Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Robert Kubica 1 3.70%
George Russell 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3944588)   #26
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nope, I can’t see LH ever joining the red team. He’ll retire before that happens....
I'm a bit mixed on that one TBH. I can easily see the honourable part of Hamilton going for 7, getting that, and bowing out as an equal of Schumacher.

I can just as easily see him going for 10, just because he can.

What I can't see, ever, is Hamilton in a Ferrari.

That's a statement that'll come back to bite me!
Old 3 Dec 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3944608)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Ferrari and Hamilton would be able to come to an agreement on the contract? And how would the tifosi take to him?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3944612)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if Ferrari and Hamilton would be able to come to an agreement on the contract? And how would the tifosi take to him?
What agreement would that be?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3944660)   #29
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember that Ferrari had the better car in 2018 but Vettel’s mistakes and Hamilton’s lack of them probably decided the title.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3944665)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What agreement would that be?
An agreement where two parties find something they are both happy with ;P
Old 4 Dec 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3944700)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still say it should never happen.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3944965)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I still say it should never happen.
I can't see how it could happen! Whilst i have little doubt Lewis is the sort of no holds barred racer the Tifosi love, there's noo way the management could stomach all the sulking and shenanigans away from the circuit. mind you, Italy does love it's fashion scene!

Besides, I think Ferrari know full well they've got the driver they need to take them forward into the future.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3945041)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing at all to do with his lifestyle as far as I'm concerned. If he won races regularly and WDCs in the red cars no-one in Italy let alone at Ferrari would give a monkey's about what he does away from the circuit (as if that should be of any consequence at all in the scheme of things - to anyone really....). It would just be complete insanity to leave Mercedes for Ferrari....
Old 5 Dec 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3945044)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I can't see how it could happen! Whilst i have little doubt Lewis is the sort of no holds barred racer the Tifosi love, there's noo way the management could stomach all the sulking and shenanigans away from the circuit. mind you, Italy does love it's fashion scene!

Besides, I think Ferrari know full well they've got the driver they need to take them forward into the future.
Merc have cut LH a lot of slack when it comes to corporate stuff, but as I read it they realised that giving him more ‘space’ resulted in better on track performance, not poorer. I think describing his other interests as ‘sulking and shenanigans away from the circuit’ a bit harsh, though!

Another observation in Autosport today was that Merc traditionally look after their drivers well after they retire, and I would imagine LH is well aware if that.....

And yes, Leclerc is Ferrari’s future, IMO!
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3945067)   #35
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nothing at all to do with his lifestyle as far as I'm concerned. If he won races regularly and WDCs in the red cars no-one in Italy let alone at Ferrari would give a monkey's about what he does away from the circuit (as if that should be of any consequence at all in the scheme of things - to anyone really....). It would just be complete insanity to leave Mercedes for Ferrari....
It would be insanity. But would Lewis be caught up in the chance of beating Schumacher's WDC record in a Ferrari? He's the kind of guy who would back himself in to do it if he takes his 7th in 2020.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 01:32 (Ref:3945095)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Merc have cut LH a lot of slack when it comes to corporate stuff, but as I read it they realised that giving him more ‘space’ resulted in better on track performance, not poorer. I think describing his other interests as ‘sulking and shenanigans away from the circuit’ a bit harsh, though!

Another observation in Autosport today was that Merc traditionally look after their drivers well after they retire, and I would imagine LH is well aware if that.....

And yes, Leclerc is Ferrari’s future, IMO!
I thought he'd got less sulky over the last two seasons.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3945133)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

Of course Ferrari had Mansell once and he wasn't the easiest person to manage out of the car. Someone once said he was a well balanced individual, in that he had a chip on both shoulders...
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3945147)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
It would be insanity. But would Lewis be caught up in the chance of beating Schumacher's WDC record in a Ferrari? He's the kind of guy who would back himself in to do it if he takes his 7th in 2020.
No, I don't think he be at all fussed which car he takes an 8th title in.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3945157)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There are no future races! They'll re set the parts for next season.
I missed the from my post.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3945161)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 23:49 (Ref:3945293)   #41
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
He has never driven a non Merc engine F1. I agree with your earlier post - he won't change. I reckon if Merc left Hamilton would probably pack up too.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 02:39 (Ref:3945299)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
That depends on whether he gets an 8th title; he's still got to get No.7 and it's not a bottle of Jack.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 04:41 (Ref:3945316)   #43
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That depends on whether he gets an 8th title; he's still got to get No.7 and it's not a bottle of Jack.
Looking at the last 6 years if you are Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes and you have a muppet in the second car it pretty well is.

He won eleven races this season.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3945344)   #44
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If he goes to Ferrari and Verstappen takes his place at Mercedes there ain’t no 8th title happening.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3945348)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, it's something we've forgotten about. Who would replace him if he went to Merc? Max would be an obvious choice, if they could lure him away from RBR
Old 7 Dec 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3945386)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looking at the last 6 years if you are Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes and you have a muppet in the second car it pretty well is.

He won eleven races this season.
Hamilton didn't win it in 2016, and I wouldn't call Rosberg a muppet. After Rosberg left Mercedes, Bottas has been essentially Hamilton's wingman.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3945437)   #47
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Hamilton didn't win it in 2016, and I wouldn't call Rosberg a muppet. After Rosberg left Mercedes, Bottas has been essentially Hamilton's wingman.
I was referring to Hamilton's chances of getting the WDC with Merc next year BJ, and as you infer Bottas (Muppet) aint no Rosberg.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 02:48 (Ref:3945491)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I was referring to Hamilton's chances of getting the WDC with Merc next year BJ, and as you infer Bottas (Muppet) aint no Rosberg.
Indeed wnut and I was referring to Aysedasi's comment about not being at all fussed which car Hamilton takes an 8th title in. However, he has to win next year's title in order to do that, muppets or not included.