Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Sep 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1702747)   #26
jv#12
Rookie

jv#12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman-normal
Foyt and Andretti together again????? COME ON!!
Something pretty fishy going on here.

now all we need is an Unser in the mix. weird
Old 5 Sep 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1702749)   #27
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
The fact AGR replaced him even though he will have been basically concussed a week before race day which is fine
Depends on the severity of the concussion, of course. Also, given the nature of the ChicagoLand track it's not a very good idea to race when you might have lingering side-effects of a concussion affecting your concentration etc.

I mean, when Dale Earnhardt Jr. suffered a concussion at Fontana in 2002 he suffered from the side-effects for around four months. NASCAR was rather unhappy, to say the least, when it eventually emerged that he had kept on racing (he had managed to get through the post-crash medical checkup without the doctors discovering the concussion).

That Franchitti most likely will fill in for da Matta at RuSport probably played in to a certain degree though, and I wouldn't be surprised if AGR and Franchitti mutually agreed that he should sit out to get fully healed without having to rush it, while the team gets a chance to try a different driver.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1702860)   #28
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If he really is concussed, then I would think his champcar ride with rusport may be in jeopardy, thereby squelching his glorious return.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 01:08 (Ref:1702864)   #29
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The next CC race is September 24, his concussion depending on how severe should be clear by then
Old 6 Sep 2006, 06:38 (Ref:1702929)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Darios accident was pretty big at Goodwood and I heard he suffered severe concussion. His accident took out a huge length of tyre wall and belting and he was taken to hospital after for observation. I think you will find the accident was a lot harder than many of you may think.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1702933)   #31
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Darios accident was pretty big at Goodwood and I heard he suffered severe concussion. His accident took out a huge length of tyre wall and belting and he was taken to hospital after for observation. I think you will find the accident was a lot harder than many of you may think.
I'm not surprised to hear that, considering the car he was driving wasn't exactly up to modern safety standards.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1703273)   #32
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know, I reckon this is the Surfer's Curse coming into effect early.

No one wins Surfers more than once...NO ONE

Aside from that I hope he's back in for Indy, atleast.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:51 (Ref:1705268)   #33
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I've always liked Dario, and I welcome him back to ChampCar with open arms. Hopefully he'll stick around.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 00:58 (Ref:1708430)   #34
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stick a fork in Dario, he's old news. Done.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 04:19 (Ref:1708473)   #35
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have rusport announced that dario will be replacing damatta yet,i keep going to the cart and and there no statement about it yet.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:46 (Ref:1709881)   #36
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RuSport have confirmed that...no one will drive car #10 at Road America.

Again, Justin Wilson will lead a single car effort.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 03:05 (Ref:1709901)   #37
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dario told the IndyStar that he has not spoken with anyone from RuSport about replacing da matta....

The concussion has just complicated this scenario even more....

Don't hold your breath.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1710026)   #38
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thats a shame , would have been great to see dario back in the series at least for the rest of the year
Old 14 Sep 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1710039)   #39
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a shame. But hey it is possible for 2007. Lets see what happens I guess.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1710045)   #40
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
autosport.com are saying today that talks between Dario and Rusport have broken down. Apparently he is asking for too much money and maybe more importantly he is trying to gaurantee a seat with the team next year.

Quote:
RuSPORT team president Jeremy Dale would not be drawn on the circumstances of the collapse of the talks. He said: "It's unfortunate, but we have in the mean time opened other avenues for filling that seat for [the final two rounds] Surfers Paradise and Mexico City."

Asked if there might still be a chance that Franchitti would race for RuSPORT in Australia and Mexico, he said: "Never say never... but I'm 99.9 per cent certain that won't be the case."
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1710287)   #41
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sucks...

That's the one thing about unconfirmed news for this series, it's never done until the official annoucement 2 days before the race.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1711442)   #42
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Ashley! You will be missed around the paddock - if by none other than me!

It appears that Dario will be in ALMS next year - although, AGR did reveal that they plan on 4 cars next year.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1712135)   #43
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
RuSPORT team president Jeremy Dale would not be drawn on the circumstances of the collapse of the talks. He said: "It's unfortunate, but we have in the mean time opened other avenues for filling that seat for [the final two rounds] Surfers Paradise and Mexico City.
Obviously $$$$ are going to be an issue but I cant see a better candidate for the 2nd Rusport car for 2007.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1712171)   #44
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone was reporting somewhere daREO slowwagon wanted $1 million for the last 3 races. I don't think he's worth it and rusport thought the same.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1712189)   #45
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
daREO slowwagon
Old 17 Sep 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1712281)   #46
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Someone was reporting somewhere daREO slowwagon wanted $1 million for the last 3 races. I don't think he's worth it and rusport thought the same.
If he wanted £1 million for the last 3 races and considering he isn't as good as he used to be RuSPORT may as well put all their resources and focus as much as possible on getting Justin 2nd in the standings..
Old 17 Sep 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1712430)   #47
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok how about we start talking about why we like/dislike Dario Franchitti. I have heard enough of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
I cant see a better candidate for the 2nd Rusport car for 2007.
and then the next person comes back with

Quote:
I don't think he's worth it and rusport thought the same.
Obviously we are all in disagreement about how we feel about Franchitti. Why do you like or dislike him?

I'll start...i think Franchitti is an incredible race driver. He was not the lowest on the AGR totem pole at any point since he was on that team. He has been fast and he has shown that he can win. I think given a good team like RuSport, he will be a great candidate for the drive.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1712472)   #48
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Well, I don't think he is a terrible driver.

BUT, the past four seasons I think he has done about nothing with agr, especially considering the huge salary he was being paid. It was publically quoted in 2003 that he was getting $8 million that season from honda for making the switch.

To me it's a cost/benefit ratio thingy. For $1 mil, I'd rather see an atlantic driver get a good chance or better yet try out an american driver that hasn't gotten a good break. From a championship perspective, I can't see how dario after being away for years, will really add that much to justin wilson's campaign. Nor do I think the fans will storm the barricades at the last races just to see amazing francheeki.

His options don't appear to be many, but if he gets a drive in champcar next year, I'll neither be for it or against.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1712549)   #49
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things are changing for Rusport, they are indeed, concerned about beating Newman Haas and now Forsythe but there are a couple of young tigers in CTE who haven't been paying them much respect lately.

Next year it will be getting a little crowded up front IMO.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1712675)   #50
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so I wonder who Rusport have in mind for Surfers and mexico then ??