Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4055802)   #1936
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I would love to see how that corner changes the layout. I have missed the Oz GP quite a lot
The simulations strongly suggest it won't increase overtaking chances. More likely the opposite.

I'd rather see the GP at a proper circuit. Phillip Island, Eastern Creak or Talem Bend would be epic.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 (Ref:4055826)   #1937
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Or how about a return to Adelaide?
Old Yesterday, 07:47 (Ref:4055827)   #1938
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The simulations strongly suggest it won't increase overtaking chances. More likely the opposite.

I'd rather see the GP at a proper circuit. Phillip Island, Eastern Creak or Talem Bend would be epic.

I would far prefer the event to take place at Bathurst. I believe that it would severely test the drivers.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 (Ref:4055830)   #1939
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would far prefer the event to take place at Bathurst. I believe that it would severely test the drivers.
Mike, i'm not sure if you knew about when Jenson Button came out with a McLaren F1 (V10) to do a Vodafone car swap thing with a V8SC. He put in a few laps in the F1 car as well as V8SC laps.

On board the F1 car: https://youtu.be/fZXdW7j64FE

Jenson commented that it was very bumpy, indeed too bumpy to race on. He enjoyed it though.

Some other non onboard footage of him at Bathurst and comments.
https://youtu.be/NHvkhlP4XUU

Oh and (obviously) he broke the outright lap record by some 15+seconds IIRC

Back in the day from the thirties to late fifties of course Bathurst was used a few times for the Australian GP in its non championship days

Last edited by E.B; Yesterday at 09:27.
Old Yesterday, 09:32 (Ref:4055833)   #1940
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or how about a return to Adelaide?
Not going to happen. SA government binned off the Supercars event in the city, presumably as a result of the money they've indeed at The Bend Motorsport Park.

They gave many other reasons based on the costs of running the event, but the Adelaide branding is all over the Bend now.

I know my wife's rellies who live in the city are very pleased that they don't get the travel disruption any more!
Old Yesterday, 11:51 (Ref:4055840)   #1941
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Not going to happen. SA government binned off the Supercars event in the city, presumably as a result of the money they've indeed at The Bend Motorsport Park.

They gave many other reasons based on the costs of running the event, but the Adelaide branding is all over the Bend now.

I know my wife's rellies who live in the city are very pleased that they don't get the travel disruption any more!
I think also that the old extended GP circuit (the Supercars only used a shortened version) now has a lot of redevelopment going on that has resulted in some roads used now being either not there or re-routed.

The current State government opposition have vowed, if voted in, to get the (Supercars) race back on..... obviously as much as residents may object to tens of thousands of extras around the city, the local traders, hotels and restaurants loved it.
Old Yesterday, 13:02 (Ref:4055849)   #1942
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Last time I checked, the roads are still there on the old extended version. There might even be some kerbs still there
Old Yesterday, 13:22 (Ref:4055852)   #1943
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think also that the old extended GP circuit (the Supercars only used a shortened version) now has a lot of redevelopment going on that has resulted in some roads used now being either not there or re-routed.
I think the redevelopment of the Old Brewery into apartments has happened since the extended circuit was last used? Getting approval to run motorsport along Rundle Road onto Dequetteville seems unlikely.
Old Yesterday, 13:44 (Ref:4055861)   #1944
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the International Circuit at The Bend Motorsport Park.

Here's the link to the other layouts.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/aust...l#.YMS3eO8o-nE
Old Yesterday, 14:12 (Ref:4055870)   #1945
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This is the International Circuit at The Bend Motorsport Park.
Would there be any (genuine) appetite to spend money upgrading to FIA 1?
I know the owners say they might, but what return would they want for doing so?
Old Today, 07:12 (Ref:4056057)   #1946
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Would there be any (genuine) appetite to spend money upgrading to FIA 1?
I know the owners say they might, but what return would they want for doing so?
Even if they did getting a track layout to F1 standard is only a very small part of running a Grand Prix.The location of The Bend means it couldn’t handle movement of Albert Park sized crowds in and out of the venue even if the state government was willing to fund the whole thing.
Also as much as I loved Adelaide at the time-and I went to all the Grand Prix there except for the last one-it had pretty much outgrown the venue 25 years ago.Think of F1 around St Petersburg and that’s pretty much what F1 around Adelaide would be like now.