Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 May 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4052587)   #76
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh! Pictures, now is it?

Jaguar No. 619 means it started at 6.19am. but of course you knew that didn't you, Will?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0057.JPG   IMG_0059.JPG   IMG_0061.JPG  

IMG_0062.JPG   IMG_0064.JPG  
Old 21 May 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4052590)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Richard, the Imp is great but the E Type… How on earth did those stickers land on the body, Pioneer and Charles Pozzi? Not mentioning the wheels, horrible and non compliant!
Old 21 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4052592)   #78
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Richard, the Imp is great but the E Type… How on earth did those stickers land on the body, Pioneer and Charles Pozzi? Not mentioning the wheels, horrible and non compliant!

Its a Polistoy model - far from the best but I do like an E-type.....
Old 22 May 2021, 05:39 (Ref:4052650)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Must be Politoys aka Polistil. Polistoy is a famous bran here, gran'ma uses it to keep her teeth in place…
Old 22 May 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4052664)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May we have scrutineering slightly after 5:00 AM, please? Asking for a friend… As to knee protections, I suggest we could have a partnership with Urgo and that any competitor would not be authorised to drink more than one bottle of mercurochrome per day. Or use his own toilets…
Old 22 May 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4052677)   #81
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having studied the entry, I have decided to add a further car to my Equipe.

I am entering the ultimate carpet racer, I give you the

Carpetright Special to be driven by Cyril Lord.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3805 (2).JPG  
Old 22 May 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4052687)   #82
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The circuit layout is slowly coming together. Still need at least 1 named left hand bend (I'm slightly hampered here as I can only go on circuits I've marshalled at) but does so far encompass long straights, sweeping corners and tricky uphill & downhill sections

Because this event does not come under the auspices of either the FIA or the MSA, scrutineering will take the relaxed form of checking the car yourself and promising that the car is as described.

There are no restrictions on practice, no decibel levels as I expect much enthusiastic tyre screeching and vrooming but the final method of qualification has yet to be decided.
Old 22 May 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4052697)   #83
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
The circuit layout is slowly coming together. Still need at least 1 named left hand bend (I'm slightly hampered here as I can only go on circuits I've marshalled at) but does so far encompass long straights, sweeping corners and tricky uphill & downhill sections

What about Cascades or Island Bend at Oulton Park. Both challenging left handers.
Old 22 May 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4052722)   #84
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If you want a slightly over-square left on a crest, Rocket at Trac Mon (Anglesey) is testing.....
Old 22 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4052728)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Left hand curve? may I suggest Indianapolis, sounds US, very appreciated by Brits and located in France. You have Samson (Rouen les Essarts) to please bauble, curva del Vialone (Monza) or courbe Ascari (Montlhéry) to please EB.

Bauble, I got a sponsor for your car, still hesitating between Pliz and Howard!
Old 22 May 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4052746)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about Mike Bell corner?
Old 23 May 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4052825)   #87
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about Mike Bell corner?
Excellent!!

I used to have 'Clark Crest' a short straight named after the late great with a slight hump in the floor which iirc was some kind of imperfection under the carpet!
Old 23 May 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4052831)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Your very own Flugplatz?
Old 23 May 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4052842)   #89
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Your very own Flugplatz?
Lol!!!
Old 23 May 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4052848)   #90
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I have a simple three car entry of Mini Coopers. They all have identical performance, and always travel in the same formation, red one at the front followed by the white one, with the blue one bringing up the rear. If your floor circuit includes such obstacles as sewers, shopping malls, roof top test tracks and jumps between buildings then Charlie Croker's boys should be in with a chance of a good result.
Old 23 May 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4052852)   #91
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I have a simple three car entry of Mini Coopers. They all have identical performance, and always travel in the same formation, red one at the front followed by the white one, with the blue one bringing up the rear. If your floor circuit includes such obstacles as sewers, shopping malls, roof top test tracks and jumps between buildings then Charlie Croker's boys should be in with a chance of a good result.

As long as they are not to be transported in a converted coach!
Old 24 May 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4053090)   #92
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As long as they are not to be transported in a converted coach!
A good point Mike but if there are any problems with that, it'll ba after the main event anyway!
They may need a bit of work before the event, as there has been quite a lot of dust accumulation sat by my office window.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Italian Job Minis.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	68648
Old 25 May 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4053371)   #93
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, we have someone with some serious preparation work going on....cleaning their entries !

I think there is going to have to be a class structure, so I'll offer up the following and then follow the majority:

1:43
1:18
Wooden
Static wheeled
Commercials
Libre

I still think that those in their blister packs are going to have an aero disadvantage, static wheel vehicles will be able to drift fantastically on the low grip carpet surface and that Porsches will be disqualified because....well, just because.

So here is how I envisage the lay out:

the start is a third of the way along Conrod Straight. There follows a high speed dash into the first corner, Bells (a 90 degree left hander), a short dash to the now clockwise 180 degree Members Banking, through Church then up through Eau Rouge, down through the Craner Curves, along Norwich Straight and into Sunny, which leads back to the Conrod straight.

Last edited by Mike_Powell; 25 May 2021 at 22:48. Reason: Spelling mistake