Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old Today, 14:50 (Ref:4056179)   #76
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, pretty disappointing, I was hoping he'd make Speedworks a two-car team...
Yeah, Butel is another driver who seems pretty hopeless.
Will see how it shapes up across the season (give them all some more time) but for now it looks like a second league is being created for Parfitt, Butel, Smelt, Hamilton and possibly Edwards.
Old Today, 15:51 (Ref:4056197)   #77
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, pretty disappointing, I was hoping he'd make Speedworks a two-car team...
Yeah, Butel is another driver who seems pretty hopeless.
Will see how it shapes up across the season (give them all some more time) but for now it looks like a second league is being created for Parfitt, Butel, Smelt, Hamilton and possibly Edwards.
Why ‘possibly’ Edwards....she didn’t do anything in 3 years of Clio Cup and has shown nothing to suggest that she is a future star in BTCC. Jess Hawkins has shown her the way with limited experience in touring cars....
Old Today, 16:06 (Ref:4056199)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
So both Porsche races have the guy crossing second being awarded the win. Well done Jewiss on the win, but that’s bad for King. Still looks like it will be close in the championship this year

Anyway, BTCC R3 next, Jelley on pole, we’ll see what him and team mate Oliphant can do from the front row. Jelley certainly is reminding everyone of how good he is now he has a great car under him
Old Today, 16:15 (Ref:4056200)   #79
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Why ‘possibly’ Edwards....she didn’t do anything in 3 years of Clio Cup and has shown nothing to suggest that she is a future star in BTCC. Jess Hawkins has shown her the way with limited experience in touring cars....
You may be right but let's see. She retired in both races at Thruxton so still didn't have a lot of chances to show what she can do. Although yes, considering hype that surrounded her when she joined the championship, she's done very poorly so far. But as I say, still early days. For Butel or Smelt there's little excuse, Parfitt, well, I sort of expected him to do like that. Hamilton already has quite a number of races under his belt and I can't see him moving up in the future.

On a more positive note, great to see Jack Goff in the top 10. He's been doing quite solid so far in a Cupra.
Old Today, 16:33 (Ref:4056202)   #80
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way the infiniti passes people like they're stopped is absolute bull crap. No way Sutton is that much better than everyone else and you're deluded if you think he is.
Old Today, 16:58 (Ref:4056207)   #81
Matt K
Veteran

I think Sutton is really that good. Moffat or Boardley perform significantly worse.
Fantastic drive from Ingram and I'm really happy for him and the whole team. Honestly I expected them to do really well and am not disappointed.
At the same time bad luck for Oliphant, quite a shame Jelley couldn't hold on to a podium.

Shedden punting Jelley on the straight part of the track was...well, embarassing.
Old Today, 16:58 (Ref:4056208)   #82
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the car was that good we'd be seeing Moffat & Boardley well up there too, and they're not.
Old Today, 17:09 (Ref:4056210)   #83
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early days but I don't think any driver/ car combination is going to be able to beat Ash in that Infiniti - people like Colin will be somewhere near still by the time we get to Brands GP but that Infiniti with Ash behind the wheel is looking like the best overall package as long as he can qualify it relatively well and finish the races
Old Today, 17:11 (Ref:4056211)   #84
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or Lord Gow will intervene
Old Today, 17:13 (Ref:4056212)   #85
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't there effectively 3 teams running the Infinitis? (Boardley Motorsport/BMR Racing/Aidan Moffat Racing).

It is as much the team setting up the car as it is the driver.
Old Today, 17:34 (Ref:4056216)   #86
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Three great races today. Well done Tingram for giving both Hyundai and Excelr8 a first win.

Sutton once again showing his class and is looking good for another title. It’s nice to see the increased ballast for this year doesn’t make it too hard to progress up the field

Shedden has clearly still got it, he just needs a clean weekend. Although I didn’t like him driving into Jelley in R3 coming out the hairpin. OJ made great starts in all three races, shame he got involved in incidents in R3.

Well done Jade Edwards on getting his first point in R3, we’ll see how she progresses

So nice to see crowds back, must attend a race meeting again ASAP