Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 May 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4051321)   #1
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters historic festival, Brands Hatch

No mention of this fantastic event with just over 2 weeks to go, any ideas of entries etc. Yet? Nothing on Masterrs or MSVR sites yet.
Old 13 May 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4051416)   #2
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
No mention of this fantastic event with just over 2 weeks to go, any ideas of entries etc. Yet? Nothing on Masterrs or MSVR sites yet.
There was a post on Masters Facebook saying the GT race has a full grid but no other news. This meeting has lost its magic a bit for me this year. I don't enjoy long demo sessions of random supposedly F1 cars, one make racing, even minis, is dull and the modern Sportscars don't do much for me. Add that the crazy Dutch guys are not there and it all seems a bit flat. It's all on the excellent streaming service so it's stay at home and avoid the horrors of Sunday night on the M25 for me

Silverstone the weekend before however has a fabulous entry building up. It will be a great weekend. If Silverstone ever send out the etickets I have paid for but not yet received....
Old 21 May 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4052573)   #3
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry List

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...festival/9027/
Old 23 May 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4052843)   #4
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Sorry if I am being dense; I can't actually see entry lists on that link?
Old 23 May 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4052820)   #5
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Yes, seen it thanks, some pleasing entries, but disappointing 10 entries for the F1 races.
Old 23 May 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4052845)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Could non only find the timetable: https://msvstatic.com/documents/Web%...%20Masters.pdf
Old 23 May 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4052850)   #7
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Follow link in earlier post from young Willmazz, then scroll down to information downloads and open ninth download
Old 24 May 2021, 00:39 (Ref:4053011)   #8
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeleted View Post
Follow link in earlier post from young Willmazz, then scroll down to information downloads and open ninth download
Thanks for making it easier. Though calling me young on heres getting harder now I'm 19 nearly. Crazy the years flowing by.

Some cracking grids on there. Would these grids been as good without covid? Hmm tough one.
Old 24 May 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4053097)   #9
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks for making it easier. Though calling me young on heres getting harder now I'm 19 nearly. Crazy the years flowing by..
You’ve got several more decades of being considered young on this forum
Old 29 May 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4053759)   #10
Willmaz223
Veteran

Anybody catch what happened to the 512m.

Looked a nasty incident with the front of the car looking rather destroyed.

Really put a downer on today for me ngl.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4055516)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks for making it easier. Though calling me young on heres getting harder now I'm 19 nearly. Crazy the years flowing by.

Some cracking grids on there. Would these grids been as good without covid? Hmm tough one.
I'm 49 and still considered young by some! Kiddo!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4055522)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'm 49 and still considered young by some! Kiddo!
You are a mere lad
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 May 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4052906)   #13
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The size of some of the entries is remarkable given that virtually all of the entries are British. Unfortunately the Historic Formula One championship relies heavily on foreign competitors and until the current travel problems are solved this championship will be badly affected.
Old 30 May 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4053798)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hugely enjoyed the coverage. All you need for great racing is a bunch of Lotus Cortinas and minis!

Is there a link to today's coverage, I can only seem to find yesterdays?

EDIT. Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywBYzE8Rrk

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2021 at 08:33.
Old 30 May 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4053809)   #15
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Cheers, I’ve realised Pearson is racing in Gentleman Drivers.
Old 30 May 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4053822)   #16
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone who interested, here's my trackside vid from yesterdays quali and races from Brands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cguv9eeSh1M
Old 30 May 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4053826)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm enjoying the coverage today. Looks like a nasty shunt in the last race before lunch with a car going over the barriers out on the GP loop? Driver OK though so we're told.

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be that much interest on here.....
Old 30 May 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4053847)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that was odd in the Mini race. Marshals wandering out into a live race track a lap early.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 May 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4053860)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well that was odd in the Mini race. Marshals wandering out into a live race track a lap early.

Yeah I saw that myself and wondered what that was all about. No red or anything just a couple of yellows being waved sending them onto the short cut back to the pits before Clearways on the short circuit.(is it even still called Clearways?)
Old 30 May 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4053894)   #20
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was explained a bit later. Cock up by marshals who thought the race had finished. Good job it was relatively slow Minis not the quick stuff.

Old 30 May 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4053912)   #21
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I had a great day at Brands on Saturday. I spent the morning around the Indy loop and the afternoon out in the woods with the sun dappling through the trees onto some awesome machinery.

The Endurance Legends were always going to be the highlight for me and it was as fabulous as expected to see prototypes rocketing around Brands. The other grids offered a fairly familiar (but enjoyable) collection of British and US faves. The ubiquity of the fake Lotus Cortinas takes the shine off the touring car field a little, but between that race, the Equippe all-comers and the Gentleman Drivers there was plenty of 60s variety to admire.
Old 30 May 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4053931)   #22
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Just seen a vid of the Chevron vaulting the barrier at Hawthorn, truly scary stuff driver got out fine though.
Old 30 May 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4053966)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I never got to see that on the stream (no replays) but it must have been pretty scary.

Hugely enjoyed the coverage and the wonderfully entertaining, enthusiastic and informative commentary!

EDIT - just watched the video. Very scary. Lucky to walk away from that....
Old 30 May 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4053969)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hugely enjoyed the coverage and the wonderfully entertaining, enthusiastic and informative commentary!
Ditto.
Old 30 May 2021, 20:58 (Ref:4053979)   #25
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Yes, except for the many times that they talked over each other, with the result that it was nigh on impossible to understand what either of them were saying. It made me appreciate why Murray Walker would only allow one microphone when he was teamed with James Hunt (which annoyed James hugely); I cannot remember whether the same happened when Martin Brundle joined the team.