharmacy in the local village to where we stay may be able to provide a suitable test with immediate result (antigen?) early on the Monday morning after the race...we usually leave our accommodation late morning.

I'm wondering if Bella (most likely), Eric, Pascal, Gerard, Christopher or anyone else can advise?

Thank you!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 07:23 (Ref:4061989)   #1195
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Now, the big question for me is where in Le Mans can I get the necessary Covid test for returning to the UK, and what is the procedure. I'm hoping the pharmacy in the local village to where we stay may be able to provide a suitable test with immediate result (antigen?) early on the Monday morning after the race...we usually leave our accommodation late morning.
You can pre-order a kit to take with you from https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel/ (Other services are available)

Take the test, send them a pic of the result next to your passport, they'll email you a certificate back. All for £29.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4061996)   #1196
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you have 72 hours to take the test and then get to your point of departure. personally i’ve just done an antigen test at one airport and used it for another flight just under 3 days later. so you can avail yourself of the circuit testing facilities for spectators on saturday and then travel on that until the same time on tuesday. don’t worry about the morals and ethics - you can take your own nhs lateral flow tests and do them if you feel uncomfortable, you just obviously can’t use them to generate a certificate.

if you drive past an airport or you’re flying i can recommend popping in and using that airport’s provider - information can be found on their website. cost me €30.

as soon as i hear anything about the circuit’s provision i’ll post about it - i know i’ll need to use it to collect my pass!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4062000)   #1197
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hi Bentley! Bella gave the right info and Aston too.
If you go the a local pharmacy do ask for the proof of result. Mostly when a French has an antigen test, if the result is negative they give no proof just because "everything's fine" (recently tested for you). You need a proof of result, a certificate. Not really a hassle.
I think and hope the most persistent here will have fun. Enjoy the show!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4062001)   #1198
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The recent news has completely thwarted any hope of me going. I'm a teacher, and quarantining post-Le Mans would stop me from joining in with the start of term.

Morrisons Merguez and syncing RLM with Eurosport it is then. Again.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:19 (Ref:4062002)   #1199
S griffin
Veteran

So it should be no trouble then. Hopefully most people hoping to go get the all clear to travel, especially if France are being very strict, unlike us. It's not too much to ask, just need a certificate as Gerard said. Anyway best of luck to those hoping to go. Fingers crossed
Old 19 Jul 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4062035)   #1200
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So it should be no trouble then. Hopefully most people hoping to go get the all clear to travel, especially if France are being very strict, unlike us. It's not too much to ask, just need a certificate as Gerard said. Anyway best of luck to those hoping to go. Fingers crossed
Your random phrase post generator isn’t working so well this morning. Reboot needed?